Susan's Place Logo
Main Menu

The world according to Sarah

Started by Stottie Girl, March 31, 2026, 02:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gina P and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Stottie Girl

Well I'm back, they tried 5 times to get blood before they managed to extract it, I'm always a human pin cushion when I have to give blood. They've put me on blood thinners as a precaution pending the actual blood clot scan tomorrow. The doc brought in the consultant doc too and both say it doesn't look like a clot but it's worth checking out anyway so I'm referred to the hospital tomorrow lunchtime for the scan. I guess I will find out for sure then.

I do not talk about it on here as I don't condone it but I have been DIY HRT for many years. My docs do not know about this. I have finally had to come clean today as being on HRT can affect the test results. It is because I divulged I was on HRT that my risk factor increased meaning I have to have the test.

Up until this afternoon I had only told my mother I was trans. Now I have told two doctors and it is now officially on my records that I have been taking E off the books. I was planning to do this in the next 3 months when I can get an official appointment with a private gender speciallist but now my hand was forced a little bit. I will have to have "the talk" with my GP when I go for the results. I have to say the two docs were absolutely awesome about it. It's actually a big relief it's in the open now.
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Lori Dee ✅

It is always good to be open and honest with your medical team.

As you said, it can skew the test results, and you don't want them to assume something that isn't happening. Likewise, when they are looking at possible treatment options, they will try to find something that works with what you are doing and not something that is contraindicated.

They have probably seen it all, so there is no reason not to tell them. Medical records are private, so no one else needs to know until you are ready.

Hopefully, the scan shows it was something simple like standing for too long and not anything more serious.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗

tgirlamg

Quote from: Stottie Girl on July 23, 2026, 11:06:00 AMWell I'm back, they tried 5 times to get blood before they managed to extract it, I'm always a human pin cushion when I have to give blood. They've put me on blood thinners as a precaution pending the actual blood clot scan tomorrow. The doc brought in the consultant doc too and both say it doesn't look like a clot but it's worth checking out anyway so I'm referred to the hospital tomorrow lunchtime for the scan. I guess I will find out for sure then.

I do not talk about it on here as I don't condone it but I have been DIY HRT for many years. My docs do not know about this. I have finally had to come clean today as being on HRT can affect the test results. It is because I divulged I was on HRT that my risk factor increased meaning I have to have the test.

Up until this afternoon I had only told my mother I was trans. Now I have told two doctors and it is now officially on my records that I have been taking E off the books. I was planning to do this in the next 3 months when I can get an official appointment with a private gender speciallist but now my hand was forced a little bit. I will have to have "the talk" with my GP when I go for the results. I have to say the two docs were absolutely awesome about it. It's actually a big relief it's in the open now.

Sarah!

Maybe sometimes it is easier when fate gives us a nudge!

Let that cat outta the bag girl!... kitties like to run around and be free! 💕😺💕

Hugs and Love!

A 💕
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻

Stottie Girl

Quote from: tgirlamg on July 23, 2026, 11:16:42 AMSarah!

Maybe sometimes it is easier when fate gives us a nudge!

Let that cat outta the bag girl!... kitties like to run around and be free! 💕😺💕

Hugs and Love!

A 💕
It does make me wonder about fate, the pain seems to be fading away a bit now! If I wake up in the morning with normal legs I'll definitely think someone up there has put a word in for me ha ha!
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Stottie Girl

Thanks Lori. I really didn't want to divulge it in that way but I'm also not stupid. I knew they needed to know so it is what it is. I hope my GP will be as cool.

They asked me if I wanted to be called miss or mrs or addressed by another name. I said no as I was so embarrassed I don't think there is much point until I actually make the change. It could lead to awkward situations when they call for Sarah and male me gets up in the waiting room ha ha It is nice to know it is an option. I'm kind of buzzing about it actually.
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

davina61

Thats twice you crashed my post!!!! The universe is giving you the opportunity to do what you have been putting off, this hot weather is not helping with fluid retension.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Stottie Girl

Quote from: davina61 on July 23, 2026, 11:27:03 AMThats twice you crashed my post!!!! The universe is giving you the opportunity to do what you have been putting off, this hot weather is not helping with fluid retension.
My mum keeps telling me I have a guardian angel called Claude who always seems to make sure I'm alright. I'll win £100 on the lottery then an unexpected bill comes in for exactly that amount. At the house, I discover that I can remove the wallpaper off the ceilings and the ceilings are mint saving me thousands by not needing a plasterer then immediately I discover I will need to spend money on a builder to sort the chimney out. This stuff happens all the time. I was starting to dither about telling my GP and now I get a blood clot scare that forces my hand ha ha Maybe my mum is right lol!
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Northern Star Girl ✅

#1027
@Stottie Girl
Dear Sarah;
Please keep me and the rest of your avid readers and followers updated regarding your blood clot testing. 
Along with others I am keeping you in my prayers and positive thoughts.

