Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Possibly the most important legal case of the century so far

Started by Alice (nym), May 04, 2019, 09:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice (nym)

The outcome of this case will not only be a positive for how trans people are reported in the media but will also benefit every minority that is attacked in the press.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patrickstrudwick/times-sued-transphobic-bullying-former-editor

Patrick Strudwick
BuzzFeed UK LGBT Editor
Don't hate the hate... Start spreading the love.
  •  

Alice V

Good luck, Kathy.

My scepticism tells me that there might be different side of the story where she isn't such a good employee as she describe and facts might be exaggerated, but, actually, it'll help TG-community anyway, so I just wish her victory
"Don't try and blame me for your sins,
For the sun has burn me black.
Your hollow lives, this world in which we live -
I hurl it back."©Bruce Dickinson

My place
  •  

Alice (nym)

I was just thinking about this headline... do you think they purposely wrote it like that?  Why not just say, 'A Former Editor At the Times...'  Why the need to put 'Transformer'?  A bit ironic an article about transphobia in the media with a potential transphobic headline. I hope it was unintentional.
  •  

Alice (nym)

Never mind... they already corrected the headline... someone must've told them.
  •  

emma-f

It could be very important although I strongly suspect that the tribunal will sidestep the issue over whether working a paper that prints trans hostile pieces is itself a breach.

I'm also keeping an eye on this one:

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/05/women-are-being-silenced-from-speaking-about-transgender-rights/

No surprise that James Kirkup is writing about this and even fundraising (he and Brendon O'Neill appear both to be obsessed with trans people)

Some interesting times, what with the Caroline Farrow and Mumsnet litigation among others

Em x
  •