Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Admin Seems Extra Vigilant

Started by sarahkinnetz1984, March 15, 2009, 09:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahkinnetz1984

Just curious if after your first post, any one else got an e-mail from admin stating:

Posting for the sake of increasing your post count will result in the post being deleted. Take part in the conversations and it will pass by quite quickly.

I applaud the 15 post minimum and think it is a great idea... it makes me happy that they have a great method to eliminate trolling, but this highly irritated in that albeit my comments may of been more generalized due to being new and I happily through a message in a post on the 15 post minimum and one introducing myself... it really ticks me off that instead of asking me or informing me first, my posts are deleted.

Hats off to a great admin to be vigilant enough to actively seek out trolling but I'm curious if I'm the only one this has happened to as well as wondering on others opinions on this subject.

Thanks for reading and I hope no one takes this as the admin is doing a bad job, it's just something I think could have maybe been sent as an e-mail to me, or at the very least, write to me on an e-mail that can be replied to in appeal.

Thanks and Kisses,
Sarah
  •  

Nero

I imagine it was due to this post:

Quote from: sarahkinnetz1984 on March 15, 2009, 07:58:44 PM
I would imagine a thread like this is a good way to get one post...

That post gave the impression you were just looking to up your post count.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Susan

Quote from: sarahkinnetz1984 on March 15, 2009, 09:14:50 PM
Just curious if after your first post, any one else got an e-mail from admin stating:

Posting for the sake of increasing your post count will result in the post being deleted. Take part in the conversations and it will pass by quite quickly.

I applaud the 15 post minimum and think it is a great idea... it makes me happy that they have a great method to eliminate trolling, but this highly irritated in that albeit my comments may of been more generalized due to being new and I happily through a message in a post on the 15 post minimum and one introducing myself... it really ticks me off that instead of asking me or informing me first, my posts are deleted.

Hats off to a great admin to be vigilant enough to actively seek out trolling but I'm curious if I'm the only one this has happened to as well as wondering on others opinions on this subject.

Thanks for reading and I hope no one takes this as the admin is doing a bad job, it's just something I think could have maybe been sent as an e-mail to me, or at the very least, write to me on an e-mail that can be replied to in appeal.

Thanks and Kisses,
Sarah

Please review rule 2...
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

sarahkinnetz1984

Oh no, totally understand the rule and I am not in disagreement to it... I'll clarify... I was just saying that it would be a possibility that people would do that, not that I was intentionally bringing up my post count.  I'm sure it'll come along naturally and I wasn't meaning to increase it... I see the point in deleting it, it would of just been nice to be able to have a message saying 'what did you mean' rather than just plain deleting... but it was one post, and it was a stupid one at that so I'm not disagreeing with the action, just the method.
  •  

SarahFaceDoom

They do run a tight ship here.  Which is to everyone's benefit.  I've occasionaly accidentally crossed a rule or two here, and always gotten a friendly not to inform me of it.  It's nice to see that level of moderation on a message board, where they can take the time to send a personalized email for any infraction.  It really makes the community feel much closer.
  •  

sarahkinnetz1984

Oh totally, I'm surprised at the level of moderation (meant as a comliment.)  I am really impressed at how cleanly this forum is kept... although I do feel bad having broken the rules on my very first post, I'm very happy to be discussing it here... the openess and ability of moderators that this site has to keep trolling out is very nice and means a lot with my feeling of discretion I have to keep as well...
  •  

NicholeW.

Discetion may be best done on one of the closed areas, though, Sarah. The rest of the Forum is pretty wide-open to anyone.

Nichole
  •  

sarahkinnetz1984

Not sure what the last two notes are referencing but thank you for your input!
  •  

NicholeW.

My reference is that this is not a closed Forum. Anyone on internet can browse and read it. So discretion should be used in what you post and how on all of the open boards. The "Just For Us" boards are the only ones closed except to membership.

Nichole
  •  

tekla

And here I thought it was just the money I could have been saving using Gico.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

NicholeW.

For a bicycle? They cover bicycles as well, Kat? :laugh: I never knew!! :)

N~
  •  

tekla

Do I have to set fire to myself before you know I'm joking? (my boss one day)

(all of us) No, but it will help convince us.  Need a match?

And my bike is covered in the basic homeowners insurance package under its own rider, so that if anything would ever happen to it I could get another one just as good.
  •  

Genevieve Swann

Hopefully I'm not posting too often. I don't post for the purpose of increasing the count. Sometimes home life is boring so this is a nice place to be. The freindship found here is priceless.

NicholeW.

It doesn't seem that way, Genevieve. :) Haven't noticed any dead air from you. :)

Nichole
  •  

tekla

I think they only worry about that trying to get to 15 so they can post a pix, or the 50 that used to be required to get a blog, or the 100 posts where you get a flatware setting for five.
  •  

NicholeW.

Possibly that was the concern, but the flatware has now been discontinued and only after 10,000 posts do you now get crystal and Dresden china settings for eight. :laugh:

Nichole
  •  

tekla

I really like the Wedgwood better, but that's just me.  Just kidding, I'm a total Miska person.
  •  

myles

I was hoping to get a dinnerware set (thought it was at 5,000 posts?)to go with the flatware when I get there. Have they discontinued the dinnerware program due to the financial crisis? Please let me know as my heart is set on it!
Myles
Wait I see the dinnerware set is just now at 10,000 posts, darn should have put this  on a new post instead of modifying this one I would be one post closer.
"A life lived in fear is a life half lived"
  •  

imaz

10,000 posts! :o

One should get a free therapy session for addiction!
  •