Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Favorite Fragrances?

Started by SammyHatesGreenEggs, April 08, 2018, 07:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyHatesGreenEggs

I recently ordered a perfume sampler, and did a bunch of reading on review sites to learn more about the world of female fragrance.  Back when I was male I owned a few different scents, and yet again I have a growing collection! 

What are some of your favorites?

So far I have:
Black Orchid by Tom Ford
Acqua di Giola by Giorgio Armania
No 5 by Chanel
Vanille Insemme by Atletier
Eau de Issey by Issey Miyakie

I was also thinking about Light Blue by Dolce and Gabana, but it sounded too similar to Acqua di Giola for me.  And while Flowerbomb by Viktor and Wolf has high reviews, I'm just not into "flowery" scents.  It's a shame Creed doesn't have anything for women that seems to rate high, as Aventus used to be my favorite cologne.
  •  

GCHR88

My signature scent is My NY by DKNY.
  •  

Donna

My fav is haut couture by givinchy
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

kaitylynn

Gaultier II is one that works great with my chemistry!  :D
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

KathyLauren

TBH, my favourite fragrance is none.  I find most scents way, way, way too strong for me.  I look for unscented products when I can.

Someone had recommended Nivea for my skin.  Lordy, I can't get that stuff near my face!  Even on my elbows, I get too much of it in my nose.  It smells like toxic waste.  Then my wife recommended a cream by Alba than smelled of mangoes.  Well, mangoes are nice, but the stuff smelled like a truckload of mangoes had been dumped on my head!  Any strong smell like that makes my sinuses burn and my eyes water.

I finally found a skin cream called Nova Scotia Fisherman, made locally, that not only works well to moisturize my skin, but it also has a very mild scent of kelp that is not unpleasant, and, more importantly, is not overpowering.

While I would like a nice, subtle floral scent, the trick is not to get run over by it.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

heather3791

Love Victoria Secret's "Tease" for perfume and mist. And for a good scented body lotion got to have my Warm Vanilla Sugar!
  •  

SadieBlake

So many great choices. My favorite ever was Yohji which hasn't been made in over a decade.

Things I have (and husband very carefully, as perfume is so pricy, most of these bottles I've had for 5-10 years)

Angel (Thierry Mugler) .. so sexy, really not a daily wear scent for me
Pure Poison (Dior) .. nice sillage, one of very few florals I like
Prada .. I find it sexy but it's an odd scent, too large sillage for daily wear
Acqua di Parma (Colonia) .. found at a local shop, close to Yohji, nominally a men's scent
Amber ... Just that, for a monotone, it's lovely
Angel Alien (Thierry Mugler) .. a more fecund, alien version of Angel I live it infrequently

A couple of honorable mentions I haven't tried to replace

Rouge Hermes .. which did a spectacular job of capturing the base notes of leather, not a popular fragrance but we liked it
The original l'Agent from Agent Provocateur ... Tiny egg shaped btl, overpriced :-/

My GF's go-to scent is Chanel Bois des Illes, sometimes we swap that role. She also has the Guerlain scents l'Huere Bleue (soft, sublime), Mitsuko and Shalimar as well as a tiny bottle of whatever l'agent perfume Agent Provocateur had when she visited there a few years ago. She also has a few scents by Creed, a forgettable perfumier hat talks a big game.

And then there are my go-to inexpensive scents, I think of them as my pre-transition scents. I've certainly bought more fluid oz of these than all other scents combined, however, haven't replaced either in a couple of years

Dream Angel Heavenly from Vic Secret .. used to be the most popular perfume in the world and I can't figure out why, its based on white musk and while peony and it's 100% recognizeable, I used to be amused when I noted women wearing it at work
Opium (YSL) .. relatively affordable, I haven't replaced it in a long time, invariably will someday.

And Sadie makes another wall o' text ;-) right now wearing the fading scents of acqua di Parma and TM Angel that I put on this morning
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Laurel D

I'm broke. So I stick with what I can get from Walmart. I don't go heavy on any scents, but I like berry or citrus scents.
  •  

SammyHatesGreenEggs

Quote from: SadieBlake on April 11, 2018, 01:17:38 AM
So many great choices. My favorite ever was Yohji which hasn't been made in over a decade.