The DYI HRT discussions which are now VERY carefully allowed here on the Forum were not allowed prior to the end of 2023 because of health risk possibilities and concerns for our members. 

I am so glad that you sought immediate medical care.
      💜
HUGS, Danielle [Northern Star Girl]
    Forum Administrator

Quote from: Stottie Girl on July 23, 2026, 11:06:00 AMWell I'm back, they tried 5 times to get blood before they managed to extract it, I'm always a human pin cushion when I have to give blood. They've put me on blood thinners as a precaution pending the actual blood clot scan tomorrow. The doc brought in the consultant doc too and both say it doesn't look like a clot but it's worth checking out anyway so I'm referred to the hospital tomorrow lunchtime for the scan. I guess I will find out for sure then.

I do not talk about it on here as I don't condone it but I have been DIY HRT for many years. My docs do not know about this. I have finally had to come clean today as being on HRT can affect the test results. It is because I divulged I was on HRT that my risk factor increased meaning I have to have the test.

Up until this afternoon I had only told my mother I was trans. Now I have told two doctors and it is now officially on my records that I have been taking E off the books. I was planning to do this in the next 3 months when I can get an official appointment with a private gender speciallist but now my hand was forced a little bit. I will have to have "the talk" with my GP when I go for the results. I have to say the two docs were absolutely awesome about it. It's actually a big relief it's in the open now.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !
http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions 
         Donating !   https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗

❤️❤️❤️  Check out my Personal Blog Threads  ❤️❤️❤️
          Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
           Started: January 02, 2024

                    A New Chapter: Alaskan Danielle's Chronicles 
                      Started: December 30, 2018

          I am the Hunted Prey: Danielle's Chronicles
            Started: April 08, 2018

                    Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
                      Started: March 09, 2018


I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 46 years old

        Email:  --->  alaskandanielle@
                             yahoo.com

tammy753

I am glad you are ok, my hand got forced too but mine was the RTO mandate at my office so I understand. It was the best thing that could have happened but ->-bleeped-<- them for doing it, LOL

Let us know how the tests come out.
For my new blog go to
https://www.socketseekers.com 🔗

Charlotte Kitty ✅

I hope it turns out to not be a clot. It could be edema...my ex got that in his legs a lot and never found to be clots. But definitely good they're looking into it.

Honestly I don't think doctors really care much about DIY HRT. Mine were totally disinterested and didn't even advise me to stop. So I doubt you'll have any issues.

Sending hugs 🩷
Fully fem aligned, feminine presenting male. He/him/they. HRT since April 25

🔗 [Link: tickerfactory.com]

Stottie Girl

#1030
Quote from: Northern Star Girl on July 23, 2026, 12:24:04 PM@Stottie Girl
Dear Sarah;
Please keep me and the rest of your avid readers and followers updated regarding your blood clot testing. 
Along with others I am keeping you in my prayers and positive thoughts.

The DYI HRT discussions which are now VERY carefully allowed here on the Forum were not allowed prior to the end of 2023 because of health risk possibilities and concerns for our members. 

I am so glad that you sought immediate medical care.
      💜
HUGS, Danielle [Northern Star Girl]
    Forum Administrator

Yes, I remember it was very much a taboo subject from back when I was just an observer. I don't like to discuss it as I do not think others should follow my example. It is NOT a wise idea, I already had a plan to get off it and onto properly supervised care. This has simply meant my schedule has been brought forward a little bit.

The situation in the UK is maybe a little different than in the US. Here it might be free but the waiting lists are 6-8 years long just to get an initial consultation! There is not a lot of information out there about the private route. I had to use google gemini to get a list of contacts so I could devise my plan. There will be a lot of women in the UK doing the same as me because of it.

Once I get onto the private and shared care agreements maybe I'll put a post on explaining what I did, I suppose it might be useful information for someone in my position.

Unless you think that wouldn't be wise Danielle? I know this was massively frowned upon back in the day.
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Northern Star Girl ✅

@Stottie Girl
Dear Sarah:
Sharing your method of finding private care for your medical needs that can not wait in lieu of NHS and the long wait times would certainly be of interest to our members.
Danielle [Northern  Star Girl]
  Forum Administrator
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !
http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions 
         Donating !   https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗

❤️❤️❤️  Check out my Personal Blog Threads  ❤️❤️❤️
          Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
           Started: January 02, 2024

                    A New Chapter: Alaskan Danielle's Chronicles 
                      Started: December 30, 2018

          I am the Hunted Prey: Danielle's Chronicles
            Started: April 08, 2018

                    Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
                      Started: March 09, 2018


I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 46 years old

        Email:  --->  alaskandanielle@
                             yahoo.com

Petunia

I hope things clear up Sarah.
It's good you are out in the open in terms of your HRT.

Hopefully your gp gets on board and it all becomes official.

I understand why people go down the diy route. If you are unable to get help via the medical establishment then there is little choice if it is something you have to do.

