Indifferent
16 (41%)
Could care less
0 (0%)
Find it Humorous
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

V M

Okay, it's been eight years since the 9/11 attacks. I think I'll be okay and go about things. But still I break down and start crying at various times during the day  :icon_cry2:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Mister

I find many statements from politicians about 9/11 to be pretty humorous...  blaming it on feminists, pro-choice'ers, the LGB, etc. 

I am mostly indifferent to 9/11 and mostly furious about the fake WMD-hunting that occurred using 9/11 as an excuse.
  •  

V M

Not only is the day itself very upsetting to me for personal reasons. The Govt's handling and the various ripple effects are upsetting for me as well  :(
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

heatherrose

My heart goes out to the families of those that were lost on 9/11/01.
My knees buckled as I thought of the 50,000 people (their estimate, at the time)
who had possibly perished as the towers collapsed. Now as I look back at all
the crap that we have allowed ourselves to be spoon fed and the trash
the was forced onto the rest of the world, because of "The Attacks",
all I can muster is a sigh of indifference.   

~Heather models her "Calvin Klien" aluminum lame' beret~
"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

Jay

•  

Miniar

I'm indifferent.

I don't feel strongly about death at all, even in cases of this level of violence. It just, doesn't do anything to me.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

FairyGirl

it's very tragic and it makes me cry to think about it. It doesn't make me angry and crying, just crying, so I didn't vote. :'(  I couldn't care any less about the stupid ignorant politics of it; all I think about is that thousands of mommies and daddies and sons and daughters had their lives snuffed out that day by insane religious extremists and words can't describe how horrible it was. I don't believe in hell, but for anyone who used this tragedy for their own political agenda or gain or monetary gain or any gain whatsoever I'll make an exception and hope there's a special fiery hot place for them all.

Post Merge: September 11, 2009, 08:03:17 PM

thank you for adding the other option Virginia :-*
Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

Walter

I'm indifferent to it. But it still doesn't set well with me. It was a tragedy
  •  

tekla

I for one was glad to see those responsible, Ossma bin Laden and the Saudi Royal Family brought to justice for..... what?.... nevermind.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

heatherrose

Hence the sigh of indifference.

Quote from: heatherrose on September 11, 2009, 06:43:14 PM~Heather models her "Calvin Klien" aluminum lame' beret~

"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

Janet_Girl

I feel sad for the 3000 lost. And the thousands killed to bring those responsible to justices.

We shall never forget.
Janet
  •  

V M

Why am I so angry and cry?

Other than the loss of thousands of folks and thousands more over the years...

Not only did I loose a friend, (a person that took a genuine and respectful interest in me and had asked me to go with them for that trip to NY) I lost my job at the time. A few months later one of my cars was repo. Then I was made to live in my van and my credit rating got jacked up.

Well now I have a place again and things are getting better in some ways

Will I ever fully recover or forget? Never

I wear my NY Yankees cap with pride

I couldn't even make it to the market and back without crying today

- V M
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Virginia Marie on September 11, 2009, 09:54:09 PM
Why am I so angry and cry?

Other than the loss of thousands of folks and thousands more over the years...

Not only did I loose a friend, (a person that took a genuine and respectful interest in me and had asked me to go with them for that trip to NY) I lost my job at the time. A few months later one of my cars was repo. Then I was made to live in my van and my credit rating got jacked up.

Well now I have a place again and things are getting better in some ways

Will I ever fully recover or forget? Never

I couldn't even make it to the market and back without crying today

Sorry for your loss, Virginia. I was far from the events and knew no one affected. I can understand why it's still hard on you after what you went through. <big nero hugs>
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Alyssa M.

I find it interesting that this year, with 9/11/09 falling on a Friday, the words "September eleventh" have seemed to lose their sting; that is, I've heard of various events scheduled for the day without the kind of cringe-factor it evoked in years past. I think all of those unfortunate souls with birthdays on 9/11 can go back to being able to celebrate on that day.

I am still appalled and saddened by what happened that day. The effects of our nation's ill-begotten response on the people of Iraq go beyond appalling to the point of mind-numbing. (Afghanistan is a different and much more complicated story, in my opinion, though also a terribly sad one.)

For the year or so after 9/11, I would read the Portraits in Grief section in the NY Times, and invariably end up in tears at the almost banal ordinariness of the lives of those who died that day. I sometimes imagine a similar but much larger section of obituaries for all those who have died needlessly as a result of the American response to the attacks.

--

F**k the Yankees.  >:-)

Other than that -- I'm sorry for your loss. My sister lost a friend that day as well. :'(
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

Curious George

Some of this language is not good for her to wake up to
  •  

LordKAT

My pain of that moment is because USA was warned of the attacks and chose to do nothing and warn noone. Bush sucked.
  •  

Curious George

•  

Hannah

Quote from: LordKAT on September 12, 2009, 02:51:51 AM
Bush sucked.

Remember when he wanted to use nuclear tipped missles that burrowed to destroy underground bunkers in Iraq? That's when I realised he had lost his mind. As if exploitation of their natural resources and violation of their sovereignty wasn't enough he wanted to use borrowing nuclear bombs.

He and President Cheney really do belong in a war crimes tribunal.
  •  

Curious George

Yes, George W. Bush did not make many good decisions and bungled several things. But is that a reason to hate everyone named George?
  •  

Julie Marie

When it happened, I was shocked.  Today, I shake my head in sadness and wonder how anyone can hate that much.

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •