Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

HRT & Hips

Started by Darlene, December 17, 2018, 06:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darlene

Standing in front of my mirror... ( I've been on HRT for 8 months now ) I've noticed the obvious changes. Breast growth , hair, skin.... But I noticed something new tonight....
HIPS.... my love handles seem to be larger & seem to be filling out down toward my butt.... am I imagining this?? They have never looked like that before...
  •  

Jessica

Chances are....it's not your imagination!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Lynne

I hope you don't imagine this as I'm hoping for something similar :)
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Lynne on December 18, 2018, 07:42:34 AM

If you wear loose pants they should "hang" and fit a bit differently if you acquire more fat at the hips and thighs.  You can see the difference.  You may wish to take a picture today in the same pants that you will wear maybe a month or two from now to see if they look different (hang) on you as compared to today's picture.

Note that if you put on weight and fat all over or lose weight all over, that your pants will hang or fit differently on you too!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

KathyLauren

I have noticed my hips, too.  There are curves there where they didn't used to be.  And some slight "saddle bags" on my upper thighs. 

I haven't noticed any changes on my butt, but it is harder to see what is going on back there.  I always did have a cute butt, so it doesn't matter. :D
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Lynne

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 18, 2018, 08:14:06 AM
If you wear loose pants they should "hang" and fit a bit differently if you acquire more fat at the hips and thighs.  You can see the difference.  You may wish to take a picture today in the same pants that you will wear maybe a month or two from now to see if they look different (hang) on you as compared to today's picture.

Note that if you put on weight and fat all over or lose weight all over, that your pants will hang or fit differently on you too!

Chrissy

I still want to lose some weight before starting HRT. Currently around 170 lbs(77 kg), I want to reduce that to 143 lbs(65 kg) while still keeping some muscle. I'll try to document all the changes after that.
  •  

Dani

Speaking for myself, losing weight has made a significant difference in my waist to hip ratio. A smaller waist has made my hips look larger, even though the measured diameter of my hips has not changed much.

What has changed is the fat below my waist, which is due mainly to my Estradiol. My thighs are much more thicker and this has extended up to the gluteus maximus as well. With a well balanced diet and exercise that focuses on muscle groups below the waist, I have a reasonable figure without excess weight.
  •  

Allison S

I'm almost 15 months on hrt and I think the curvature is becoming more defined.  I sort of pinch my sides a bit (where I could have lipo someday?) and it shows a slimmer waist that I really would like to have.  I haven't really been trying to lose weight because I'm always hungry :(
  •  

Nina

Lucky you! 10 years of estradiol and I'm still without hips.
2007/8 - name change, tracheal shave, electrolysis, therapy
2008 - full time
2014 - GCS Dr. Brassard; remarried
2018 (January)  - hubby and I moved off-grid
2019 - plan originally was to hike PCT in 2020, but now attempting Appalachian Trail - start date April 3.
  •  

jackiefox5585

Quote from: Nina on December 21, 2018, 01:22:59 PM
Lucky you! 10 years of estradiol and I'm still without hips.

sorry to hear that. that is a fear of mine
  •  

Andie1963

Quote from: Lynne on December 18, 2018, 07:42:34 AM

Oh and so am I. This post really is so exciting to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Hip hip hooray  :)

C -
  •  

Andie1963

Two days on my hrt and I am totally excited!

•  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Andie1963 on March 14, 2019, 05:21:36 PM
Two days on my hrt and I am totally excited!

tighten your seat belt, lift off, lift off...
  •  

Andie1963

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on March 14, 2019, 06:00:11 PM
tighten your seat belt, lift off, lift off...

Thank you so much and I'm only looking for who I truly know that I am. Bless you

•  

Margrit

I have noticed my hips, too.
It is not much jet buuuut it is defiantly more than it was before  :D and I still hoping moooooor  ;D
  •  

Tabitha.1

Congratulations! I know how good it feels to actually witness a milestone in ones transition as important as hip development!!! I did not experience this until long after starting HRT, but will always remember the exact moment I noticed my new hips! 😃
  •  

Margrit

Quote from: Tabitha.1 on April 09, 2019, 12:07:54 PM
... it feels to actually witness a milestone...

Your right, how very true!  :)
  •  

LaRae

My hips have just begun to fill out, my bit of 'love handles' is beginning to drift south.
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour and it can never be used to hurt you."
  •  

Rachel_Christina

You can get pure random results from HRT.
I had no breast growth worth talking about, but had great results in my lower half, hips having been so good to me.
Alot of patience is necessary mind

•