Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Going back to work after electrolysis

Started by Emma1017, January 28, 2019, 10:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colleen_definitely

Eeek.  Sadly it's the price to pay if you're going to take care of this quickly.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Emma1017

Wow Cindy and Colleen...Wow.

Now I know I will have to block out days each time (up to 4 times it seems).

How much time did you wait until the next session?
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

Quote from: Emma1017 on January 29, 2019, 10:51:09 AM
Wow Cindy and Colleen...Wow.

Now I know I will have to block out days each time (up to 4 times it seems).

How much time did you wait until the next session?
For face she recommends 90 days.  That's to make sure the full regrowth cycle comes out.

In the face there are follicles under follicles under follicles.

That's what I read and was told.  Seems to be true. 

Don't be surprised if your black hairs start to come back from previous laser treatments.  Mine did.  A friend of mine had hers come back after 8 years of no growth. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •  

Emma1017

If I do just an hour spreading it around my face, how distorted will my face be and for how long?

I am desperately trying to stay stealth for another 8 months but, based on what you all are telling me, I should have started electrolysis years ago...:((
  •  

sarahc

Quote from: Emma1017 on January 29, 2019, 11:05:12 AM
If I do just an hour spreading it around my face, how distorted will my face be and for how long?

I am desperately trying to stay stealth for another 8 months but, based on what you all are telling me, I should have started electrolysis years ago...:((

At least for me (and YMMV), people don't notice my electrolysis after a one-hour, spread-it-out session - I have yet to do a two-hour session. Just make sure that you do NOT shave for 12 hours after your electrolysis session, because the beard growth will hide much of the redness. (I assume you're still presenting male...)
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •  

Colleen_definitely

For SRS prep I think it was six or eight weeks between sessions.  The swelling after the first session was about as intense as in Cindy's photo, just not on the face.  It wasn't super fun.

A one hour session is not going to cause swelling anything like in Cindy's photo.  That photo was the result of nine hours of work and removing every single hair they could find.   A single hour spread out all over will leave you a little irritated and possibly a bit puffy in small areas but not much more than that.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Emma1017

Hey Sara, I am still presenting as male and expect to for at least a year because of my job and my marriage.

Thanks Colleen, it looks like I will start with a one hour session and have the operator spread the treatment around my face to start.

Now I have to find someone local.

Thank you all for your thoughts.  I take confidence from your strength.  This won't fun but we're not wimps are we?

Emma 
  •  

Wendi

I had electrolysis for an hour at a time and for me it was unnoticeable.
Started HRT 1/3/2019

•  

Emma1017

•  

Linde

All this hair removal sounds horrible!  Would you have done it, if you would have a very slow beard growth (I need to shave once or twice a week) of almost invisible hairs?
Would this be worth the agony and the cost?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Quinn

I have been doing thermolysis every Wednesday Friday and Saturday for an hour each for 15 months, have not had to shave for the last 2 months but there is still hair coming up from beneath. I also started with 5 laser sessions which left hair trapped under the skin which can take years to come thru from what I hear.
Facial hair removal takes a long time to be complete, so start asap whichever way you decide to go.
I did not go with full clearings in a day method because I heard it can leave scars and pits on your face from so much trauma all at once.

•  

Jaime320

Colleen summed it up nicely and provided a link to a good thread.

Just finished 1.5hr session about 1 hr ago. Irritated in spots but go figure.
  •  

Anne Blake

Please keep in mind that this is a long term process. My first electrologist suggested 200 hrs to 400 hrs to complete full total cleaning of the face. She also said that there would be periodic clean up sessions to get stragglers a couple of times a year ongoing.

I have been using E3000 in Texas for a couple of years now, 17 full clearing sessions for a total of ~120 hours on my face (another 45 down below). The end is in sight but I am not sure how far off. My 120 hours is far short of the 200 to 400 hours by "normal" methods but my technician can work much faster when my face is numb and I am not wincing and jumping constantly. The numbing injections are quite painful but far better than the alternative (for me, others feel differently).

This process will take you years, no matter what process you use.
  •  

Emma1017

You know you're transgender if you are willing to pay for that pain.  We're a tough lot!
  •  

jill610

From your photo, you look like a good candidate for laser, you might want to consider doing that.

To your question, it all depends on you and the type and intensity of the electrolysis. In my case I have extremely sensitive skin and it wasn't until after 8 laser sessions that I would make any social plans the same day. My face looked like a grapefruit and was massively swollen despite copious amounts of anti-inflammatories. Same with electrolysis, it was quite obvious.

My current electrolygist is OLD school and uses thermolysis and I have had the most luck with that both in terms of outcome as well as irritation to the skin. If you must do it during work hours, my suggestion would to be to make sure they do not focus on a single area and treat with hydrocortisone cream, ice packs and ibuprofen or Tylenol afterwards.

•  

Jaime320

@jill610

Doing laser as well. I have a lot of grey/white/red i'm Having electro tackle.
  •  

Emma1017

Until I find a safe electrolysis shop I will focus on laser to at least eliminate the black beard I still have (while I still have them). 

I met with my endocrinologist yesterday and she told me that they do the electrolysis for GCS.  Now that I am not looking forward to.  The surgery is less frightening!
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Emma1017 on January 30, 2019, 05:23:23 PM
that they do the electrolysis for GCS.  Now that I am not looking forward to.  The surgery is less frightening!
Now that are some true words.  Fumbling around down there with hot needles seems as if lucifer himself developed this kind of torture for hell!  It almost maks SRS not to b very desirable!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

GingerVicki

Quote from: CindyLouFromCO on January 29, 2019, 10:08:03 AM
This was me before having it done in Chicago in early 2017.  This was my second clearing.

And here is a close up of my face a few days after having a full second clearing.

Oh dear! How many hours did you do. You must be a really tough gal.
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

Quote from: GingerVicki on January 30, 2019, 08:27:23 PM
Oh dear! How many hours did you do. You must be a really tough gal.
That was my second session with two techs for nine hours strait.

Only the shots are painful.  But they are very painful!

Ya know what they say.  "With beauty comes pain."  [emoji1409][emoji31]

I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •