Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Upcoming Star Trek MMO

Started by Amy85, October 15, 2009, 03:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy85

I have been following this game for a little while now, and it's nearing the open beta phase so I'm getting excited enough to want to talk about it!  ;D

It's set 30 years after Star Trek Nemesis, and the two factions are Federation and Klingon which are apparently at war in this setting. Half the gameplay is flying your ship around space and the other half is "away missions" to planets, other ships and space stations. There are a few videos on youtube of the demo that they presented at PAX earlier. It'll have all the most popular ships from the tv shows, fleets (guilds) and common areas to hang out such as Deep Space Nine, Quark's bar and all.

www.startrekonline.com

•  

Washu Chan

I have read good things about this game on the net, It will be on my must purchase list when it hits the shops.
  •  

Janet_Girl

Looks interesting.  If I had a better connection I would get online.  I would love to be a female Klingon Officer.  ;)

Janet
  •  

Washu Chan

I was thinking of being a starfleet medical officer when they bring this out.
  •  

Lachlann

Hope you don't mind me reviving this.

I just signed up for a potential beta spot today. I'm not really into the lore of Starwars, but it seems like an innovative game. My only worry is that it's going to be too individual as an MMO.
Don't be scared to fly alone, find a path that is your own
Love will open every door it's in your hands, the world is yours
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers will unfold
What are you waiting for, spread your wings and soar
  •  

insanitylives

Quote from: Tristan H. on November 26, 2009, 07:45:06 AM
Hope you don't mind me reviving this.

I just signed up for a potential beta spot today. I'm not really into the lore of Starwars, but it seems like an innovative game. My only worry is that it's going to be too individual as an MMO.

Star TREK, get it right. Gosh.

*wishes he didn't have to have a life*
  •  

Lachlann

Quote from: insanitylives on November 26, 2009, 07:48:05 AM
Star TREK, get it right. Gosh.

*wishes he didn't have to have a life*
*headdesk* Ugh, I'm sorry. I haven't slept, you'll have to forgive me.

I've heard of it, but haven't really divulged further.
Don't be scared to fly alone, find a path that is your own
Love will open every door it's in your hands, the world is yours
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers will unfold
What are you waiting for, spread your wings and soar
  •  

Miniar

Well, there's also a starwars MMO in dev.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Amy85

My enthusiasm for this game took a nosedive when I read the system req's for it... I'm going to have to find $800 or so to get a new computer if I want to play, and it's coming out on Feb 2nd so there isn't a lot of time left.
  •