Susan's Place Logo
Main Menu

A week as a woman

Started by Jillian-TG, July 26, 2026, 10:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jillian-TG

I've mentioned before on this discussion board that I am married and because my wife isn't too comfortable with my transgender identity, I continue to live in the closet while we navigate through things. One thing I've done the past couple years is to spend brief periods of time as a woman when we go on a cruise. It's a great escape for me and awesome when my wife joins me for a drink or a coffee in the evening. Downside is that it's very brief.

A few months ago I was able to take a solo cruise where I was able to spend 3 days as a woman. I enjoyed it except I hated being alone and isolated.

Next month my wife and I are finally doing our girls trip together. We've flip flopped for 2 years to do this. But we are doing it. One week cruise out of LA on August 21st.

It will be the first time that we spend an extended period of time with me as a woman. I'm excited, nervous and scared all rolled into one.
AMAB and married to AFAB.
I am gender fluid but live primarily in male mode. My wife knows about my gender identity struggles and we are navigating how to come out and be more public about me being trans.

Blog:
https://www.susans.org/index.php?topic=254926.new#new

Northern Star Girl ✅

@Jillian-TG 
Dear Jillian:
Your excitement comes through on
your posting regarding your upcoming
trip and cruise with your wife.

I am wishing for you a happy and enjoyable time.

Please keep us all updated as you can.

HUGS, Danielle [Northern Star Girl]
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !
http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions 
         Donating !   https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗

❤️❤️❤️  Check out my Personal Blog Threads  ❤️❤️❤️
          Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
           Started: January 02, 2024

                    A New Chapter: Alaskan Danielle's Chronicles 
                      Started: December 30, 2018

          I am the Hunted Prey: Danielle's Chronicles
            Started: April 08, 2018

                    Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
                      Started: March 09, 2018


I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 46 years old

        Email:  --->  alaskandanielle@
                             yahoo.com

Lori Dee ✅

Good for you, Jillian!

Have a great time, and be sure to let your wife know how much it means to you that she's with you like that. If all goes well, you can start planning the next cruise together.
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗

Finally Anna

Exciting, nervous and scary - but what an opportunity!
A whole week of girls' cruise sounds super nice.
I can't find, oh, the right romantic line
But see me once and see the way I feel
Don't discard me just because you think I mean you harm
But these cuts I have, oh, they need love to help them heal.


Out to self since March 5, 2026. My wife knows it all since June 23.

Anne_lifetrip

Quote from: Jillian-TG on July 26, 2026, 10:12:09 PMIt will be the first time that we spend an extended period of time with me as a woman. I'm excited, nervous and scared all rolled into one.
Sounds that you are going to have a great time and create long lasting, wonderful memories as @Jillian-TG.

Enjoy the cruise!
Instagram: anne_lifetrip

Stottie Girl

That sounds awesome Jillian! I hope this extended period will give your wife time to adjust and is just the start of many such adventures!
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Jillian-TG

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I've been sure to let my wife know how grateful I am that she is making this effort and taking a risk.

I'm also mindful that I have to be careful not to overwhelm her either. I'm being thoughtful in my outfits - primarily ladies shorts and t-shirts. Just 2 dresses and nothing over the top (no high heels or short skirts).

Baby steps :-)
AMAB and married to AFAB.
I am gender fluid but live primarily in male mode. My wife knows about my gender identity struggles and we are navigating how to come out and be more public about me being trans.

Blog:
https://www.susans.org/index.php?topic=254926.new#new

Petunia

Jillian,
I recently did a 10 day cruise as what would be considered androgenous.

I'm not into cruises but I know you are. Besides that, I loved it.
I talked to a lot of people and they said I saw you at....
I guess I wasn't as hidden as I thought

No matter how feminine I presented I was accepted everywhere.

It's just a matter of how your wife accepts things.

And then one day you stop to find,
10 years have got behind you,
no one told you when to run,
you missed the starting gun
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Jillian-TG

Quote from: Petunia on July 30, 2026, 03:58:39 AMJillian,
I recently did a 10 day cruise as what would be considered androgenous.

I'm not into cruises but I know you are. Besides that, I loved it.
I talked to a lot of people and they said I saw you at....
I guess I wasn't as hidden as I thought

No matter how feminine I presented I was accepted everywhere.

It's just a matter of how your wife accepts things.


I've gone out several times on cruises as a woman and I've never had any problems. Admittedly those were mainly brief outings. People mostly don't react at all (like I'm invisible). I know for a fact that I don't pass easily as a woman so that means people don't care one way or the other.
AMAB and married to AFAB.
I am gender fluid but live primarily in male mode. My wife knows about my gender identity struggles and we are navigating how to come out and be more public about me being trans.

Blog:
https://www.susans.org/index.php?topic=254926.new#new

Petunia

I went androgenous. I also went to a couple of LGB meet and greats will my wife was sleeping

I did notice a young lady with long black hair that had blue and pink hair ties in.

It was kind of a sad affair with nobody interacting.

I told her boyfriend at the end of happy hour to let his girlfriend know she looked hot. He seemed genuinely pleased.

