Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

"guyshadow"

Started by Eva Marie, May 06, 2009, 11:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eva Marie

Has anyone seen todays USA today? They had a small section on "guyshadow". Apparently it is trendy now for guys to wear eyeshadow. They had pics of the american idol guy and pete wetnz and a couple of other people. Interesting.

I guess that some of us here are just ahead of the curve  :D
  •  

Ellieka

I actually heard about this a short time ago too. I understand they are coming out with a whole line of male cosmetics. the two I have read about are the guy-shadow and man-scara. It'll be interesting to see how many straight/metrosexual guys go for it.
  •  

Nero

alright! now i don't have to worry about looking strange with my guy-liner and manscara! 'manscara'. i like it!  :laugh:
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Pica Pica

Ian Dury used to do that

Gotta Love the Earl of Essex.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

TooManyToasters

Good thing I don't wear eyeshadow, then.
  •  

Sandy

Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode where they came up with a "Bro" for guys with manboobs?

I never saw it, I only heard about it.

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

Nicky

I wonder what colors they will have? And I wonder what style they will be expected to use? I suspect it will be just a one color thing - guys are not known for their makeup skills. (excluding Nero off course, he probably has a lifetime of skills in that area) 
  •  

Ellieka

Personally I think is kinda cool. I find guys with dark long eyelashes are kinda hot.
  •  

Simone Louise

I couldn't find the article in the online version of USA Today, so I googled guyshadow and manscara and found the following recent article in Al-Ahram http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2009/945/li1.htm about life in suburban Cairo.

S
Choose life.
  •  

Jaimey

Quote from: Simone Louise on May 06, 2009, 06:29:02 PM
Al-Ahram http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2009/945/li1.htm about life in suburban Cairo.

Wow.  That article was both interesting and horribly ill-informed.  I didn't realize that the American and European emo scenes revolved around orgies...considering that most emo kids are just that, kids...yeah. 

I definitely think there's a "lost in translation" issue going on with this article..."The Black Parade" is a rock album, not a religious belief...or at least I've never heard of it.  And the issues of rebelling against parents and religion is pretty much the same in Egypt as it is in America.  There were some pretty strange things written about the emo scene in Europe and America...

Oh well.  It was interesting to hear from an Egyptian emo kid and I'm always fascinated by cultural misunderstandings...

Personally, I LOVE a guy in eye makeup!  All those pretty little rock starts...gorgeous!  Davey from AFI is my favorite...

You know, even if I transitioned, I'd still wear makeup.  As Davey said, I wear it because it makes me look better...I think it's this interview...around 2:40.
If curiosity really killed the cat, I'd already be dead. :laugh:

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •  

Michelle.

Quote from: Sandy on May 06, 2009, 03:36:26 PM
Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode where they came up with a "Bro" for guys with manboobs?

I never saw it, I only heard about it.

-Sandy

It was called "the manzirre," if my memory is correct. Beeen awhile since I've seen that episode though.
  •  

Jaimey

The Japanese have created a bra for men too.  Apparently, it's a best seller...

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •  

Pica Pica

I read about that a while ago, i could do with one if i run the marathon i reckon.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

KYLYKaHYT

I personally think eyeliner (although not necessarily eye shadow) would look good on just about anyone, regardless of gender. It accents the eyes and I think it looks nice. 
ƃuoɹʍ llɐ ʇno əɯɐɔ ʇɐɥʇ
  •  

Fenrir

Yeah, but eyeshadow is a lot less stabbing-yourself-in-the-eye-with-a-pencil than eyeliner.  :D
In my opinion, a revolution in the kind of things it's acceptable for men to wear has been a long time coming. I'm glad.  :)
I read the Japanese man-bra article thing a while ago too, but I haven't seen that Seinfeld episode... I'm going to go and look that one up!
  •  

Ellieka

Sendhil Ramamurth in black eye liner would just be sooooo hot!

•  

Nero

Quote from: Pica Pica on May 07, 2009, 05:33:01 AM
I read about that a while ago, i could do with one if i run the marathon i reckon.

you could do with one daily.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Jaimey

•  

RebeccaFog

we went over this before.  I'd like to do it but probably won't get to.

:'(
  •  

Eva Marie

So, would a female find a guy wearing "guyshadow" sexy and attractive? Or kind of weird?
  •