Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Today On July 2nd

Started by Cristóbal, July 02, 2011, 11:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cristóbal

Usually familiar knocks are sound from the back door but today I got a knock from the front. When I opened the door, what were  strangers..is my half sister and her family. I wasn't introduced first though, she asked for my sister so I assumed she was related to her boyfriend and I left to go fetch her. As my sister stepped outside I sat back down continuing whatever I was doing. And, suddenly my sister came bursting in, telling me to go say hi. I of course asked who it was and got the answer I least expected.
      An outburst of confusion stewed with uneasiness engulfed my head. I approached them with a smile and greeted her husband along with her three children and finally her. My mother had me sit in front of  her and I listened to the to the best extent of my knowledge ( I for one am not really good at understanding spanish) The stories they'd talk about of course dealt with superstitious and of course my father.. in fact a lot of the stories had to do with my father.  Most of them dealt with of course his selfish acts of lust, abandonment, and money. I learned so many things..He even told my half-sister that if she ever even went to go visit us that we'd kick her out. I always looked up to my father, I was praised by him as a child but to look up to such a liar.. disgusted me.

I haven't even come out to my mother about being trans. My plans were to gather as much hate as possible ( I know this sound extremely selfish but Its the only thing I could think of to move on) and abandon my family to go transition elsewhere. But today was an eye opener, I never realized how blind I was. What did took guts..I can't abandon my family. Its too heartless, but I don't  want to be a burden..
I'm lost, I'm stuck..I dont know what to do.

•  

justmeinoz

I'd start by giving them a big hug, and getting to know them.  :'( :)
After what you have all been through, I am sure they will be glad to get to know you.

Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Cristóbal

Quote from: justmeinoz on July 03, 2011, 12:08:27 AM
I'd start by giving them a big hug, and getting to know them.  :'( :)
After what you have all been through, I am sure they will be glad to get to know you.

Karen.
Well thank you for the advice but I'm not much the spanish speaker ): and she and her family originally came from mexico, only her son knows a bit of english, though he's still learning. Thank you though :')
  •  

Taka

love will built the parts of the bridge that language can not. i've managed to communicate with no common language at all, you can get to know people just by staying around them. don't worry about language, and do things with them that don't have to involve too much talking
  •  

spacial

THis is my suggestion.

Your family needs you. They have reached out to you. To push them away now will devestate them.

You owe it to yourself and to them to stand by them. Eventually, you should simply tell them. Perhaps wait till you feel more comfortable with such intimate issues. But they have reached out to you in need.
  •  

Amazon D

I don't know what i would do but unless your able to house them i would make sure you can survive and not get booted for taking them in if thats what your saying? Did they just want to come to trash your dad or ask you for a place to live. remember there are two sides to every story. I am not saying they are wrong but your no good for anyone if your homeless.
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•