News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Going back to work after electrolysis

Started by Emma1017, January 28, 2019, 10:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GingerVicki

Quote from: CindyLouFromCO on January 30, 2019, 08:32:20 PM
That was my second session with two techs for nine hours strait.

Only the shots are painful.  But they are very painful!

Ya know what they say.  "With beauty comes pain."  [emoji1409][emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a good example of the pains we trans people go through. i kinda want one long session myself. if possible that is.
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

Quote from: GingerVicki on January 30, 2019, 08:36:06 PM
This is a good example of the pains we trans people go through. i kinda want one long session myself. if possible that is.
It's worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •  

Emma1017

I would love a one day session but I am still stealth, even to my wife.  Based on what you all have shared, I am saving electrolysis for when/if I commit to transitioning and I will then deal with the multi-year process.

I'll do as much laser as I can over the next 4 months before the summer.  My skin darkens quickly even with SPF 30.  The laser tech told me that once you tan, even a little, the use of a laser that can permanently damage your skin.

Its funny but the emotional toll and pain that I am dealing with makes the thought of electrolysis seem much more bearable.

Hugs,

Emma

•  

Linde

Quote from: GingerVicki on January 30, 2019, 08:36:06 PM
Good that I am intersex, and not really trans.  Because I am scared to death to have that stuff done to my poor body!
Real trans girls seem to be tougher than me intersex wimp!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Ricki Wright

Quote from: Emma1017 on January 31, 2019, 07:59:52 AM
I would love a one day session but I am still stealth, even to my wife.  Based on what you all have shared, I am saving electrolysis for when/if I commit to transitioning and I will then deal with the multi-year process.

I'll do as much laser as I can over the next 4 months before the summer.  My skin darkens quickly even with SPF 30.  The laser tech told me that once you tan, even a little, the use of a laser that can permanently damage your skin.

Its funny but the emotional toll and pain that I am dealing with makes the thought of electrolysis seem much more bearable.

Hugs,

Emma

The little zaps are sending dual messages to my brain. One side is saying "you know this is gonna sting when we get to the lip and neck right?" The other side is saying "Small price to pay for peace of mind." That said, I have only done a two hour session once. ONCE! I stick to 60 or 90 minutes these days two to three times a month. It is really weird when the zaps trigger the nerves in my legs. It causes one or both to react as if hit with a reflex hammer.

One thing I would like to bring up with everyone is aquaphor healing ointment. After electro this stuff is amazing. As an added bonus it also works to take some of the itch and bumblebees out of the chest area once Tanner stage 2 hits. I am not sure how well it works before that as I did not have the opportunity to try it earlier.

I had electro yesterday and my cheeks are still a little rough looking today. If obvious signs are a concern, I would suggest needing to go back to work for at least a full day and depending on how your skin reacts maybe two.

Ricki
At 5 I forgot who I am. Fortunately, who I am protected me all these years until I remembered. Whatever else happens, I will live the rest of my life whole.
My story: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244130.0.html
HRT 07Nov18
  •  

Linde

I don't know if I have an impairment with my pain sensory system, but neither laser, nor electrolysis around my lips did hurt much.  I did nor need have any numbing agent or anything applied prior to them trying to kill me.  It did not feel like the nicest treatment in the world, but it did not really bother me either!

But the same with my orchi, I did take three ain pills the first day only, and after that only at night to ensure a good rest.

I always was of the opinion to be a wimp when it comes to pain, but I cannot remember to ever have had real bad pain.  I had several surgeries, but I always though they were not very painfull either.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

AnonyMs

If you have serious swelling Prednisone will make it go away very rapidly. I'd see a doctor before taking it, which you'll need to anyway as its a prescription drug.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prednisone
  •  

Emma1017

Thanks AnonyMS.  I will keep that on my tool box list.
  •  

LexiDreamer

My first facial clearing took 8 hours the first day, 4 hours the day after and 2 more hours the day after that. It was all done with thermolysis and I used no pain relief other than good ol' fashion MaryJane.

What many electrologists fail to tell you is to not drink any alcohol or caffeine at least 4 days before. It makes a HUGE difference in how much pain you feel.

My face did swell up like a balloon though. Make sure to drink plenty of water and take in as much magnesium as possible to help your face clear up as soon as possible.

I've got about 30 hours in and no more money to pay for more. :(
I'm battling with my insurance to pay for it.
*** Any suggestions I make should never be used as a substitute for licensed medical advice ***
*** All of my personal pharmaceutical experiences I share, have been explicitly supervised by a licenced medical professional ***
  •