News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Breast plates or Breast forms

Started by Megan0000, September 19, 2018, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan0000

Before I spend money to enhance my experience can I get some feed back so I'm

not wasting my money? Size pros and cons? Full breast plate? Forms? Socks? You get the picture
  •  

DawnOday

In the words of Tammy Terrell and Marvin Gaye. "Ain't nothing like the real thing baby"   But even I had to start somewhere so I bought some breast forms. Unfortunately they ended up getting sent to my daughters house and that was part of the reason I came out.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Maid Marion

Amazon has pickup locations if mis-delivery is a concern.  They will even suggest it if your purchases suggest that you are crossdressing.  You can also archive Amazon purchases to hide them.
  •  

Megan0000

So do you think the chest plate is worth the money vs the forms? I see there is a over the shoulder models. I don't mind spending the money just not sure what will give me best representation. Kinda want to drive the car before I buy it.   
  •  

Laurie

Before I started HRT I tried various bra stuffing methods, socks, ballons filled with water or rice etc. I then gave up and ordered some cheap forms they were not much better. I did some research and was able to order more realistic silicone ones from amazon for about $70.00 and was better pleased with them. Once on HRT and when mine started to grow I stopped using them and gave them away.
  I didn't like the looks of those all in one plates things. I hope my experience helps you make a decision.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Anastasia

Quote from: Maid Marion on September 19, 2018, 07:09:49 PM
Amazon has pickup locations if mis-delivery is a concern.  They will even suggest it if your purchases suggest that you are crossdressing.  You can also archive Amazon purchases to hide them.

That's cool! I never knew that. Is it like an amazon store front, or just the fed-ex/ups/usps office that the package last passes through?
  •  

Carolina

Hi Anastasia,

Some years ago I wanted to try the "larger breast" thing (which was not major with me as I seek the inner psychological shift that clothing/jewelry brings as well as tending to be a "leg" person more than a "breast person").  But I wanted the experience without paying significant money.  And, as I am Closet, without having something difficult to hide.

And somewhere I found a reference to "make your own" with legs from pantyhose and small sized beans (or possibly rice?).  Choose a color pantyhose to match your chest color, put a cup (or whatever size you wish to create) of beans into the toe, then twist and re-wrap, repeat, stopping as you approach running out of hosiery to add a bit more in a pile to create a "nipple", continue twisting and re-wrapping and finally tying off on the back side.  Make 2 and hold in place with bra (hard for me as I am a 54" band) and double-sided tape.

Now that ISN'T a good quality silicone breast form.  But it IS cheap and simple and provides an "entry level" into the experience (which was, simply, Wow!).   Then, because of the attaching with double sided tape, it provides "weight" as you move around.

And "make your own" can almost be like a "fitting room".  It lets you try different sizes while you're experimenting with what you want to look like and once you've achieved your desired look, you know what you need to order in the silicone. 

Caroline
  •  

ErinAscending

Quote from: Anastasia on September 19, 2018, 11:24:50 PM
That's cool! I never knew that. Is it like an amazon store front, or just the fed-ex/ups/usps office that the package last passes through?

They have locker locations in many areas.  The closest one to me is in a 7-Eleven about a mile from my house.  The advantage is you don't have to worry about packages sitting on your doorstep till you get home to pick it up and take it inside.  Or (as mentioned above) you don't have to worry about it being delivered to someone else's house either.  I used Amazon Locker to get my pocket bra and breast forms...  And all the rest of my clothes when my wife was not to know.

To the OP: The plate seems to unwieldy and unnatural to me.  The breast forms (if they are decent quality) look perfectly natural and it would give you more options on what to wear.  At least that's what my thoughts are.
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. - Oscar Wilde
  •  

valerie anne

I have found that regular use of nursing breast pumps plus chicken fillets in my bra have been enough to give me a full shape and a nice cleavage.

Regular electric breast pumping has produced some nice boob volume plus really firm nipples. The fillets provide the extra uplift and some space in the bra cup to prevent my nipples being squashed.

I am a B cup with no fillets and C with them.   
  •  

FionaM

Quote from: Anastasia on September 19, 2018, 11:24:50 PM

There's a 7-11 by my (his?) office that has lockers in the parking lot. Busy street behind you, so safe, but can be discreet.  Amazon apparently has a courier bring it there and lock it in for you.   They send you a code and you punch it in. I don't think you even have to go into the store.  I haven't used it, but that is the way it is supposed to work,...
  •  

NancyBalik

For many years I filled baggies with warm water.... I first wore silicone forms on the occasion of my first m2f transformation probably 20 years ago. Those 4 hours and the conversation I had throughout the evening with Angel at The Emerald Fantasy in Seattle helped me begin to understand that I was trans (up until then I tried to tell myself it was just for a thrill). I'll never forget how wonderful it felt to wear those forms that first time. Of course now I have my own. I agree with others—get forms. IMO, the breast plates are for fetishists. Forms are for t-girls. Nancy
  •  

SeptagonScars

Since I started my detransition back to female I knew it was important for me to have something on my chest to make me feel more comfortable with my body and presentation. I had top surgery 4 years ago so my chest is very flat, and it's highly unlikely my breasts can ever grow back again, so until I can get surgery to get new breasts, I've been trying out different methods of filling out bras.

First I started with socks, then I made stuffings out of socks that I filled with pillow stuffing, then made something more breast-shaped with fabric, hard plastic and pillow stuffing. All of which left me unsatisfied due to difficulty washing them and keeping them dry cause I sweat a lot on my chest, and sometimes it rains a lot in my area. But that trial and error helped me find a size I was the most comfortable with.

So I then ventured towards breast forms, cause a friend of mine had suggested it. I found a website that sells stuff geared towards crossdressers and trans women. It had good size charts for each breast form product which helped a lot, and they were slightly cheaper than what's marketed as actual breast prosthetics but is pretty much the same thing.

I got a size 6 breast forms that were supposed to fit like a DD- or E-cup on my bra size 32 chest, but in reality they fit like a very solid 32D (or 70D in eu sizes) and I can also wear them in a 34C (75C). So they're definitely smaller than I expected, but I'm not really bothered by that. The boob/bra sizing system is mess like no other. I got the cheapest pair of breast forms available, in silicone, which was also on sale, for 107€. Prices for the other ones ranged up to 400€, but most common price was around 180€. The website is "thebreastformstore" and has both American and European domains. I ordered from the uk one to where I live in Sweden and got free shipping.

They were pretty expensive and despite the inaccurate size, I'm very pleased with them and have been wearing them every day since I got them a month or so ago.

Some noteworthy pros and cons about them though:
1.) I can't show a realistic cleavage with them
2.) expensive mastectomy bras are only kinds of bras that seem to work with them (they cost from around 30-40€ each) cause due to the forms' rather wide triangular shape they don't fit in regular bras
3.) I can't wear them while sleeping cause it might break them
4.) they're very easy to clean and comfortable to wear
5.) their weight and feel is very realistic, but look-wise they're not realistic; also the attachable nipples I got with them detach themselves way too easily, and the forms only come in one available skintone
6.) they move with my body somewhat but not as much or as freely as my former, natural boobs did; so as a comparison: quite realistic but the forms are much firmer
7.) they can be glued on with an adhesive but for my every day wear I don't think that would be a good idea for my skin.

But all in all, I'm very happy with mine and glad I got them. I'll likely keep wearing them until I can get surgery. You girls can expect to grow breasts on hrt while I don't have that option in my situation. But I do still ofc have the option of surgery just like anyone.

I've no experience with breastplates, but I can't imagine they'd be comfortable in the long run. I can feel my chest itching and sweating at just the thought of wearing one!
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

Megan0000

Thank you for your feedback. 😘😘😘
  •  

epvanbeveren

I started out with a Victoria Secret "bombshell" bra, which comes with a 2 cup sizes push-up, so no filling is required. :) ($55.00)

Of course I was limited to the clothes I was wearing, so I got the mastectomy breast prostheses with matching mastectomy bra's, which helped me somewhat. ($40.00+ for the bra's, $200.00+ each breast)

Not until I started to develop a little breast tissue I was able to do a combination of the breast prostheses and a strapless "sticky" bra, to enhance the cleavage. Currently I have 38C and no longer use my prostheses. (boobies are free, bra's are costly since I love Victoria Secret)

I have no experience with the breast plates.
I am a K. MacPhee girl, re-born on October 4 2017 in Raleigh/Durham NC. USA
I was AMAB on May 6 1963 in Dordrecht, the Netherlands.

OUT and proud - 2014
HRT - 2015
Legal - 2016
GRS - 2017

Full Time - 01/01/2015:
first day (01) of new life (01), '15 = opposite of 51 (my age at the time)

•  

Maid Marion

Boobs are squishy, so there is the concept of "sister sizing"  The same bra may well fit either a 34C or 32D.  They lie flatter in a 34C and stick out more in a 32D.

I'd suggest getting forms and a pocket bra first.  Then, if you still have to see what you look like with cleavage, then get a breast plate. Breast plates come with light foam inserts.  You may want to fill a breast plate with forms to get the weight of normal breasts. You may need the forms to get the experience you want with a breast plate, so just start off  with the forms.
  •  

Virginia

Quote from: Maid Marion on October 02, 2018, 06:59:34 AM
Boobs are squishy, so there is the concept of "sister sizing"  The same bra may well fit either a 34C or 32D.  They lie flatter in a 34C and stick out more in a 32D.

Thank you for sharing this! It is an important point that never seems to get mentioned with regard to going up/down a cup and band size. The focus always seems to be on interchangeability. I started buying 34B's because they were easier to find than 36A's. It was the average bust size 20 years ago and is still really common. I was shocked how much better they fit and looked, and chalked it up to being a head thing, that I liked feeling smaller and having a larger cup. The fact that the "sister size" bra was actually shaping my boobs by putting the same stuf into a different container that fit and looked better on me...Never Crossed My Mind!
~VA (pronounced Vee- Aye, the abbreviation for the State of Virginia where I live)
  •  

SeptagonScars

Quote from: Maid Marion on October 02, 2018, 06:59:34 AM

I've never heard of the concept of "sister sizing" before but I always try to go as tight as I comfortably can with the chest strap. However, a 32 is a little too tight on me and a 34 doesn't stay in place. I've noticed that one slips up on my chest, cause I have no breast tissue there to stop the bra in place, the shoulder straps slip off and I end up with chin-boobs... So, I squeeze myself into a 32 then. According to my measurements I'm "supposed" to wear a 36... but not in acuality, apparently. But yes, the same size boobs do look bigger in a 32D compared to 34C, cause of sticking out more, which I also like on myself, and it is an important point you make, but not my main issue with sizing.
Mar. 2014 - top surgery

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

SeptagonScars

Mar. 2014 - top surgery

•  

alyssalove2790

I wear forms, paired with a mastectomy bra. They have pockets to insert the forms in... but they're quite expensive. 70$ a bra. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B007Q8M4EO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

There are cheaper options around I'm sure but these were my favorite.  :)

But I like how the forms can jiggle around with the bra, almost like natural ones. They don't get misplaced from movement nor do I have to worry about glue! Yuck!
2018/**/** Coming out
2019/01/15 Begun HRT! Low dose Cypro and E.
2019/03/04 Full time woman!
  •