Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Should of made the bet...!

Started by Chaunte, August 12, 2005, 01:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaunte

Nowadays, I am a science teacher.  For the last couple of years, I have made bets with my students regarding meeting the 90% pass rate on the state exam.

This past year, my students couldn't think of anything to bet except getting my head shaved.  (I've spent the past 2 years growing my hair below my shoulders, so I don't think so!)  I thought about offering to get my ears pierced, but at the last second I chickened out.

Alass, if I had made the bet, I would be able to wear dangly earrings instead of clip-ons....

Arrrrgh!
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Aaaaaaaaaah those missed oportunities.  But there's nothing stopping you from getting it done now.  These days it's quite accepted for everyone to get their ears pierced.  It's what you put in them that may bring comments  :)

Chat later,

Steph
  •  

Chaunte

Well........

There are two things holding me back at the moment from getting my ears pierced. 

First, I'm already getting some interesting comments such as "Why do you have your hair pulled back like a girl?" and "Are you wearing lipstick?" (Actually, it is colored lip gloss from Burt's Bees.)

Second, my family does not approve of my female self.  (You should have seen what happened at Halloween!)  This would be sooooo way over the top. 

However, having the bet "might" mitigate this last problem.

I'll have to try in June.

Chaunte

[edit] just fixed up the ittalic's tag[/edit]
  •  

rochellelarie

I would just like to say that you should do whatever you want for yourself.  You don't need anyones approval including your families.  Granted it is nice to have your families approval but not neccessary.  What is neccessary is for you to be happy.  So be happy and stay true to you.  Maybe soon you will have a new picture with dangling earrings (and not clip-ons) who knows.
  •  

Shelley

Hi Chaunte,

That is exactly how I got my second ear pierced.I had already had my left ear pierced and lost a bet for my second. If anyone asks now I tell them I lost a bet. I also did this with shaving my legs the first time.

Shelley
  •  

Sheila

When I got my first piercing, I was still working. The establishment had this rule that male were not allowed to have earrings, they still have this rule. So I had to put a bandaid on my ear until it was healed enough to be able to take it out. Did I look stupid, and when customers asked how I cut myself on my ear lobes I would tell them the truth. Most would go away shaking their heads. I have now 4 piercings in my ears, 2 in each.
Sheila
  •  

Chaunte

Hi, everyone!

While I would love to do some of these things without some sort of guise, it's not practical at the moment. 

So, it's a new school year and time for a new bet...

I mentioned "The Bet" to my students today.  One of the "macho-man" sophmore boys shouted out, "What about wearing a skirt to school?!"

:icon_mrhappy: Oh, break my heart!   How many times do I "have" to do this?  What!  All school year?  Well, if I must...  :icon_female:

Chaunte

:icon_evil_laugh: "Excellent!  Everything is working according to plan, Igor!"

:eusa_shifty:"Yes, Mistress!  Working perfectly."

"Quickly, Igor!  Back to the laboratory.  There is still much to prepare...!" :icon_evil_laugh:

(I'm not a mad scientist.   :icon_evil_laugh:  I'm just terribly, terribly upset!)
  •