News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

"Are you a boy or a girl?"

Started by icontact, October 17, 2008, 07:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iFindMeHere

Quote from: cindybc on October 20, 2008, 07:28:47 AM
Hi GQjoey Don't worry about me I rarely come into the F-M groups I am not usually confrontaional. But it just irritates me when someone makes it sound like, "Hey!" Look at me man!" me big warrior, look at all the mastodon's I killed today with my club. Sorry if offended but this transition journey is not a bed of roses, nore is it like dancing tip toe through the tulips with me game, for either gender dysphoric.
Cindy holds hat with long plume in both hands and bows respectfully then saunters off the stage gracefully.

Cindy 

YES THIS. And a lot of "you're not a real man if you don't x" which, due to being CRIPPLED!!!!! I am unable to do. As you provided the work example above--

I know when to swallow the immaturity. I am your typical type-a worker, I take ask questions and take notes when instructed and refer to them to make sure I get it right the first time, I'm enthusiastic, always up for something more to do or learn, etc. And regardless of my personal feelings, my boss is my boss. But I have a husband and child at home and if I give work the attention and energy deserving of employment and a paycheck, I become exhausted, enraged, eventually abusive (yes to my deep shame this is something I have done--NEVER again).

Oh and then there's the physical illnesses (like my renal system failing... getting pneumonia from a simple cold and taking 2 Z-packs in a row and STILL taking 2 months to recover basic functionality). Of course the exhaustion rage above by that time will have already made people around me uncomfortable, so between the two "it's just not working out" is something I've heard more times than I care to talk about.

And of course that revolting justification: I DON'T HAVE TO HAVE TACT OR APOLOGISE, I AM A MAN. That is so much CRAP. Males, especially caucasian males, need to be mindful of privilege and conscientious toward others.

Someone who poses as a role model could be considered downright abusive for forcing bullsh-- standards like that down the throat of one like me who's so early in their journey and has so many other things to contend with. I may not be a butch man, but I DO have the courage (again, lack of sexist language) to admit that 1) There are things I cannot do. 2) My identity is fragile right now. I don't need that kind of push, it'll only crush me.

Ever wonder why the more a man is loud and bullying and insistent, the less he can apologise? Why does that threaten so? Why can't a guy like that "Man it up" (OH MAH GAWD DID I SAY THAT I THINK I DID) and "take responsibility"?
  •  

Alyssa M.

Quote from: trapthavok on October 27, 2008, 10:04:21 PM
Oooo!!! Ooooo!!! Pick me Pick me!!!!

I would LOVE  a suga mama :D <3

Awww!

Sorry, dude, you're not my type -- I'm more into girls. ;)

Plus, I'm a grad student -- you could make more than I do working as a clerk at Kroger! :laugh: I'm the one who needs a sugar mama! But for now, all I've got is my rich uncle, Sam.

~Alyssa
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

cindybc

Hi iFindMeHere, I do so hear you loud and clear. Why do there have to be those who seem only to live to prove who is the big boss, and enjoy shoving the runt around to show off to his buddies how big a he man he is. or make the runt the butt of a joke at the expense of the victim. Big chief, the man, red neck, macho, chauvinist pigs etc. OK I'll stop right there. I could go on and on and even come out with worst metaphors but it wouldn't make me any better then they were if I did.

I'm just glad it's in my past and that my life as a woman has been well worth it and much more rewarding, and I have purpose in my life, not just an aimless transient life like I did before.

I will send prayers that all goes well in your journey through the balance of your transition.

Cindy

•  

mr_marc

If any one asks i go for the approach that'll make them back away slowly and wont ask again.
'eee what are yuo a boy or a girl'
Me: what ever it is, you have to promise me yuo have to suck or
or
meet me behind the bins in 5.

Shuts em up and they dont ask again =]
  •  

iFindMeHere

Quote from: cindybc on October 28, 2008, 08:49:09 PM
Hi iFindMeHere, I do so hear you loud and clear. Why do there have to be those who seem only to live to prove who is the big boss, and enjoy shoving the runt around to show off to his buddies how big a he man he is. or make the runt the butt of a joke at the expense of the victim. Big chief, the man, red neck, macho, chauvinist pigs etc. OK I'll stop right there. I could go on and on and even come out with worst metaphors but it wouldn't make me any better then they were if I did.

I'm just glad it's in my past and that my life as a woman has been well worth it and much more rewarding, and I have purpose in my life, not just an aimless transient life like I did before.

I will send prayers that all goes well in your journey through the balance of your transition.

Cindy

Please yes. Today has been horrid.
  •  

christov

•  

tekla

well then, Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

soldierjane

Quote from: tekla on October 21, 2008, 05:31:15 PM
Just remember, the goal is to have them walking away thinking "Gee, I'm sorry I asked."

QFT :P
  •  

Mr. Fox

Sometimes it is awesome being able to read French.
Oh yes, and here are three answers good for almost any question, and apply in an especially amusing way here:
That's for me to know and you to find out.
Takes one to know one.
I know you are but what am I?
  •  

icontact

Hardly online anymore. You can reach me at http://cosyoucantbuyahouseinheaven.tumblr.com/ask
  •  

iFindMeHere

Quote from: freespeechz on January 07, 2009, 07:54:07 PM
Haha Lane, Quoted For Truth.

i'm so dumb i thought you were quoting me. HAHAH Thanks man
  •  

Alyssa M.

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •