Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What about (cosmetic) "body modification" ?

Started by 4years, June 29, 2005, 10:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bombi

I think all girls should have their ears pierced. I don't like eyebrow or facial piercings on girls.
I have my ears pierced. I wear 2 regular earrings in my left ear and I have strethed my right lobe to 13mm and wear a  gold plug with a hurricane design. I have pierced nipples and wear 1 inch captive ball hoops. The nipple rings have elonggated my nipples  and they appear to look more feminine.
Tattoos can be sexy if they are in the right place. I have a small palm tree on my right ass cheek. I love the tatoos thst girls get on their lower backs. If I ever got another one I would get some nice design on my lower back.
Yes there is really bigender people
  •  

gina_taylor

I have both ears pierecd twice and I have my belly button pierced. I was talking with a GG the other day about cartiledge piercing and she told me that it really hurts even months after having it done, so I'm a little leary about having it done. Can anyone explain why they only have their right ear cartiledge pierced only? ???

Gina
  •  

Terri-Gene

QuoteCan anyone explain why they only have their right ear cartiledge pierced only?

No idea what it would mean these days Gina, but in decades past it signified a free spirit, owned by no one or Dominant.  It was common for sailors to pierce their right ear after their first crossing of the equator up until more recent times.  It was not so common for a male to piece both ears as that was considered feminine, though it was common enough in the subcultures and was often done by warrior types, kind of a "dare ya".  The Left Ear only was rarely pierced especially by males, as that signified one was "owned" or belonged to another, it signifed servitude.

Like I said, not sure how it relates today, but when I was young, piercings had significant meanings, they were not generally done for "fashion" or to be "cool". In the subcultures they were identifiers.

Terri
  •  

kaycee

Quote from: AllisonY2K on July 30, 2005, 08:38:14 AM
Gee, I hope I'm not the only one.....

I have a total of 10 piercings.
ears x3/each
nose
labret
industrial (counts as 2)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/AllisonY2K/piercings/DSCN0518.jpg

You most definitely are no the only one!  I have (so far) a grand total of 14! 

In each ear:  3x 10 gauge 3/4" hoops (stretched myself), 2 small novelty hoops in the cartelage, and one industrial
One eyebrow: Double ended spike
One labret:  Doorknocker at the moment (ball w/ a hoop coming down off of it)

Planned are 2 more in the eyebrow, and a "snake bite" ( 2 hoops in the lip, one on either side)

I get a new piercing everytime something great happens to me.  As im due for a few more, you can tell i've had a good year!  Peace~
  •  

Sarah Louise

I pierced my ears myself almost 25 years ago.  I just used rubbing alcohol and a large sewing needle.  It hurt, but wasn't all that bad.  I was surprised that I didn't get much comment about it at work.

Sarah
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Natalie_Danielle

I have my ears pierced.  My wife did them for me using one of the DIY kits from Inverness.  They have them at Walmart.
Easy to do and they use a very sharp stud so there is almost no pain and very little damage to the ear unlike most normal piercing guns.

Now I want to get second and third holes, but I think I'll wait until I can go full time.
  •  

Terri-Gene

Mine were pierced as a teen ager by a girl friend.  I didn't actually agree to the proceedure, she snuck up behind me, put her palms on my shoulders to relax me and then she put a thread bobbin behind one of my ears and with the other hand quickly pierced it with the other hand.  I didn't even know what was happening untill it was done, then of course, she pierced the other one.  I continued to wear them until the early 70's when i decided I should be male, though I would at times wear one in my left ear.  Years later, I started growing out my hair again and wore earrings in both ears which has continued every day of my life since unless I forget to put them in during the morning before leaving the house, but I put a few extra sets of posts in my purse to take care of that when it happens.  I feel a little "naked" without them.

Terri
  •  

Shelley

I have both ears pierced the first one in the seventies and the other in the eighties after my divorce to my first wife. Bit of rebellion really because it was the tme I also got a tattoo on my arm.

Shelley
  •  

Sara

Shelley, I know this an old post but I have both my ears pierced, I have a tattoo of a cowboy on my shoulder (needs color) and I am about to get my belly done (ouch) oh and if I can scrape up the money I will have my boobs done the same time I get the surgery done.

Sara.
  •  

rana

Wow, how many people here have tats then?  lots it seems.  I was tempted when I was young to get club symbol tattooed on my bum (diving club, not bikers :)  )  but I chickened out.
I have a scar on my shoulder like a sig rune thou :)   
  •  

stephanie_craxford

I have full body tattoos.  Oreiental Dragons chasing each other.

Steph
  •  

Shelley

I have a Tattoo of a rose through a heart.

Long story that involves alcohol, body piercing and a dare.

Shelley
  •  

Kimberly

Well, I'm not so boring any more! *wink*

I ended up with the spring loaded gun style, which I think worked fine.

I've two in each lob currently for a happy total of 4.
However, I'm thinking next time (quite some time from now) I will add 2 more for each ear, one more in the lobe and then a cartilage one. ... that, I think, I'll be happy with and will give me 8 total with 4 each ear (3 lobe, 1 cartilage). Currently I'm happy as a lark with my 2 lobe each side (= "About time" thinks I!
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Oh ho Kimberly, feel the rush, before you know it you will be setting off metal detectors everywhere.  Which I might add was kinda fun, especially the looks on the security guards faces when I told them I had a "ring in my thing".  Not anymore mind you :)

Steph
  •  

melissa_girl

Just 2 earrings for me for now.  Maybe 2 more later.

Melissa
  •  

Kimberly

Well, I'm even less boring now *laugh*.

I added in my 3rd lobe and one cartilage for a happy total of 4 each ear.

Quote from: Stephanie Craxford on February 07, 2006, 07:43:51 PM...
before you know it you will be setting off metal detectors everywhere.

Funny you should say that... (Mom mentioned the same! *giggle*)

Quote from: Kimberly on February 07, 2006, 03:56:41 PM...
However, I'm thinking next time (quite some time from now)

Hrm, what 5 days? That does not quite seem like 'quite some time from now' does it? *chortle*

Quote from: Lillith on December 24, 2005, 06:16:18 PM...
one of the DIY kits from Inverness.  They have them at Walmart.
If it's a little blue box with a picture of an ear on it it's probably the same thing as what I had done, save mine were done in the store via one of the ladies there.

As for the future, well I MIGHT be tempted by another cartilage (one of the games I played the girl had 2 cartilage piercing and I liked the look), but no time soon. (Where have I heard that before?), and I MIGHT be tempted by a nose ring (just one, left side I guess), because I do like the ear ring to nose ring chain look but that ... well that depends on a number of things and remains in fantasy land. But, *shrug* who knows!

A note about the cartilage piercing, it did not and does not hurt near as much as I was expecting. Really it just felt like a normal piercing however it seems to just hurt longer is all. Not so bad really.

*chortle* I keep wondering if this is part of my 'irresponsible teen' stage or something, it's certainly the right time frame as I understand it. *wink*

Posted at: February 12, 2006, 05:09:29 PM

assert(Kimberly.getPiercingCount() == 8);
Kimberly.addEarring(new CEarring("onyx", HumanBody::Head::Ear::cartilage::Left) );
Kimberly.addEarring(new CEarring("onyx", HumanBody::Head::Ear::cartilage::Right) );
assert(Kimberly.getPiercingCount() == 10);

Or to put it another way, I went in town yesterday and around 7am added what will probably be my last earrings as this is rather the look I fancied. I now have 3 lobe, 2 cartilage per ear.
*wink* Not that anyone cares of course! (=

Of note these two cartilage piercings really did not hurt all that much which surprised me. They hurt of course, but honestly not all that much. Kind of a nice surprise really.

So, 15 days after the 1st cartilage I've added another compared to the 5 days after to get another lobe. ... If that is of any measurement anyway :P

Quote from: Kimberly on February 12, 2006, 07:09:29 PM...
As for the future, well I MIGHT be tempted by another cartilage, but no time soon. (Where have I heard that before?)
So, this "no time soon" turned out to be 15 days. *shrug* I'm just not going to comment on when any more! :P
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hey there Kimberly.

Now that you have run out of space on your ears :) it's time to contemplate those other areas of the body :) , navel, nipples, etc... ;)

Steph
  •  

Kimberly

Probability of any of that is less than point one percent. *wink*

Naw, next would be tattoos technically...

(=
  •  

AllisonY2K

oddly enough, when I went through airport security nothing happened, but when I went through security at a museum up in NYC, I set off the metal detector.  ???

..and the Hello Kitty graphic in my tongue ring came off. I'm sad.  :(
  •  

melissa_girl

Quote from: Kimberly on February 28, 2006, 01:54:57 AM

assert(Kimberly.getPiercingCount() == 8);
Kimberly.addEarring(new CEarring("onyx", HumanBody::Head::Ear::cartilage::Left) );
Kimberly.addEarring(new CEarring("onyx", HumanBody::Head::Ear::cartilage::Right) );
assert(Kimberly.getPiercingCount() == 10);

Microsoft C++ ?

Melissa
  •