Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Kim Petras

Started by Megan, December 26, 2009, 01:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: Nero on December 30, 2009, 12:01:47 PM
This.
I figure there's a reason we all transitioned when we did. Life's a journey, not a race. Maybe we had to go through some things in our birth role to more appreciate our new lives in the end.

There might be reasons but not necessarily the right reasons and most of us older transitioners would have loved to be in the position to transition at such an early age as Kim has been able to do.

My experiences in my birth role were horrendous and getting badly beaten up at school for looking feminine isn't my idea of a fun time!
Living in the real world, not a fantasy
  •  

icontact

Wow, she is CUTE. ;D

I transitioned very early as well so I don't think I would have done anything different. Of course, transitioning the summer before high school would have been optimal but I am well satisfied with how it did turn out. Definitely wish everyone lived in an accepting environment like mine that allows such early transition.
Hardly online anymore. You can reach me at http://cosyoucantbuyahouseinheaven.tumblr.com/ask
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: Sameth on December 31, 2009, 05:16:05 PM
Wow, she is CUTE. ;D

I transitioned very early as well so I don't think I would have done anything different. Of course, transitioning the summer before high school would have been optimal but I am well satisfied with how it did turn out. Definitely wish everyone lived in an accepting environment like mine that allows such early transition.

I think things are much better now than when I was growing up in the 1970's.
  •  

spacial

Quote from: Naturally Blonde on December 31, 2009, 06:33:48 PM
I think things are much better now than when I was growing up in the 1970's.

Amen to that. And the 60s for that matter.

For so many of us, the frustrations of society's attutudes are a matter of fact.

I really hope we can build a better society for those who will follow us.
  •  

MeghanAndrews

Quote from: K8 on December 30, 2009, 08:20:12 AM
I am really happy for Kim, but I am really happy to be myself.  How wonderful there are at least two happy people in the world.

Make that three! Why look back when there's new ground to burn :) Meghan
  •  

Alyssa M.

Quote from: Naturally Blonde on December 30, 2009, 09:54:24 AM
You are very lucky to have understanding and supportive parents. For most of us this wasn't the case and although I had the same feelings at 13 I wasn't allowed to speak about them. If I had the opportunity to deal or speak to someone about my GD issue's at 13 I would have ran with it..

Supportive? Yes, kind of. They were a lot better at helping me learn algebra than acknowledging and discussing any problems I might have been having. But understanding? Hell no!

I wasn't able to talk about much of anything at that age, I was such a wreck, and it didn't matter because in my family we almost never discussed anything of consequense. I didn't even know how to talk about things that mattered. And it sort of didn't matter that I hated being a guy, because I hated just about everything else about my life too. The only thing that made me happy at all was nature, being outdoors. Transitioning didn't seem like it would solve much, and I didn't have the strength to do it, nor meaningful support.
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

Tristan

a little yea. i mean it would have been alot more fun in junior high if i could have had one of those salty guys. but whatever, everything is ok now so im happy :)
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: Alyssa M. on January 01, 2010, 04:35:28 PM
Supportive? Yes, kind of. They were a lot better at helping me learn algebra than acknowledging and discussing any problems I might have been having. But understanding? Hell no!

I wasn't able to talk about much of anything at that age, I was such a wreck, and it didn't matter because in my family we almost never discussed anything of consequense. I didn't even know how to talk about things that mattered. And it sort of didn't matter that I hated being a guy, because I hated just about everything else about my life too. The only thing that made me happy at all was nature, being outdoors. Transitioning didn't seem like it would solve much, and I didn't have the strength to do it, nor meaningful support.

I felt a bit like that as well. I felt so depressed for so many years I didn't feel I could actually transition and it was out of reach. I also like nature and the countryside and it was my only sanctary for a long time. If I went out with male friends I was kind of there but not really there. The guys I knew were checking out the girls and I was just thinking I wanted to be one of the girls. I actually told the guys what I wanted to do and they understood far more than I thought they would. I nearly transitioned much earlier in my life but something held me back although all the time I was experimenting with hormones and trying to move forward in small steps.
  •  

rejennyrated

Quote from: spacial on January 01, 2010, 11:06:13 AM
Amen to that. And the 60s for that matter.

For so many of us, the frustrations of society's attutudes are a matter of fact.

I really hope we can build a better society for those who will follow us.
Some of us from the 60's were lucky but it was undoubtedly harder, not least because in the 70's the medical profession as a whole seemed far less sympathetic. Happily things started to change in the 80's.
Quote from: Naturally Blonde on January 02, 2010, 06:12:56 PM
I felt a bit like that as well. I felt so depressed for so many years I didn't feel I could actually transition and it was out of reach. I also like nature and the countryside and it was my only sanctary for a long time. If I went out with male friends I was kind of there but not really there. The guys I knew were checking out the girls and I was just thinking I wanted to be one of the girls. I actually told the guys what I wanted to do and they understood far more than I thought they would. I nearly transitioned much earlier in my life but something held me back although all the time I was experimenting with hormones and trying to move forward in small steps.
Strangely enough I understand that too. Even from the perspective of having completed my journey at age 24 I look back and think that if I had only played things differently, I might have been able to complete my journey even earlier.

Bottom line I am pleased that at last people like Kim are starting to break through. Personally I hope that one day all transpeople will be able to be properly diagnosed and those who need to do so will transition and have treatment in childhood.
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: rejennyrated on January 03, 2010, 05:34:26 AM
Some of us from the 60's were lucky but it was undoubtedly harder, not least because in the 70's the medical profession as a whole seemed far less sympathetic. Happily things started to change in the 80's.Strangely enough I understand that too. Even from the perspective of having completed my journey at age 24 I look back and think that if I had only played things differently, I might have been able to complete my journey even earlier.

Wow! 24 is pretty early to finish your journey! Apart from a little dabbling I didn't get officially started till I was 42..
  •