It's easy to see you are sensible and you've obviously researched what you are doing
And then one day you stop to find,
10 years have got behind you,
no one told you when to run,
you missed the starting gun

davina61

I managed to get a shared HRT from my doc with help from Gender GP Dr Weatherby who does HRT now to help folks on waiting lists. I found them very helpful.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  • skype:davina61?call
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee, Petunia

Stottie Girl

Quote from: davina61 on July 24, 2026, 01:51:10 AMI managed to get a shared HRT from my doc with help from Gender GP Dr Weatherby who does HRT now to help folks on waiting lists. I found them very helpful.
I'm looking at a private group called The Northern Gender Network. They are all very respected NHS professionals who do private work. Most importantly for me, their referrals are recognised by Tina Rashid who I hope to have my GRS with if I ever get the funds or the NHS actually comes good for me.

The plan is to get diagnosis from the private group thereby bypassing the 6.5 year wait, get assigned to an endocrinologyst from them to handle prescriptions and monitoring, then get a letter from that endo to my local GP to enter a shared care agreement so i can get NHS prescriptions, blood tests and GnRH anti androgen injections (hopefully) cheaply through the NHS. It could save me hundreds maybe thousands per year which I can divert to things like electrolysis, orchie and hairline transplant.

I have picked out places for all these steps. I was just waiting to move into my home so I have the privacy for the hour long initial video link assesment. I cannot do that at my parents house as it is far from private. My legs had another idea it seems! They do look much improved this morning. I think I might not have needed to go along yesterday but I'll get checked out anyway as there is clearly something happening. I do feel a sense of relief after disclosure to be honest.

A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

tammy753

Quote from: Stottie Girl on July 24, 2026, 02:28:19 AMI'm looking at a private group called The Northern Gender Network. They are all very respected NHS professionals who do private work. Most importantly for me, their referrals are recognised by Tina Rashid who I hope to have my GRS with if I ever get the funds or the NHS actually comes good for me.

The plan is to get diagnosis from the private group thereby bypassing the 6.5 year wait, get assigned to an endocrinologyst from them to handle prescriptions and monitoring, then get a letter from that endo to my local GP to enter a shared care agreement so i can get NHS prescriptions, blood tests and GnRH anti androgen injections (hopefully) cheaply through the NHS. It could save me hundreds maybe thousands per year which I can divert to things like electrolysis, orchie and hairline transplant.

I have picked out places for all these steps. I was just waiting to move into my home so I have the privacy for the hour long initial video link assesment. I cannot do that at my parents house as it is far from private. My legs had another idea it seems! They do look much improved this morning. I think I might not have needed to go along yesterday but I'll get checked out anyway as there is clearly something happening. I do feel a sense of relief after disclosure to be honest.



We're glad you chose to go! With HRT you don't want to take a chance and it be a DVT that would be very bad.

Glad you found a private network path for your HRT. The new meds I am on make me feel so much better than the stuff I bought online. In the US we have an informed consent option that is much easier to do. I am only on day 8 of my new pulls but I truly feel 100% better than I have in a long time.

Keep taking care of your self and stop for breaks more often and put your feet up to keep fluid out of your legs.
For my new blog go to
https://www.socketseekers.com 🔗

Stottie Girl

#1036
@tammy753 Thanks Tammy! My GP has already been onto me saying they want to take bloods for some reason so I will likely be getting called into the surgery at some point for a chat about options.

Well I've been for my scan, I won't get the results until later, there were no gasps of horror so I hope it was ok. BUT I was collected from reception by a friendly female nurse who escorted me to the scanning room where there was a male sonographer and his female assistant. The nurse sat down on a chair opposite chatting away to me while I was getting scanned by the man, played no part in the procedure then after I left I saw her walking out of the building and off to another department. She also had different coloured scrubs on. The scan was classed as an intimate scan as it went to my groin area, I think that because I disclosed I was a transwoman at the previous appointment yesterday she was there as my chaperone as it was a male sonographer! I might be wrong as nothing was said but I've looked into it and it does seem to be a policy in the NHS. Was a first for me anyway, if I'm right I have to say I'm impressed with the duty of care so far! I can put my feet up now (literally!) and wait for the results.
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

tammy753

I am glad they are checking you out please keep us informed. I hope they don't find anything that requires surgery.🤞
For my new blog go to
https://www.socketseekers.com 🔗

Stottie Girl

I've just got the all clear from bloods and scan. No clots, perfectly healthy on that front woohoo!

Now it's up to my GP to work out what actually is wrong with me so I guess I will never find out ha ha!

The GP's receptionist has contacted me to ask me to come in and give bloods on the 19th August. That sounds like it's my normal GP service resuming lol! I'll bet there won't be anything. wrong with my leg by then! They have not asked me to come in for an appointment to talk to them though. I have mixed feelings about that.
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Lori Dee ✅

If it was just fluid buildup (edema), they may put you on Spironolactone, as it is a diuretic with the side effect of lowering T-levels slightly.

Maybe Claude is still looking out for you!

Good news.
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