Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

"Two" recommendations from psychatrists...???

Started by ixt2003, May 28, 2009, 04:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ixt2003

I plan to have SRS to Mr. Bellringer as I have mentioned before,but he wants 2 recommendations from psychiatrist and I didn't know that...

1 recommendation isn't enough?Will I have to be examined by another psychiatrist now??? GoD have MERCY on Us! I can't believe it...All the surgeons need 2 recommendations from psyciatrist? :embarrassed: :icon_help:
  •  

Michelle.

Oh, like yeah.

Your therapist didn't bring this up long ago?

Or your endo?

Nor did research on the subject of SRS?

Nor did possible registrations at other sites?

I'm going to very blunt.

IS YOUR ONE LETTER EVEN AUTHENTIC?
  •  

NicholeW.

If you check the WPATH Standards of Care the recommendations of two psychotherapeutic professionals are required. If your licensed therapist does one then a psychiatrist needs to do the other to verify that you are of sound mind and that in the opinions of both practitioners there's no psychosis that may be masking itself as GID.

The second letter is, as best I've ever heard, a letter that is rather perfunctory and just backs-up the first letter from the practitioner who's been treating you all along. The second letter is usually done after one session by the second person. Both letter-writers are NOT required to be psychiatrists, but may be.

Read the WPATH SOC. I believe you can find where to go and do so by checking the "LINKS" boards here.

N~
  •  

Flan

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •