News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What makes for the best bras?

Started by ChrissyRyan, January 16, 2024, 09:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

What makes for the best bras?

There are lots of attributes of bras.  My most important one is comfort.

What do you look for when you buy a bra?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Paulie

I'm going to have to say fit.  A bra has to be comfortable but it needs to do its job too.

A bra that fits right will be comfortable and support too.

It has to be pretty too, some lace and maybe a little bow between the cups. 

Paulie.
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Comfort and fit. It if doesn't fit, it won't be comfortable. If it isn't comfortable, you won't want to wear it.

I prefer front-closing, lightly padded bras. On long drives, the back-buckle bras can become quite uncomfortable when the buckle puts pressure in the middle of your back. You also don't have to do the 'twist' to wear a front-closing bra.

Initially, I loved wearing a bra. They are one of the most affirming pieces of clothing I have. after a few summers, I realized how hot and uncomfortable they are. Now I rarely wear one.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

TXSara

Quote from: crm36 on January 16, 2024, 06:15:36 PMI am so happy today!! I am wearing a 34C bra and I never thought I would get to a c cup at all.

Fantastic!  I wear a 34D nowadays, but I had a little... err... "help".  ;D

Without said "help", I probably would be a small B cup still!

~Sara
My Latest Blog Thread:  Sara's Wild Ride (Part II)

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: TXSara on January 17, 2024, 06:05:05 AMFantastic!  I wear a 34D nowadays, but I had a little... err... "help".  ;D

Without said "help", I probably would be a small B cup still!

~Sara

Wow!  A D cup!  Does that make your back hurt Sara?  I developed to a B cup but I think they may not grow any larger. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Paulie on January 16, 2024, 11:08:40 PMI'm going to have to say fit.  A bra has to be comfortable but it needs to do its job too.

A bra that fits right will be comfortable and support too.

It has to be pretty too, some lace and maybe a little bow between the cups. 

Paulie.

Well you are right of course Paulie.  When I said comfortable I also assumed a good fit.  A good fit is essential.

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on January 17, 2024, 05:14:50 AMComfort and fit. It if doesn't fit, it won't be comfortable. If it isn't comfortable, you won't want to wear it.

I prefer front-closing, lightly padded bras. On long drives, the back-buckle bras can become quite uncomfortable when the buckle puts pressure in the middle of your back. You also don't have to do the 'twist' to wear a front-closing bra.

Initially, I loved wearing a bra. They are one of the most affirming pieces of clothing I have. after a few summers, I realized how hot and uncomfortable they are. Now I rarely wear one.

I have not tried a front closing bra.  Maybe I should.

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I used to wear them all day and even at home after wearing them all day.
Now I just let my "girls" be there at home unless I plan on going out about town or if I  know that I will have guests.  Modesty is always in order for me but I do tend to wear two layers of clothing, less if it is hot of course.  Also, nipples can be provocative, especially if they are cold, if you know what I mean.

Hugs,

Chrissy
  •  

Oldandcreaky

QuoteI realized how hot and uncomfortable they are. Now I rarely wear one.

Amen, sister. I might wear one seven times a year. The ones I own do flatten my chest nicely, which give me a trim, athletic look, so I'll don one here and there, but most days, I'm choosing comfort, which means no bra. I live in hoodies half the year with a t-shirt and they give me all the coverage I need.
  •  

D'Amalie

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on January 17, 2024, 05:14:50 AMComfort and fit. It if doesn't fit, it won't be comfortable. If it isn't comfortable, you won't want to wear it.

Well said!  Front close are the best!  Comfort rules the choice certainly.  Yet I still can't resist a bit of lace, a bow or a little jewel.  Light padding is good especially to hide nips.  I'll not sleep with one, but it's likely the second thing donned in the morning.  The first item being clean panties, matching to the bra fabric and color where possible.

Glamorise has a good selection especially in usable band sizes, but then they don't do panties, as does Wacoal where matching undies are almost always found.  I've tried Third Love off and on, hoping they get the fit figured out, but they never do. the left strap is frequently falling off my shoulder.  I've not reached the part where they are uncomfortable or even too hot for that matter, even though we reach triple digits (Fahrenheit) many many days in season.  I think sizing plays a good part in that, no?  Of course I wouldn't wear a push-up in the heat and sports bras are never comfortable or fit well.  I'll often use Honey Cloudz as nip shields particularly with thin and lacy unless intimacy and romance is on my mind.  Look out, darlin'!

My boobs are very very affirming and thus the bra is part of that.  Maybe in 10-15 years I won't care so much?  Right now either the the girls or my brain are happier with said garments.
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

D'Amalie

Agreed!  I'm so very tickled for you!  C cup is the holy grail, was the grail cause' I'm there too.
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

Susan

I tried to merge this with another post, and it got mixed up a bit, I apologize for any inconvenience.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Oldandcreaky on January 17, 2024, 07:40:21 AMAmen, sister. I might wear one seven times a year. The ones I own do flatten my chest nicely, which give me a trim, athletic look, so I'll don one here and there, but most days, I'm choosing comfort, which means no bra. I live in hoodies half the year with a t-shirt and they give me all the coverage I need.

I would never think of trying to recall the number of times each year I wear mine O&C!
But I get your meaning.

By the way, I am so glad you are here.  You leave such good comments.  I enjoy reading them.

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: D'Amalie on January 17, 2024, 04:15:14 PMAgreed!  I'm so very tickled for you!  C cup is the holy grail, was the grail cause' I'm there too.

Sometimes I yearn for C cups but then I realize that I should grateful for my Bs.
C cups may be the best size, I am unsure, but I am pleased that my breasts are there now for me.  There is satisfaction in filling up my bras and the bras provide some nice shaping.

Hugs,

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I have tried bralettes, having no clasps, and one I really like wearing.

Chrissy
  •  

D'Amalie

Bralettes are like halter tops.  Can't abide them. 
Full coverage are the most confirming, and likely the most comfortable to me.  T-shirt bras are comfy and practical, yet usually so plain.  Camisole over bra is a very good solution for me.
  •  

Paulie

I wore a camisole over my bras when I was trying to hid my bras.  I still do once in a while, maybe a dozen times a year.  I probably wear a bra 360 days out of the year.  From when I first get dressed till bed time, most days.  Maybe when I've developed more breast size, I'll be inclined to wear bras a little less. 

Paulie
  •  

Gina P

I have always been amazed at the size differences between bra manufactures. Most I'm a C cup but some a B all with the same band.
I usually wear a pushup to show off the girls. Sometimes if doing hard work I will opt for a long line as it gives me some back support. Once I ordered a bullet bra just to see how I would look in it. Very pointy. I would never wear it out but very unique.
Gina
  •  

Jessica_Rose

A 'bullet bra' sounds like it could be used for self defense. But like most derringers, it only holds two rounds.

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on January 20, 2024, 08:14:05 AMA 'bullet bra' sounds like it could be used for self defense. But like most derringers, it only holds two rounds.

LOL.

Chrissy

•