Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

PLANTS ^.^

Started by bellbell, April 24, 2010, 05:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Audrey

fly traps are quite challenging to grow. the key is the soil has to be an acidic ph and made up of a mix of sand and peat.  fertilize with anything and theyll die. feed them too big a bug and the trap will die.  they also must have a dormant winter period to thrive.  Almost more trouble than its worth unless youre a fanatic.  I stick to marijuana, given the right conditions the return is well worth the trouble.  >:-)
  •  

STRM

Quote from: LukasGabriel on August 26, 2010, 04:10:13 PMI have this one that's a small garden-thing.  I have no idea what it is, but requires watering once a month and can go up to 4 months without being watered--it was never watered when my dad was deployed because it was in his work office.
Are you sure it's not a cunningly-disguised garden gnome?  ;D

Mostly I grow cacti and my dad grows food plants, but I've managed to accumulate some herbs anyway. The last one, bought entirely by accident, was unlabeled and 10p on the clearance rack. I only bought it for the pot and ended up with a veronica plant. I also bought a Cosmos Pink which had some green growth in the pot, but it's some other plant entirely. Maybe the tubers are still alive underneath, so I won't disturb the pot until next year.
  •  

bellbell

herbs are great, fresh herbs in cooking is awsome, been using the fresh parsley im growing which is REALLY turned out good, very strong noticable flavor and scent, as well as some fresh herbs from the neighbors garden. i should buy some new seeds get some goodies growing :P
"
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

bellbell

a status update :p

(pics may take time)

in order:

1 and 2: my desert plants. dono what kind they are, they came mixed in a seed pack.

3: tarragon

4: chamomile

5: chives..there was parsley but it died, but the chives were dying when the parsley was thriving...now they're thriving

6 and 7: tree, and close up of budding leaves

8: heirloom tomato plant

9: mint

10: boo boo :3
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

bellbell

more of the tree
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Devlyn

•  

V M

Your plants look very nice Bell Bell and Boo Boo looks like a sweetheart  :)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

bellbell

i found out what the wildflowers are: california poppies and desert bluebells. i just started 2 new pots of wildflower seeds, hopefully the other types survive this time. the pack comes with:

bluebells, poppies, firewheels, bladderpods, tidy tips, five spots, and arroyo lupine(i want this one)
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

bellbell

exciting update :)

the California poppies(the feathery ones that share the pot with the green leafy guys) now have flower buds....blooms on the way ;)
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •