-

Started by cryan91, January 03, 2012, 02:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cryan91

-
-
  •  

Cindy

I get mine done professionally and she has moved them further apart and more line with the tear ducts, but they are also quite thin. I have to get them tinted so they stand out more. But you have more 'Brooke Shield' eyebrows and they look really good in my opinion.

Cindy
  •  

mixie

I agree I think you look good the way you are,  but eyebrows grow back and I'd maybe try just a small step to see how it looks.
  •  

wheat thins are delicious

Quote from: cryan91 on January 03, 2012, 02:08:22 AM
What I found interesting was that everyone says that (assuming for bio females) your brows are supposed to start parallel to the tearduct/shouldn't go past the tearduct towards the nose.

Eyebrows aren't supposed to do anything but grow in as they grow.  Society's standards of what eyebrows are supposed to do is another issue.  I personally love your eyebrows and think you are really cute with them.  but maybe I have a deeply buried eyebrow fetish.

•  

kelly_aus

I get mine done professionally like Cindy does. (Not at the same place though..  ;) ) And she usually leaves mine a little closer together than my tear ducts, not a huge amount, just a little..

My mother was so impressed by the eyebrows I end up with that she now goes to the same place.. :)

I think yours look just fine..
  •  

fionabell

You are a cutie indeed. Well done for that.

As for the eyebrows, you don't need to do anything with them but I think you should. It'd take you from completely passing to absolutely passing.
  •  

Joeyboo~ :3

You'll look odd if you try to "move" your eyebrows somewhere else.
They grow in that way for a reason.
I don't get it, but it always looks best just to stick with your natural shape.

I'm not saying you can't thin them out, just don't widen them.
My brows come close together too, so do a lot of Indian women.
  •  

Tazia of the Omineca

I don't have eyebrows because I hate them, I draw them in with designs, or words, or just some nice almost real looking eyebrows.
  •  

Rosa

Quote from: Cindy James on January 03, 2012, 02:23:26 AM
I get mine done professionally and she has moved them further apart and more line with the tear ducts, but they are also quite thin. I have to get them tinted so they stand out more. But you have more 'Brooke Shield' eyebrows and they look really good in my opinion.

Cindy

What kind of place do you go to for eyebrow tinting, and how long does it last?  That might be my answer to light and sparse eyebrows.
  •  

Stephe

I read they should start from a line straight up from your nostril, the high point should be on a line from nostril through pupal and end at a line from nostril to edge of your eye. Most people (myself included) try to start too high, above the eye socket ridge. They should start below this bone ridge and cross over it. The shot in my profile was a while ago, since then (left shot) I lowered where mine start and even in this other shot they are too thin in the starting point. A good way to practice is to buy some eyebrow templates off ebay. I have almost no eye brows so I pencil in basic shape, dust powder over them and then come back with a narrow brush with brown eye shadow to fill them back in.

Still refining my makeup and look. BTW the orange top shot was about a week post op from nose surgery, the green top one is about 3 months post op. HRT has filled in cheeks some which helped with wrinkles too :)

•  

Annah

i got to the point where I just haphazardly pluck em now cuz im in a hurry.....but when I first set out a template for my eyebrows I jus plucks from the bottom of the brow and made sure there was no unibrow going on

This is the best eyebrow pic I think i have because my bangs are so long now that its hard to see em:
  •  

Stephe

Quote from: cryan91 on January 03, 2012, 02:08:22 AM
What I found interesting was that everyone says that (assuming for bio females) your brows are supposed to start parallel to the tearduct/shouldn't go past the tearduct towards the nose.

I would not do that. This is more like what I do, but I use the inside edge of nostril as the lower reference point.

http://www.examiner.com/spa-treatments-in-minneapolis/high-brow-your-guide-to-perfect-eyebrows

for some examples of how NOT to do your eyebrows http://bodyartbyrns.com/makeupsamples.html lol
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Robertina on January 18, 2012, 08:56:18 PM
What kind of place do you go to for eyebrow tinting, and how long does it last?  That might be my answer to light and sparse eyebrows.

