Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Non gender conformist attacks???

Started by Kinkly, January 18, 2009, 06:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinkly

I've been told by my shrink that if I present as my true self then I will probably get bashed has anyone else been told this and has any one recieved violence for not conforming to the Male/Female accepted presentation
I don't want to be a man there from Mars
I'd Like to be a woman Venus looks beautiful
I'm enjoying living on Pluto, but it is a bit lonely
  •  

Pica Pica

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Shana A

I've never experienced physical violence due to gender presentation, however I've had a couple of close calls, mostly verbal taunting.

Z
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

burgandy

Just curious, was your psychologist just presenting you with the facts or was it asking you to not be androgynous-looking?
  •  

tekla

I've had some people laugh, but hey, I'm told I'm a very funny person, no matter how I'm dressed.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Kinkly

Quote from: Burgundy on January 18, 2009, 07:49:15 PM
Just curious, was your psychologist just presenting you with the facts or was it asking you to not be androgynous-looking?
"If I wear very femine clothes with my beard then I'm probably going to get bashed so I should not wear clearly girl clothes"  so she thinks that they are facts
I've had giggles from stranges and strange comments from little kids
young boy - Mum why is that man wearing....
Mother - Shhhhhhhh
these times have made me smile
  •  

Lukas-H

I've never been physically threatened, but I don't always look androgynous either, but I do get some funny looks at times, probably from people trying to figure out if I'm a boyish looking girl or a slightly feminine looking boy :D

I like to cause confusion sometimes, because then it makes people think.
We are human, after all. -Daft Punk, Human After All

The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all. -Mulan
  •  

V M

Last month I had a guy get grabby at my goodie places in the parking lot of my apt.s. I finally pried him off and walked inside the lobby. So then he tried to attack me with a snow shovel. I did the duck and weave and ran away. While trying to hit me he set off a fire alarm. Several neighbors came out and found him with his pants around his ankles and clutching the fire alarm, trying to turn it off. The police wanted me to press charges. But I declined.

Two boys tried to rape me in the high school gym showers several years ago. They didn't get in much trouble. but were suspended and sent to therapy.
My step dad started teaching me Tia Kwon do and Jujitsu

Most other attacks were by muggers when I wasn't dressed. But I think they saw me as a target based on my fem. persona
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

tekla

My mouth started getting me in trouble long before my clothing choices, so I began with judo and karate, and then went into Shaolin, then perfected those skills working stage and club security.  By the time I was in college, if you were not a master or a linebacker, best of luck.
  •  

Pica Pica

When I moved to coventry, I spent two terms in a school that had a strict uniform where I was constantly harassed, not because I didn't wear the uniform, but because I wore it wrong. I had a neat tie, I had plain socks, I used to go around in a knee length brown leather coat, I had matching brown doc martin boots and I had a lemon yellow rucksack. All this was not conforming to either the school or the pupils views of the right accoutrements required, and so both staff and pupils pestered me about it. I ignored them.

Weirdly enough, the school before when I could wear whatever I wanted, and chose some pretty garish items of clothing and I was either ignored or complemented.

To this day I just regard it as an example of the extraordinary small mindedness of the coventry people.
  •  

tekla

That's why Churchill let the German's bomb the >-bleeped-< out of them without putting up a single plane to defend it.  (OK, I know there is another real reason, but I like mine more.)
  •  

Pica Pica

i made a new version of this popular song when i was there.

cov is burning
cov is burning
pour on petrol
pour on petrol
fire, fire
fire, fire
fetch the champagne
fetch the champagne
  •  

tekla

Just call the Luftwaffe, everyone like to play their greatest hits.
  •  

V M

Quote from: Pica Pica on January 19, 2009, 02:18:17 AM

I just regard it as an example of the extraordinary small mindedness of the coventry people.
Yeah, the bigoted judge mental conditioned Frick and Fracks
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

JonasCarminis

kinkly, i have not personally been in your situation, but i know someone who was.  he is a male bodied androgyne and he has a beard and wears womens clothing.  he was beaten up while walking home.  fortunately, it seems to be a very rare occurence with the people i know.  and i know quite a few gender non-conformists.
  •  

Kinkly

Quote from: Phate on January 18, 2009, 09:08:58 PM

I like to cause confusion sometimes, because then it makes people think.

I'm the same,
I also love the inosence of young kids
  •  

aisha

sometimes it can be kind of scary going out in a dress or something but nothing has ever happened, and then suddenly people will actually seem pretty supportive and understanding.. it really builds my faith in humanity to be around total strangers and feel like i'm totally at home. I guess its because people empathize more than you'd think.
  •  

Nicky

I have not experienced any violence but I have been around people that I would never want to be isolated with, you can see the violence simmering beneith their eyes - a kind of inhuman "must destroy" look. They just need the right trigger to ignite.

I'm fairly careful in simply avoiding possible situations. New Zealand is probably relatively safe too.

I never experienced much violence at school except for standing up for myself. I got more flak for being a bit of a nerd than anything else.
  •  

Constance

I've had snide comments and a few threats, but no actual violence ... yet.

Pica Pica

•