Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do you talk with your therapist about your sex life?

Started by KarlMars, January 24, 2018, 07:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylo

They've asked me about it relation to whether or not I had psychological difficulty with it, if I felt it was in some way related to gender dysphoria.

To which the answer is yes. It's one of the major tells of me having a problem, and it's one that didn't resolve with time.

They also asked about my sexuality in building up a psychological profile and looking to see if I demonstrated "classic" symptoms of transsexuality, although my sexuality is unhelpful in that respect since it's effectively "neutral" (bisexual). And sexuality does seem to vary a lot in trans people, so I guess it's one of the "older" questions in the list.

Quote from: KarlMars on January 24, 2018, 07:32:55 PM
Do you think talking about sex with your therapist is an important part of your gender identity?

Nah. She was more interested in the relationship dynamic between me an my partner and how that was going to change, than the sex. In that sense, I could see the medical professionals at the GIC were monitoring the sort of support network I had through these questions, and were encouraging me to make sure I didn't cut myself off too much from one. 

QuoteIf so was your therapist able to offer anything helpful in the way of your sexual problems due to dysphoria?

I don't have a problem talking about it, but it hasn't been that helpful if I did. I mean, I knew the reason behind the problem with it - I didn't need a sex therapist or anything. I'm not even sure if what I've got can be "resolved". It's the thorniest issue I have, for sure.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Donna

I brought it up. She didn't ask and I think that was appropriate. I needed to open up about it as it was a major component of my desicion to transition.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Ely-chan

my situation is complicated
im 22 years old and i dont hace sexual live and im virgin
in a time i tought i was asexual male or something like that
I think i was bi couse i feel atractive to mens ands womens, more men but i feel fear about it (cause all arounds me thinks its atnormal) and i preffer frienship with girls like a "normal boy"
But i have gender identity problems especial with my boy- thing that scares me and anal-sex with a men scares me more, but i like anal masturbation yes im crazy
My terapist talk me about try date with women and men to know my orientation and i try to open a little,...
my love record ... i loved a girl that was my exgirlfriend but our relation ship not work cause i sometimes acts few fem (probably i wasnt sexual atract to her but defenly i loved her) and she wants a male-male that do male things... now i understand it and probably is the reason why she starts to search a man
after that  i only kiss a woman and a man was good but i dont was the same probably cause i dont love them

After for years thinking about if im a straight woman or bi woman or no binary bisexual or a lesbian woman trapped in boy body  or a spacial watermelon.... after all this things i acep if you fall in love with someone only fall in love with him or her... but i dont want to be the boy of the relationship cause i dont feel in that way

so, for now i dont care if love comes good if not np (but i still prefer  see nude boys  >:-))

My plans to trasition are far... but it comes first i need focus in my studies... in anyway i will need money XD
  •  

Julia1996

I don't especially like discussing my sex life with my therapist but it's just one more thing I have to do for surgery. If you don't play the game you don't get the letters for surgery. I withheld certain details from her in the beginning,  mostly the BDSM details but she could tell I was holding back and wanted me to tell her everything so I did. I don't know if it was a part of therapy or just entertainment for her. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

warlockmaker

I was very sexually active as a male, thus sex as a female and having great orgasms was very important to me. I am also very gregarious and no topic would embarass me. I was ever so lucky to have just the greatest therapist and guide. He taught me about my mental changes and  that sex as a female was very much different, requiring mental triggers that are so different. For example men are driven visually whereas females use imagination and sounds and words are more important.

You should initiate the subject and your concerns, some therapist dont ask sensitive subjects as much as they should. So you raise them, thats what a therapist is there for. There is no shame or embarassnent. If you are forthcoming with an experienced therapist it will prepare you for the best sex ever, making your orgasms as a male pale by comparison.
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015
  •  

softbutchharley

Of course I did !!! I am sexually active, and part of living my life involves sex. DUH !!!! I like sex, and it's a major thing for me to enjoy my body and to feel the intimacy involved. Of course I talked to my therapist about it. Funny thing tho...the support groups (2) I attended did not have a very favorable attitude about sex I am sorry to say. Like to want to enjoy sex was somehow a "bad" reason to want to have correction surgery. Oh well....eh ? I kept in contact with several gals from those groups. One killed herself, and I'd say 4-5 didn't even want to have sex !!! Different strokes I guess. HTH and ty for posting this topic :)
J
Those who deny freedom to others....Do not deserve it for themselves.  Abraham Lincoln
  •  

softbutchharley

And TY warlocker for that great post. Your attitude is great and you are spot on. Great words !!!
Those who deny freedom to others....Do not deserve it for themselves.  Abraham Lincoln
  •  

Donna

Very well said warlocker and right on the money.
I'm asexual but that is just as important in my journey and talking about it brought out what was really hidden deep inside me. In all of this transition that talk has been the most emotion and important yet. 
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
October T 14.8 / 456
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
March T 7.4 / 236
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Kendra

Q: Do you talk with your therapist about your sex life?
A: Yes.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Allie Bee

I have no problem telling my doctor about my sex life, maybe not in too much detail but im pretty sure my therapist doesnt wanna hear it, lol. Shes a self proclaimed "traditional christian woman" which made coming out to her interesting. She never met a trans person before me. She's trying though.
Alessa B🐝

Instagram.com/allie_beeee
  •  

Cakemonstomus

No, it makes me uncomfortable to talk about with a therapist, but I would talk about and it's non-existence with a doctor,but only if asked.
9/07: privately came out to my older sister
9/15: came out publicly as mtf
8/16: name and gender "unofficially" changed on school records
4/18: started hrt
8/18: legal gender and name change
--/19: SRS
  •  

Donna

Quote from: Julia1996 on March 23, 2018, 02:52:57 AM
I don't especially like discussing my sex life with my therapist but it's just one more thing I have to do for surgery. If you don't play the game you don't get the letters for surgery. I withheld certain details from her in the beginning,  mostly the BDSM details but she could tell I was holding back and wanted me to tell her everything so I did. I don't know if it was a part of therapy or just entertainment for her. Lol

With my current counselor I talked about my past sex life but did not elaborate about the details. I wasn't getting into the kinks and strangeness as I don't think I can talk about it with another counselor. My wife and I were in couples counseling a few years ago due to my kinks and we both left a session disgusted. While I tried to discuss what was destroying our marriage my wife who was sitting straight across for him noticed he was getting aroused. It was just so gross and our last section. We worked it out ourselves
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

Allison S

Well I know this is different but I told a nurse "that's my problem" after basically telling her I'm celibate, and don't need std testing. Well, they keep asking if I want an hiv test so I think that does kinda open up the convo a bit for me to "overshare"...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Christy Lee

Quote from: KarlMars on January 24, 2018, 07:32:55 PM
One therapist asked me about my sex life and I didn't like it. I wasn't comfortable with him or ready to talk about it. He was emotionally abusive as well. Later I heard he got arrested for sexual battery of a patient. My second therapist who was for trans therapy didn't ask and I didn't tell. I've considered myself asexual for quite some time now. I don't know if it's related to dysphoria. I'm starting with a really good therapist who I think I may be comfortable talking with sex about. I'm hoping to develop some sexuality after transition.

Do you think talking about sex with your therapist is an important part of your gender identity? If so was your therapist able to offer anything helpful in the way of your sexual problems due to dysphoria?

I am Asexual also, and yes i feel like sex is important for me to talk about as part of my gender identity, but its not really a subject im use to or comfortable talking about and yes i have had problems in this area due to dysphoria... like soo much
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

DawnOday

I do not talk about sex but I do talk about the results of my sex. Two beautiful human beings.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

stephaniec

•