Susan's Place Logo
Main Menu

The world according to Sarah

Started by Stottie Girl, March 31, 2026, 02:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Stottie Girl

@Northern Star Girl Thanks Danielle, I've been designing, organising or actively working on other peoples renovation projects  most of my working life so I knew what to expect but when it's your own place, it's different. I think it's probably going to have to be a back to plaster and boards job in nearly every room now. C'est la vie. A lot of work. I need to compartmentalise it but it is hard when every room has holes smashed into it at the same time!

I should really take some before and after pics I suppose. I haven't got my camera out for nearly 5 weeks now. My life has just gone on hold!

I'm not well off, I have a low wage so I was faced with a choice, buy somewhere that doesn't need much work but the area won't be great or buy a wreck and do it up mostly on my own but it will be in a nice area. I opted for the latter obviously and I know it is the right choice!

Sorry, not much in this blog about trans issues lately ha ha!
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Lori Dee ✅

Quote from: Stottie Girl on July 17, 2026, 04:02:56 PMSorry, not much in this blog about trans issues lately ha ha!

Personal blogs are for you to use as you see fit. Many start out as a transition journey, then smooth into a journal of daily life or diary. There is nothing wrong with that. Post what you want to post. We will read it because we are interested. The subject matter is less important.
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗
  • skype:.?call
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Stottie Girl

Courtney G

Location is paramount, Sandra. I think you made the right move.

🔗 [Link: tickerfactory.com]

Facial feminization surgery, round 1: March, 2026
Facial feminization surgery, round 2: September, 2026
  • skype:Courtney G?call
  •  

Stottie Girl

#983
Well magically the horrible woodchip wallpapered ceiling came off in just 90 mins with my new steamer but I'm suffering now! My lower back is killing me. I think I might have to opt for a quieter day tomorrow. Give the stripping a rest lol!

I'm still constantly evolving my designs in my mind. I think the chimney breast is going to look a bit weird without a fireplace on it so I'm going to go for an electric fire setup and just leave the back boiler in place. Not exactly what I wanted but you cut your cloth to suit at the end of the day. At least it looks like the wallpaper removal won't be quite as bad as I feared as long as my back can take it!
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Lori Dee ✅

The electric fireplace sounds like a great way to fix that issue. Is a gas fireplace an option? I'm not sure which is better/cheaper for heating, but they are the same in terms of aesthetics.

My lower back flares up if I do a lot of repetitive bending. And stripping wallpaper definitely involves a lot of that. Take a rest day. Maybe there is something else you can work on to give your back a break. Like start digging the swimming pool.

🤣
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗
  • skype:.?call
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Petunia

tammy753

WOW I have no ambition apparently I made breakfast today and that was all. I am tired 😂
For my new blog go to
https://www.socketseekers.com 🔗

Stottie Girl

Quote from: Lori Dee on July 18, 2026, 05:08:22 PMThe electric fireplace sounds like a great way to fix that issue. Is a gas fireplace an option? I'm not sure which is better/cheaper for heating, but they are the same in terms of aesthetics.

My lower back flares up if I do a lot of repetitive bending. And stripping wallpaper definitely involves a lot of that. Take a rest day. Maybe there is something else you can work on to give your back a break. Like start digging the swimming pool.

🤣
Swimming Pool? In North East England ha! clearly You've never been. We are the coldest city in England!
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Stottie Girl

Quote from: tammy753 on July 18, 2026, 07:51:49 PMWOW I have no ambition apparently I made breakfast today and that was all. I am tired 😂
I hope it was a big lavish breakfast at least!
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

davina61

I have a "fake" fire , its a blower heater and warms my room quick before the panel heater warms up. Fake coal and light make the room feel warmer as well.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  • skype:davina61?call
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Captain.Val

Wow you're a busy bee Sarah. Renovation is always more work than you think. We've spent most of 2025 doing that...
Take care of your back 🌸
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Stottie Girl

Quote from: Valerie.Val on July 19, 2026, 06:37:46 AMWow you're a busy bee Sarah. Renovation is always more work than you think. We've spent most of 2025 doing that...
Take care of your back 🌸
Hey you. Been a while!

Yeah, my back is killing me today so I've just gone over there and tidied up, took some measurements and I'll leave it at that for today. I'm used to doing renovations but normally I'm only doing one room then having a break, this time I will have to do every room as they all need renovation, some more than others though.
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Charlotte Kitty ✅

Oh you do need some time off though appreciate you want to get it done so good to be busy! Up and down ladders never great for you though.
Fully fem aligned, feminine presenting male. He/him/they. HRT since April 25

🔗 [Link: tickerfactory.com]

Emma1017



Sarah, have heard from Lauren?  I PM'd her twice and didn't hear back.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Stottie Girl

Quote from: Emma1017 on July 20, 2026, 04:24:06 PMSarah, have heard from Lauren?  I PM'd her twice and didn't hear back.
Sorry Emma, I didn't spot your message.

Yeah I speak to her a lot, she's doing ok but is often very tired. I don't chat to her everyday but I'll let her know you have pm'd her. She hasn't been on Susans for a good week or so, she probably hasn't seem them yet.
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Stottie Girl

Well after steaming all my ceiling wallpaper off my bedroom ceiling I have developed a condition called excercise vasculitis aka Disney rash which is inflamed blood vessels in the lower legs. Thats my renovations on hold for a week or so. I've got to keep my legs elevated to stop them filling with fluid they're all bright red above the ankles and feel bruised with a sunburn feeling on the skin. Never had this happen before. It's a bit bad timing! I think I might have to pull a sicky tomorrow.
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Lori Dee ✅

Definitely time to take a break!

For me, the best non-prescription cure-all is chocolate, or ice cream, or chocolate ice cream with chocolate chunks and fudge brownie pieces.

🤣
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗
  • skype:.?call
  •  

Stottie Girl

Quote from: Lori Dee on July 22, 2026, 04:36:53 PMDefinitely time to take a break!

For me, the best non-prescription cure-all is chocolate, or ice cream, or chocolate ice cream with chocolate chunks and fudge brownie pieces.

🤣
Ha fat chance of that. I'm on a 1400 calorie diet😪😪
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Lori Dee ✅

Quote from: Stottie Girl on July 22, 2026, 04:50:31 PMHa fat chance of that. I'm on a 1400 calorie diet😪😪

Per hour?  🤣
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗
  • skype:.?call
  •  

Stottie Girl

I wish.

I seem to have spent most of my adult life dieting. It's a pain but needed.

I found my old transition measurement chart from when I was down at 14.5 stone. I'm using it as inspiration. My figure back then was 46-36-44 that's just touching hourglass territory. back then it was paired with a roll of love handles that hid it and i could not shift them but I'm hoping this time now i'm on blockers I might be able to shed it! I live in hope!   
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Charlotte Kitty ✅

I wish i could take that weight from you for sure. Ive been on 3000 calories a day for a few weeks and not even 50g change in my weight. I can't figure it out. Makes no sense!
Fully fem aligned, feminine presenting male. He/him/they. HRT since April 25

🔗 [Link: tickerfactory.com]
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee