Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What about (cosmetic) "body modification" ?

Started by 4years, June 29, 2005, 10:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4years

What kind of cosmetic body modifications strike your fancy?

Tattoos, piercing and things like that. (hair removal not withstanding)

Currently I'm oh so boring, but I hope to eventually get my ears pierced a few times, and I might eventually go with a few pretty tattoos as well.
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Oh you're sooooo boring  :D :D :D Just kidding.  Got to watch out for those body modifications.  They tend to be permanent.  I myself have two huge tattoos of oriental dragons chasing each other around my body.  One covers my front, and leads to the other that covers my back.  None show when I wear everyday work ware , except for a tiny bit around my neck line.  It's all custom work, and took several years to complete.  They are quite beautiful.  I displayed them at the East Coast Tattoo Show two years ago in Bangor, Maine, and the girl that disigned and tattooed them took first place over all.

I tried the piercing thing as well, nipples navel, and mr wobbly, but I'm past that and I've taken them out, the only thing that I have pierced now is my ears.  But wait - now I'm boring ha, ha.

Hey if it looks good go for it - as long as it's done safely - and with your eyes open wide.
  •  

4years

To be sure! (=

I'm green with envy; your tattoos sound very nice!
  •  

april

I plan on re-piercing my nostril  (i had  to take it out to work where i did) and get my lip pierced on the bottom left side. I also have a small tattoo of a shell i designed for the back of my neck that i have wanted for years but have been to afraid to get lol.
  •  

Susan

I might go with a second ear piercing but that would be it. You can keep the tattoos :P
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Leigh

Quote from: 4years on June 29, 2005, 10:01:15 PM

Tattoos, piercing and things like that. 

Oh yea.  I have both numerous times.
  •  

gina_taylor

I have two tattoo's. the one on my left  shoulder (that I had done first) is of a skull with cross bones and then the one on my right shoulder is of a colorful butterfly. Back in April I had my navel pierced, and now I wear a dangling butterfly that is  red , and my ears are pierced twice. I'm thinking about getting my nipples pierced, but i think I'll wait until my breasts have developed more.

Gina
  •  

4years

As far as piercing go I think I'll stick with ears only, though I confess I do like the look of the ear to nose chain, I do kind of doubt I'll ever do that though, but who knows!

I like the idea of the large full body (or at least upper body) tattoos. I can't help but think a dragon or perhaps great cat on back with claws holding shoulder and head horizontal at base of neck (as if a companion holding on and resting) would be quite nice.
  •  

beth

i'm getting my ears pierced in august, thats it for piercing. I will never forget, when i was like 10 my sister (who was very nonconforming) was 16 and she got a butterfly tatto on her ankle. i thought that was the most awesome thing i had ever seen. i might get something like that, i'm thinking a lady bug.      :)

beth
  •  

Alison

no tatoos for me, scared of them lol

I got my ears peirced the first time when I was like 5 years old... then in middle school, i got them pierced again, then later 2 more times.. for a total of 4 in each lobe, then in highschool i got my cartilidge in one ear..... since then I outgrew it and now just the one in each lobe lol....
  •  

gina_taylor

I'm very observant, and I've noticed that when girls get their cartiledge pierced, they only get one ear done. Why is this?

Gina

•  

Leigh

Check out Camryn Manhiem who was in the tv show "the practice.  She  had 8 or 9 in one ear.
  •  

Alison

to tell you the truth, Gina, I dunno LOL.... It was just the fashion..... so thats what I did lol
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: gina_taylor on June 30, 2005, 11:20:48 PM
I'm very observant, and I've noticed that when girls get their cartiledge pierced, they only get one ear done. Why is this?

The first one hurt so bad that they didn't have the nerve to get the other one done  :)  Seriously though, you don't need a reason to do something you like.  If "You" like it, that's all that really matters hon.  I know that my daughter has odd numbers of holes in her ears, and wears odd earings.  She and her girlfriend go out and buy earings together then split the pairs up between them.
  •  

stephanie

I've been considering a tattoo on my back, something like those abstract curvy line things that I see people sporting nowadays.  My concern is that I hate needles with every fiber of my being.  I can't stand seeing someone getting a flu shot on the news.

Also wanted to get my ears pierced, but again with the needles.... argh I have to get over that some time.
  •  

4years

Well, there are two styles of getting your ears pierced that I am aware of, one is with a needle which I gather to be the preferred method, the other with a 'gun' which tends to be more common (not much training is needed to be proficient with it). Anyway given that, you would not have to go anywhere near a needle to get your ears pierced (=

I'm still torn between the gun and needle style myself. (I want two in each earlobe)
  •  

AllisonY2K

Gee, I hope I'm not the only one.....

I have a total of 10 piercings.
ears x3/each
nose
labret
industrial (counts as 2)

in case you are wondering the industrial is a piercing through 2 parts of your ear cartiledge. so it's 2 seperate holes joined by one actual piercing. the pic link below was taken like an hour after it was done so nevermind the redness. it really didn't hurt that bad.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/AllisonY2K/piercings/DSCN0518.jpg
  •  

4years

For what it is worth wikipedia's Earring entry has an illustration of the various types of ear piercing it seems. I'd not heard of an industrial until then and um...  :icon_yikes:
  •  

Kendall

I have both ears pierced now. I did it myself with a rubbing alcohol soaked safety pin and some effort.

If i get any tattoo it'll be cosmetic like permanent lip color, areola color, or one on the lower back upper buttocks.
  •  

Shelley

For me its just both ears pierced once in the normal manner and a rose about eight inches long passing through a heart on my right shoulder. Both came from bike riding days. Its amazing what you can wearunder leathers without it being obvious :). I don't think that I would go further and sorry but you can have the nose and lip thing. Maybe its just my age but no not for me.

Shelley
  •