Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What about … SHOES!

Started by 4years, June 21, 2005, 08:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4years

What about ... SHOES!

Ok, so I don't get *that* excited about shoes, but there are a few designs I like...

I like over the knee boots, though I'm not fond of heels at all.

I like moccasins.

Given that over the keen moccasins are right up my ally ;)

I like to expose neither heel nor toe.
  •  

Alison

I love my berkinstocks..... I mean, i LOOOOOVE my berks... they are THE most comfortable shoe I own... I wear them every waking minute that I'm not working LOL....

aside from those, I have the black and white addidas sneakers, and a pair of plain black loafers for dressy occasions...
  •  

LostInTime

I like shoes.  Picked up three more pairs the other weekend.
  •  

AmyNYC

I must admit... I have always had a thing for shoes.

I don't have a lot of shoes (yet), but I have at least one pair for all occasions.  Cute flip-flops, black loafers, Skechers tennis shoes, some strappy wedges, a nice pair of black high-heeled sandals, & most importantly... black leather knee high boots.
  •  

stephanie_craxford

I'm affraid that I have a real weakness for shoes.  I have way too many, but heck I have to make sure that I'm in style  :D
  •  

4years

(= It is kind of interesting, shoes I'm kind of blasé on, but skirts and tops is where I go excessive!
  •  

Shelley

I just love what a pair of heels does to shape of my calves.

Shelley
  •  

Denise01

I to have a weakness for shoes, and  probably  no do have more ladies shoes than mens.
I like heels, but can only wear up to about 2 1/2 inch in sling backs  as i require the strap to hold my heel in place on the one foot.
I have a nice pair of spring and fall boots, that come to below the knee,  they arel very comfortable and I wear them as much as I ccan when out and about. Having a narrow foot, ladies shoes do fit me better than mens shoes, as a result i have some nice ladies walking shoes, that fit great and look good

Chat later

Denise
  •  

Phoenix

Quote from: Shelley on August 19, 2005, 05:06:24 PM
I just love what a pair of heels does to shape of my calves.

Shelley

please exlain ???
  •  

Shelley

Hi Phoenix,

When you wear high heels they change the shape of your calf muscle into a very feminine shape. They define the muscle more clearly and I just love the look.

Shelley
  •  

Cassandra

I can't believe I have never noticed this thread before. I love shoes. When I go shopping for clothes I have to get a pair of shoes to go with my new outfits.

Give me shoes lots of shoes,
Spikes and pumps and flats and boots,
Please take my card.

sung to the tune of Don't Fence Me In   ;D >:D :angel: ;D

Cassie
  •  

Jillieann Rose

Shoes! :icon_ihearu:

When I wore a pair of my wifes 2 inch heels for a couple of hours it resulted in an aching back for a over a week. So I now only wear 1 inch heels or less and don't have that problem.
I do love shoes thou. The more the better.  :)
Cassandra you can't have too many.

Jillieann
  •  

Shelley

I must admit Jillieann,

Wearing higher heals is a matter of becoming accustomed to it. Slow and steady wind this race.

Shelley
  •  

michehi

does anyone know where to get..size 11 1/2 shoes?  thanks, michehi
  •  

Ricki

I agree with Shelley especially cause my calf muscles are bigger, I have to work on this uggghhhh
anyway i had boots and strappies and open toes but for some dressing prefer the traditional 4" dress heel / pump!
R
  •  

jennyclassgal

I love shoes! Can't have enough! I have more womens shoes than mens. I have real thing for a classic black pump ... I think I have 4 pairs! Two pairs of boots and I think I need another pair that I could wear outside of my jeans. A couple pairs of sandals. I'll usually buy the shoes first, them the clothes to go with it!! Although I am usually a ladies 10, my biggest challenge is that I have wide feet. Finding in style shoes in wide is a challenge.

As for the heels, I have no trouble in anything up to 4 inch. After that It becomes somewhat unnatural. For some reason I feel heels to be quite natural. I found the secret to walking in heels is to simply stand tall, with an erect back and take confident heel to toe steps. The hardest part was to keep my stride short otherwise I just looked like a man in heels lol!

Jen
  •  

Melissa

I have over 20 pairs of shoes now, but I've never been one of those people who is obsessed with shoes.  I just need that many because not all of them go with every outfit.  I would say I only switch between about 6 pairs of shoes regularly though.

Melissa
  •  

Genevieve

Hi All,

I can't wait to vastly expand my shoe collection. I need to wait a while but am sooo looking forward to shoe shopping!

*hugs*

Genevieve
  •  

Ricki

warning for hi heel lovers!  My buddy's wife who is a girl girl, a few years back was leaving work (umm ya okay she was a nude dancer...had the tools for it that's for sure! me so jealous!) Anyway leaving the parking lot she twisted a 4 1/2 " spiked heel in a rain gutter, it tripped her and broke the platlet in her foot in two different places! Ugghhh
so be vweeerrryy vweerrryyy careful! 
  •  

Louise

I love wearing heels, but I take it in moderation.  The highest heels I have are about 3".  Most of us older ladies like the shorter heels.  My wife does not care for anyting over 2".

A year ago I broke my ankle (I was not wearing heels and was in guy mode at the time); it was six months before I could wear heels comfortably after that.  It did give me the chance to get a cute pair of flats, though.  :D
  •