Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Non gender conformist attacks???

Started by Kinkly, January 18, 2009, 06:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomeMTF

I have experied only violance from some close person. And it has never been severe.  :embarrassed:

That is how ''all'' people do to trannies and assault that only leaves some little pain to few days.
  •  

Nicky

I think the pain inside lasts much longer.  :'(
  •  

cindybc

It does hurt, and it hurts to depths you may have never known before.  The more you evolve and grow to become in-touch with the innerself, the "true self," the more it is like being ripped apart from the inside out.

I don't know if the people doing the hurting realise they are hurting you that profoundly.  Somehow they believe that they are doing well by you and may do so by showing their lack of acknowledgment of your true, "new" self by still calling you by your old name or using the improper gender pronoun.

This form of teaching seems to be what loved ones know best:  cruelty.

Cindy
  •  

SomeMTF

I have met people (mostly female) that know that I am transwoman. Their attitude has been from neutral to supportive. However one of my (female) family member uses both physical and emotional violance and calls me then a freak, a >-bleeped-< or some other words. But I hope that it is only a stage that goes away.
  •  

cindybc

They either believe what they are saying or doing it in an atempt in trying to discourage you or are just straight out rejecting you for who you are. Either way it is certainly not being supportive. It is just plain being disrespectful, uncaring, and demeaning of anothers feelings, emotions. Regardless both ways are without much thought and empathy for your well being and happiness.

I to had way more women friends that were supportive then those that were none supportive, especially family, all I can say is crap on family!!! You'll get more support from friends then you ever will family. Eventually family may come around to be supportive, but there is just about as much of a chance of that happening as being able to breath underwater without the aid of under water breathing apparatus.

Cindy
  •  

Kinkly

Thanx for the replies I don't know how many are comenting on my situation or someone elses coment pls add my name or a quote to anything diracted to me thanks
I don't want to be a man there from Mars
I'd Like to be a woman Venus looks beautiful
I'm enjoying living on Pluto, but it is a bit lonely
  •  

cindybc

Sorry I was responding to Some MTF and Nicky I didn't check the beginning of the thread to see who posted it. I just stepped in where it ended, again my apologies.

Cindy

Post Merge: January 21, 2009, 02:11:07 PM

Anyone interested in continuing what we were discussing in the last three posts I have just opened a new thread in the MTF forums

How supportive were Family and Friends when you came out

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,54124.new.html#new

See ya there
Cindy
  •  

Jaimey

In regards to the original post:

Nope.  No one's ever bothered me.  But then again, I was 5'1" by the time I was 10, so yeah, I was bigger than most of the kids I was around.  And I'm from a small town where everyone knows everyone else.  There really wasn't much bullying there. 

But the trans group I go to (...sort of skipped this month, but anyway) are from an older generation and they meet in a really hidden place.  You can tell that they are really worried about that sort of thing.  The weird part is that they hide as much as they do, but they meet in the most liberal and accepting part of town (really, they'd be perfectly fine there).  I actually wondered around outside for about 15-20 minutes looking for the proper door and didn't find it until one of the girls from the group showed up.
If curiosity really killed the cat, I'd already be dead. :laugh:

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •  

Simone Louise

I grew up in an inner-city where it was common to be attacked by kids (strangers). Religion or androgeny didn't seem to have anything to do with it. I never mastered running, but learned to hold my own until the attacker got bored and moved on.

I have one fellow at work who taunts me for my long hair, but I've written about that, and only once did he do anything but talk. I refuse to change who I am to suit him.

Sometimes personal things disappear at work, e.g.: my jacket and water bottle. My jacket and ID card turned up at lost and found. I don't know who or why, but another water bottle disappeared today--from my coat pocket--leaving me sad and annoyed.

Quietly defiant,
S
Choose life.
  •  

Shana A

Quote from: Simone Louise on January 23, 2009, 09:41:58 PM
Sometimes personal things disappear at work, e.g.: my jacket and water bottle. My jacket and ID card turned up at lost and found. I don't know who or why, but another water bottle disappeared today--from my coat pocket--leaving me sad and annoyed.

Sorry about the harassment at work!

We could send the guard sheep after them   ;)

Z
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Eva Marie

Quote from: Zythyra on January 23, 2009, 11:05:09 PM
Quote from: Simone Louise on January 23, 2009, 09:41:58 PM

Sorry about the harassment at work!

We could send the guard sheep after them   ;)

Z

Excellent idea, those snarling sheep should send a message, dang it!
  •