Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Annual Friends of Susan get together?

Started by heatherrose, June 21, 2006, 12:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in meeting your sisters and brothers, that you have met at Susan's.org, at say......an anual banquet or such?

Oh definately, when and where?
I would if I can schedule it in.
I would but it depends on where it is held (logistic and travel expence considerations)
No

heatherrose

I've teased Emerald about this question, a few times. She suggested that I put it up for a vote, so here goes.
"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

Melissa

I've already met some of the people on here in person.  It's just that there are members worldwide and having everyone (especially the young and poor) travel to a central spot isn't feasible.  However, if people met up regionally, that might be doable.

Melissa
  •  

TheBattler

I like Melissa's idea of a regional meetings. Perhaps we should co-ordinate so everyone has a regional meeting on the same weekend. Here in Australia I think Sydney would be the best place for a meeting as many members are based around that area.

Alice
  •  

Melissa

Me and Leigh live in the Portland area, so we command that region. :)

Melissa
  •  

raven

I am in Washington State only a few hours from Portland.  I like the idea, however I am not sure that my wife would think that is is a cool idea or even be alright with me going.  I also not really how to bring up the issues of doing something like that.  I am currently trying to approach the issue of going back to a support group that meets in Tacoma.
  •  

heatherrose

I like the idea of various regional meeting events. Perhaps dividing the regions by time zones, with a northern and southern region for each, with a location central to those who live in these divided areas. I think it would be awsome to be able to place faces with names. I'm looking forward to, The First Annual Friends of Susan Get Together.

Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
  •  

Melissa

I think we need more than just 4 or 5 zones in the US.  For instance, for the pacific timezone, there could be ones in Portland and San Francisco.  I think the regions should be planned around the concentration of persons that live nearby.  For instance, if there is nobody in Alaska, we shouldn't have a location near to there, but SanFran has a high concentration of TS and it makes sense to have one there, but I'm not driving over 600 miles to get there.

Melissa
  •  

heatherrose

Hmmmm.......that's good too. We would have to know where each "friend of Susan" lived and put a flag pin on the globe, representing each one, and then figure feasible centrally convienient meeting points, in each region.
Now how do we find out where everone, that would be interested/able to attend, lives without invading their privicy. Maybe a virtual hat could be created into which every one could anonamously throw their city, state, teritory or province and country.
Calling all geeks.

Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
  •  

Kate Thomas

Melissa
there is at least one in alaska if any one is in anchorage or fairbanks let me know soon i will be traveling through this summer starting early next week. (my only time on "the mainland") Sorry i wont  make it over to the South East
Kate
"But who is that on the other side of you?"
T.S. Eliot
  •  

Sophie

I geuss with England we could do something in London? Even I, the young and poor, could get myself to London if I wanted.
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: KateAlice on June 22, 2006, 03:40:15 AM
Melissa
there is at least one in alaska if any one is in anchorage or fairbanks let me know soon i will be traveling through this summer starting early next week. (my only time on "the mainland") Sorry i wont  make it over to the South East
Kate

I stand corrected.  :)

Melissa
  •  

Dennis

I can finally leave Canada, 10 months after applying for change of name and gender on my citizenship card, they finally got it back to me. Now I gotta apply for a passport. Wonder how long that'll take.

Dennis
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: Dennis on June 22, 2006, 02:52:24 PM
I can finally leave Canada, 10 months after applying for change of name and gender on my citizenship card, they finally got it back to me. Now I gotta apply for a passport. Wonder how long that'll take.

Dennis

It may take a while Dennis.  With the recent scare that the US would require all Canadians to carry passports when they enter the US, the passport offices were swamped with requests, so it could be a while.  Just give them a call and ask the wait time.  Now that the proposal was dropped maybe it's not so bad now.

Steph
  •  

taylor

I would be game, I am in Eastern NC. but traveling to TN would be cool with me....and the SO can come as well I am sure? My wife would love to meet people from this site.

Peace,

Taylor
  •  

heatherrose

Now that we have established that we "all" would like to meet, where do we go from here?

Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
  •  

Melissa

I suppose it would be deciding on the regions and choosing region leaders/coodinators.  The admins have more access to user information than I do, so they would be best for choosing the regions.

Melissa
  •  

angelsgirl

Me and Jocelyn are in the Northeast near Canada and New England. We'll be in Vermont in a few months, so it's still close.
  •  

Dennis

Melissa and Leigh to come north to Vancouver imo.

Dennis
  •  

LynnER

Id love to do it, but I think Im the only one left in my area LoL.  Ive got a car though and if there were a meeting in say Pheonix AZ or some such Id be more than game.
  •  

Bdnewgirl

I think the regional meetings are a great idea. I know there are other people that chat here that is in the Chicago region and that is doable for me. the hard part is time off at work.

love @ hugs
Brandi
  •