I must have made a bit of a statement as a lot of people I met told me they had seen me before o the cruise.
Perhaps not as invisible as  thought.

There is no way you can think I'm anything but males

 
And then one day you stop to find,
10 years have got behind you,
no one told you when to run,
you missed the starting gun
  •  

Jillian-TG

Quote from: Petunia on August 01, 2026, 05:49:02 AMI went androgenous. I also went to a couple of LGB meet and greats will my wife was sleeping

I did notice a young lady with long black hair that had blue and pink hair ties in.

It was kind of a sad affair with nobody interacting.

I told her boyfriend at the end of happy hour to let his girlfriend know she looked hot. He seemed genuinely pleased.

I must have made a bit of a statement as a lot of people I met told me they had seen me before o the cruise.
Perhaps not as invisible as  thought.

There is no way you can think I'm anything but males

 
You are correct - passengers definitely like to "people watch" on the cruise ships so they do notice. But fortunately most people in real life are decent and they don't make it a big deal so it's like I'm invisible although I'm sure they notice.

I think as long as you are dressed appropriately and you are not acting like a fool then 99.9% of people don't care how you dress or present yourself. Cruise ships have an added benefit of having lots of security around and the passengers are all in a good mood.
AMAB and married to AFAB.
I am gender fluid but live primarily in male mode. My wife knows about my gender identity struggles and we are navigating how to come out and be more public about me being trans.

Blog:
https://www.susans.org/index.php?topic=254926.new#new

ChrissyRyan

I have not been on what may be called a touristy or vacation ocean cruise.

I have had several weeks out as a female before going full time.  Those times were very helpful.

Do have fun when you have your week out and about on your cruise.

If you have assigned tables for meals then you may have some social interaction in that way that could make anyone uncomfortable until you know them more.  I have heard about that from travelers and watching travel videos.  But it usually is not a big deal and I suppose you can get a reassignment if deemed necessary.

Hugs,

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Help connect a person to someone that may be able to help that person.  Be brave, be strong.  A TRUE friend is a treasure.  Relationships are very important, people are important, and the sooner we all realize that the better off the world will be.  Try a little kindness.  Be generous with your time, energy, wisdom, and resources.   Inconvenience yourself to help someone.   I am a brown eyed, brown haired woman. 

Ciara

This sounds absolutely amazing Jillian. You will have a beautiful trip.
Enjoy every moment ❤️.

Ciara
I don't have a gender issue.
I love being a girl.



🔗 [Link: tickerfactory.com]

bellesparkles

I'm so excited for you, Jillian! I hope this extended time as a woman will make you and your wife more comfortable, so you can live the life you want. Enjoy!

KristaFairchild

I was slow and steady but had a realization about being dressed fairly feminine but also wanting to not get noticed.

I was in earrings and women's clothes that weren't too obvious. Foundation, blush, brows that looked natural. 

Most people clocked me. 

Going full femme meant people easily read me as female instead of puzzling about it. I hated the puzzling part and it was embarrassing. 

I look ok when I'm 2/3 femme and better when I'm 3/3. 

Once this took root in my head and my heart, I was free to present any way I wanted. 

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: KristaFairchild on August 08, 2026, 08:05:58 PMI was slow and steady but had a realization about being dressed fairly feminine but also wanting to not get noticed.

I was in earrings and women's clothes that weren't too obvious. Foundation, blush, brows that looked natural.

Most people clocked me.

Going full femme meant people easily read me as female instead of puzzling about it. I hated the puzzling part and it was embarrassing.

I look ok when I'm 2/3 femme and better when I'm 3/3.

Once this took root in my head and my heart, I was free to present any way I wanted.


You said, " I look ok when I'm 2/3 femme and better when I'm 3/3."


I can relate to this for sure.  There is a comfort level we need to achieve.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Help connect a person to someone that may be able to help that person.  Be brave, be strong.  A TRUE friend is a treasure.  Relationships are very important, people are important, and the sooner we all realize that the better off the world will be.  Try a little kindness.  Be generous with your time, energy, wisdom, and resources.   Inconvenience yourself to help someone.   I am a brown eyed, brown haired woman. 

Jillian-TG

Today is cruise day. Going to go through security in a more androgynous style (I need to match my identification document). I will be wearing women's clothing (sneakers, shorts and t-shirt) but it's not obvious. My nails are already painted though so I think I will probably be clocked as a gay or effeminate man. I'm ok with that.

I will change into full female clothing and makeup after I board the ship.

Wish me luck. I'm a bundle of nerves. 
AMAB and married to AFAB.
I am gender fluid but live primarily in male mode. My wife knows about my gender identity struggles and we are navigating how to come out and be more public about me being trans.

Blog:
https://www.susans.org/index.php?topic=254926.new#new

Maid Marion

Good luck getting the through cruise security.

Marion

Lori Dee ✅

Have fun, Jillian!
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗
  • skype:.?call
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Petunia

tammy753

I do a much sadder version of this every year. I take time off at christmas time and I live that entire time as Tammy. I don't go out I just make sure I have every thing I need for that period and I let me self just be Tammy for the entire time.

I think its great your wife is trying and that says a lot for how wonderful your relationship is.