Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How supportive is your family?

Started by Andrew, August 18, 2006, 05:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How supportive is your family of your transgendered identity?

Everyone I've told (with the exception of the people on this board or the internet) does not support my decision
7 (7.5%)
Only one family member is completely supportive
3 (3.2%)
I have about three family members who support me in my decision--the rest don't like it
8 (8.6%)
Most of my family members have mixed feelings about the whole thing
12 (12.9%)
I haven't told anyone yet!
10 (10.8%)
I've only told one or two people and they're supportive
11 (11.8%)
Everyone in my family completely supports me (lucky bitch!)
21 (22.6%)
My family does not support me, but my friends do
10 (10.8%)
I haven't told my family but I know they wouldn't support me
9 (9.7%)
Everyone I've told (with the exception of the people on this board or the internet) does not support my decision
2 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Christo

Evrybody's cool about it.  they knew I'm a dude.  no big surprise 4 nobody.
good reason 2 b dancin' :icon_dance:
  •  

KillBelle

very very supportive...i am extremely lucky especially coming from an asian family...eek
  •  

Brayden

Only one family member is completely supportive
  •  

Yakshini

Certain members of my family are supportive, most of the older members of my family members don't know. My father refers to me as his son, my younger sister calls me her brother, and the cousins that know are all supportive. Even my mother, who doesn't know I'm trans is supportive of me wanting to appear more masculine. Just yesterday she was talking about how I needed a hair cut, and right now it is at Justin Beiber length, which is long for a boy but short for a girl.
  •  

Tesseract Allen

I haen't told anyone yet but I get the feeling that a majority of the family I regularly talk to will end up suporting me. and then there's my Republican/christan/conservitive Mom. That ones going to be an interesting venture.
Twitter: Transmogrofied
  •