Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Have you bought or acquired a handbag / purse, or a tote recently?

Started by ChrissyRyan, January 14, 2024, 06:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Have you bought or acquired a handbag / purse, or a tote recently?

If so, what style, color, and material?

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I received one for Christmas but I have avoided the temptations to look at any others.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Paulie

I picked one up about 6 months ago or so.  Smaller medium sized satchel style with a shoulder strap.  Never had the opportunity to use it till last week since I present primarily male.  Last week I was sent out of town for work.  Since I was checking my bags, I needed something a little more than my pockets to carry my travel paper plus a paperback and tablet.

I liked carrying a purse.  It felt good.  Affirming.  It came in pretty handy too. 

Paulie
  •  

Iztaccihuatl

Last week I couldn't resist the temptations of their sale anymore and got myself a Kate Spade medium sized black shoulder bag at a really good price. I used it last Saturday when I attended my monthly social / support group meeting.

Hugs,

Heidemarie
  •  

Moonflower

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 14, 2024, 06:01:49 PMHave you bought or acquired a handbag / purse, or a tote recently?

If so, what style, color, and material?

...and what's in it?

I'm thinking of a friend who carries a change of clothes and a sewing kit.
One of my kids carries a huge collection of cosmetics.
I carry my wallet, keys, cell phone, a few pills, tissues (for my nose and toilet paper emergencies), N95 masks, sunglasses, pens, salve, hair ties, sometimes a snack.
My sweetheart carries a thick math textbook, notebooks, pens, large corded headphones, wallet, keys, and many odds and ends.

My sweetheart bought my latest purse for me 4 years ago. It's rugged heavy leather, well-crafted by an artisan.

My daughters bought me my previous one, nearly 10 years ago. It was from a Coach factory outlet clearance sale, black leather (when my main clothing color was black), with a flap and lots of pockets, big enough to hold my Planner.
:icon_wave:
1999 we met and married :icon_archery:
Fall 2018 The woman hiding behind my husband's facade is coming out full time! :icon_female:
She began MTF HRT but had adverse reactions, so gave up on transitioning medically.
Summer 2022 I went through gender confirmation surgery as a result of cancer.
2024 her cardiologist and a therapist wrote letters approving of resuming HRT, she's legally changing her name, and now she's getting on the calendar for surgery!

Welcome, to Significant Others
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247396.0.html

Our transitioning blog, "Opening The Cage"
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,241591.0.html
  •  

Iztaccihuatl

Quote from: Moonflower on January 18, 2024, 05:08:45 AM...and what's in it?

Just the essentials: wallet, car & house keys, iPhone, reading glasses, pen, tissues, pocket mirror, lipstick, hairbrush.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Have you ever bought or got an unusual or extraordinary handbag?  Perhaps it is the style or material or colors etc., that made it unusual or extraordinary.

Chrissy
  •