Things I have (and husband very carefully, as perfume is so pricy, most of these bottles I've had for 5-10 years)

Angel (Thierry Mugler) .. so sexy, really not a daily wear scent for me
Pure Poison (Dior) .. nice sillage, one of very few florals I like
Prada .. I find it sexy but it's an odd scent, too large sillage for daily wear
Acqua di Parma (Colonia) .. found at a local shop, close to Yohji, nominally a men's scent
Amber ... Just that, for a monotone, it's lovely
Angel Alien (Thierry Mugler) .. a more fecund, alien version of Angel I live it infrequently

A couple of honorable mentions I haven't tried to replace

Rouge Hermes .. which did a spectacular job of capturing the base notes of leather, not a popular fragrance but we liked it
The original l'Agent from Agent Provocateur ... Tiny egg shaped btl, overpriced :-/

My GF's go-to scent is Chanel Bois des Illes, sometimes we swap that role. She also has the Guerlain scents l'Huere Bleue (soft, sublime), Mitsuko and Shalimar as well as a tiny bottle of whatever l'agent perfume Agent Provocateur had when she visited there a few years ago. She also has a few scents by Creed, a forgettable perfumier hat talks a big game.

And then there are my go-to inexpensive scents, I think of them as my pre-transition scents. I've certainly bought more fluid oz of these than all other scents combined, however, haven't replaced either in a couple of years

Dream Angel Heavenly from Vic Secret .. used to be the most popular perfume in the world and I can't figure out why, its based on white musk and while peony and it's 100% recognizeable, I used to be amused when I noted women wearing it at work
Opium (YSL) .. relatively affordable, I haven't replaced it in a long time, invariably will someday.

And Sadie makes another wall o' text ;-) right now wearing the fading scents of acqua di Parma and TM Angel that I put on this morning

Thanks Sadie!  I'm trying to find some new and different things, so I'll have to find and try some of those.
  •  

Sarah_P

Fragrance is still something I know very little about. Most of my cis women friends don't wear any, so they're no help. I've got a peach body spray I use nearly every day for work, and I picked up a couple perfumes I liked the scent of (both between $10-15, so nothing fancy), but I haven't used them. Most of my date nights aren't that fancy....
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

ainsley

MARC JACOBS Daisy Eau So Fresh
<3
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

sarah1972

WD 40....

Have not really found one yet. Tried looking but most have been too strong for my taste

•  

Susan H

I like fireworks, by sexiest fantasies.
The only thing is, is that it wears off quickly.
  •  

Devlyn

•  

Megan.

I wear Flower by Kenzo.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Donna

Just got a great rose and vanilla body spray from Walmart. I really like it.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Pure frankense  oil.... a touch behinds the ears and your body heat activates it.... combines with your Your Own body scent
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

NC_Sarah

I love fragrance, I am self confessed fume head :-)

Penhaligons
* Sartorial
* Halfeti
* Blasted Bloom
* Lothair

Guerlain
* Shalimar
* Habit Rouge

I have an insane collection of fragrances, I have been thinking of putting a website community together for fellow fumeheads :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

"Long after one has forgotten what a woman wore, the memory of her perfume lingers."
  •  

MikeP

Quote from: Megan. on June 23, 2018, 01:52:51 AM
I wear Flower by Kenzo.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

I like the fragrance too.  I am a fan of the floral scents and have a Tea Rose that is like being in the actual green house with roses.  I wear them in 100% male presentation and often in the evening.  I love fragrances and only wish I started wearing them eairlier.   
If you say you can or cant do something you are correct! Henry Ford
  •  

MissyMay2.0

Quote from: Susan H on June 22, 2018, 06:33:55 PM
I like fireworks, by sexiest fantasies.
The only thing is, is that it wears off quickly.
If you want something that lingers, choose a Perfume (most concentrated) or Eau de Parfum.

Does anyone else think patchouli smells like dirty socks😀
  •