Just a standard beauty shop that does waxing, nails etc. The tinting seems pretty permanent, I suppose I go back every 6-8 weeks? just to get my brows reshaped, and I get them tinted at the same time. Probably because I'm liking then getting darker. It also hides the grey :laugh:. Just don't look in the mirror while the tint is on, it looks terrible :laugh: sort of like Groucho Marx :laugh:

It takes about 15 min to get shaped and tinted and costs me about $20.

I'm very happy with the results.
  •  

Seyranna

Let me enlighten you with a fact that doesn't seem to be known in this thread:

Shortening your natural eyebrows is pure blasphemy. The longer your eyebrows are, the sexier and more attractive you'll be.

My threader and some of her customers are all bloody jealous of my eyebrows because they are 2.5 inches long. She fiercely refused to shorten them and since I was a guy I never plucked too much and plucked the wrong way like pretty much 90% of cis women do since they are like 16 yers old so my shape is the very best and natural it can be. I had a pretty intense arch for a guy though which probably helped to feminize my brows.
  •  

Felix

Quote from: Andy8715 on January 03, 2012, 02:35:23 AM
Eyebrows aren't supposed to do anything but grow in as they grow.  Society's standards of what eyebrows are supposed to do is another issue.  I personally love your eyebrows and think you are really cute with them.  but maybe I have a deeply buried eyebrow fetish.
"Eyebrow fetish" is the coolest phrase I've heard in days. :D

I like your eyebrows a lot too. Maybe you could shape them but I wouldn't shorten them if I were you.

When I was trying to pass as female I would occasionally pluck some of the hairs that grow in between my eyebrows, but it mostly wasn't noticeable. I don't think that part of my face in my profile pic looks any different than it did when I pruned it to look girlier. I've never shaped my brows though.

I shaved them for awhile when I was younger, but I was taking a lot of acid back then and reading too much kafka.

I'm mostly german, fwiw. I know ethnicity affects hair patterning.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Keaira

my eyebrows are like yours. Most people complain at me for them being too thick so i find it interesting that they haven't brought this to my attention.

I pluck mine and will usually shape them to thin out towards the outside of the face, but fuller towards the middle of the face. I don't like having pencil thin eyebrows.
  •  

susanewing

Any good salon will shape (wax) them for you. This service is inexpensive.
  •  

Dahlia

Quote from: Andy8715 on January 03, 2012, 02:35:23 AM

Wow!! A fellow eyebrow fetishist! I have the very same fetish, I adooooore men with heavy, dark brows!

On women and MTF I like full, natural eyebrows, perhaps a bit shaped but consisting of hairs, not drawn on pencil lined thin eyebrows...it tends to make one look cheap, dumb,  harsh, whorish PLUS in case of a MTF it emphasizes male facial features.

Tattood eyebrows...ugh! Way too 'solid' looking, harsh too!

I myself keep my eyebrows dark and wide like Elizabeth Taylor  or Audrey Hepburn had them during the  late 50's, early 60's.

I dye my eyebrows in a mild brown colour containg NO traces of red, to emphasize them....since I have dark hair but blonde, almost transparent eyebrows :-(

Btw: the narrower the distance between your eyebrows above the root of your nose...the more narrow set your eyes will look like.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Cindy James on January 03, 2012, 02:23:26 AM

Cindy

Purple might look nice  ;)

Of course, I'll need to go with orange:

•  

Edge

I'm faab and my eyebrows are thick and past the tear ducts.
And I agree that you are beautiful. A lot of you girls are beautiful and I'm not just saying that.
On the subject of funky eyebrows, my high school drama teacher had eyebrows like the orange guy except he brushed them up and to the sides. He looked like an angry Santa Claus.
  •