Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Losing love handles?

Started by Luc, July 10, 2006, 12:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luc

Hey guys... well, what else is there to gripe about but weight, in a world obsessed with size? Personally, while trying my best to look like a dude, I have no problem putting on muscle weight... in fact, my body is mostly muscle weight; I weigh about 190 and am told frequently I look about 160. I exercise most days; most of it is weight lifting, boxing, and soccer, but none of it is working to get rid of the nasty excess fat on my stomach and hips, the hip fat being a dead giveaway of the fact I still have a female body. Anyone know any special tricks for losing that nasty fat? I know there must be some way... just unfortunately no way to lose all that extra weight on my chest  8). Any suggestions would be helpful.

Rafe
"If you want to criticize my methods, fine. But you can keep your snide remarks to yourself, and while you're at it, stop criticizing my methods!"

Check out my blog at http://hormonaldivide.blogspot.com
  •  

Dennis

Unfortunately, spot reducing doesn't work. The only things that will help are overall body fat reduction and, if you're not on T, you may find that those areas just won't reduce without dropping to a dangerously low body fat percentage; or, the redistribution of weight that T brings.

You're doing the right thing by building muscle though. That's the best way to disguise it.

Dennis
  •  

Annwyn

More intense cardio... the kind that makes you puke after 10 minutes of it, but spend 5 hours doing it 2 times a week, on and off of course in those 5 hours.  Sweat, and try that cortizone stuffs.
  •  

LynnER

One of my "dancer" friends was extreemly overweight... specialy in her thighs and belly..... she got a personal trainer at the gym and worked out everyday atleast 2 hrs..... 3 months later she was thinner than me andcould toss me around like a ball.......

she stopped the working out when I passed for Fem when in guy mode than she did period...... she ended up totaly flat too..... <Shes jelous of my assets both top and bottom :D>

maby thattle help alittle..... I'll ask her what her regimen was so I can pass it on to you.
  •  

Annwyn

Yes, the sad fact is that the most effective and really the only way to go about this is to sacrifice the big macs and fried chicken and sodas and hit the gym... just big careful on what you work on, don't want to bulk up.
LIke I always say... focus on the legs.  You can put on a lot of muscle on your legs which will burn more calories all around and help you stay in shape for the rest of your life by just working your legs.
  •  

Luc

That's the crazy thing... I don't even eat very much, and when I do, it isn't fast food. I need to get to the gym, that's all. Probably waste my money on another ab machine that doesn't really work.

Rafe
"If you want to criticize my methods, fine. But you can keep your snide remarks to yourself, and while you're at it, stop criticizing my methods!"

Check out my blog at http://hormonaldivide.blogspot.com
  •  

Annwyn

Quote from: Rafe on August 23, 2006, 08:50:53 PM
That's the crazy thing... I don't even eat very much, and when I do, it isn't fast food. I need to get to the gym, that's all. Probably waste my money on another ab machine that doesn't really work.

Rafe
You can be freaking anorexic and still be the size of an elephant.  First thing to do is eat healthy, that includes a healthy quantity, then focus on getting that 30 minutes of cardio in a day.  Do heavy leg workouts, the stuff that makes you scream from exertion, twice a week.
  •