Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

PLANTS ^.^

Started by bellbell, April 24, 2010, 05:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin

I've tried growing mangos but once they were a foot high they died, they are prone to disease apparently ...my areas is nothing but bugs and disease :(
  •  

bellbell

ate a mango :P

then got a big plate and a small plate, put some water on the big plate, put the mango seed(after drying for 3 days) on the watered plate and covered with the other place and kept it in a warm area. its not the normal type from the store, it was a very tiny variety(forgot the name though)

after it sprouted fiarly well, i planted it, ima move it into a tree pot in a few days (when i go to town) with some new soil so itll have room to stretch its roots.

Post Merge: May 30, 2010, 10:08:04 PM

Quote from: Muffin on May 30, 2010, 10:05:27 PM
I've tried growing mangos but once they were a foot high they died, they are prone to disease apparently ...my areas is nothing but bugs and disease :(

eeeep, im looking into desiese protection now...thanks for the heads up!

its pretty hot hear so not too many bugs usualy
"
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Miniar

hum, I should try that...

I really want a mango tree...

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

bellbell

mango trees all around! :p

gota get some pics of your lil baby sprout if you get it! :)
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Miniar

Oh ofcourse.

I should go around the yard and photograph my things.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

bellbell

thated be awsome :P

looking foreword to some awsome pics  ^.^

Post Merge: June 02, 2010, 04:34:27 PM

got it moved, in a nice big pot now ^.^ its leaves are lookin better each day, annnnnnd

dono if i mentioned this yet but i got some new seeds(spearmint, lemon balm, and chamomile) and the (mint or chamomile, both in the same pot so could be either or :P) has a little sprout already ^.^

Post Merge: June 04, 2010, 04:25:43 PM

"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

HelenW

These are my crocuses that bloomed a number of weeks ago - the plants behind them are daffodils: http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z161/emelyew/P1010226.jpg?t=1275687873

This picture of of some of my daffodils - I cut them and brought them into the house for mah sweetie!  http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z161/emelyew/CopyofP1010250.jpg?t=1275688248

This is my Arbor Vitae with a little friend peeking out from behind my shed:  http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z161/emelyew/P1000376.jpg?t=1275687981

Here's a pic of the azalea bush next to my front door:  http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z161/emelyew/P1010271.jpg?t=1275687789

I have more but we'll leave it at that for now.  :)

hugs & smiles
Emelye
FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

V M

That's great stuff Emelye

We's want MORE!!!  ;D

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Osiris

I have a few plants I care for. None of the ones I have going right now but this is an old poinsettia I had during christmas which went out of season pretty fast-

I have a red one still growing new leaves, but I have to get a pic of it to upload. :P
अगणित रूप अनुप अपारा | निर्गुण सांगुन स्वरप तुम्हारा || नहिं कछु भेद वेद अस भासत | भक्तन से नहिं अन्तर रखत
  •  

bellbell

yeah, what mary said, more pics eme :P very nice ^.^

and you too osi :p pretty plant you got there ^.^

Post Merge: June 05, 2010, 09:05:34 AM

heya!

i planted some desert wildflower seeds :P bought them at the kelso depo(little museum kinda thing accross the street) gift shop, package says it contains:

desert bluebells--->

california poppys--->

firepinwheels--->

bladderpod--->

tidy tips--->

fivespots--->

and arroyo lupine--->

im exited :p
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Osiris

Not a great shot but the place I normally keep my poinsettia is behind stuff so I had to find another window to take pics of it. :P

It's still growing new leaves. It's actually fuller now than it was when I bought it before Thanksgiving last year.
अगणित रूप अनुप अपारा | निर्गुण सांगुन स्वरप तुम्हारा || नहिं कछु भेद वेद अस भासत | भक्तन से नहिं अन्तर रखत
  •  

bellbell

my baby desert wildflowers and the last ones baby Mango :p
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

V M

I wish I had some plants like this  ;D

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

bellbell

i thought you were gona say thats what you were growing lol XD hell for a sec when i checked today, that little star looking plant looked like a pot leaf....was like oh my, i think my seeds got cross-contaminated:p
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

V M

I had some luck with a few green beauties in younger days, but there is no way I could get away with it where I live now... LOL

Yeah, it was that star shaped leaf in your pic. that reminded me  ;D

- V M
  •  

bellbell

lol :P

they are pretty neat looking plants all other things aside :p
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

bellbell

my desert wildflower plants came up very nicely ^.^ and theres one i think of my parsly and chives which look like a rockstars hair, kinda tangly and long and just wild lol

no blooms yet though :p
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Shang

Plants!  I love plants.  I inherited two of them from my parents.  One requires weekly watering (that's my ivy, also known as the Jesus plant because it revives in 3 hours after being watered if I forget) and then I have this one that's a small garden-thing.  I have no idea what it is, but requires watering once a month and can go up to 4 months without being watered--it was never watered when my dad was deployed because it was in his work office.

Next I'm going to get a Venus Flytrap because of bugs and because they're so cool!
  •  

bellbell

you gota get some pics up if you can, ivys always pretty neat :p

careful witht he flytraps, i hear(and see) that they dont last long, gota find the secret of keeping them alive an tell me cuz they are awsome lol
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Shang

Definitely!  I know, roughly, how to take care of the bug catching plants--at least how to take care of wild ones.
  •