Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Getting in straight clubs as newly transitioned

Started by Alainaluvsu, March 25, 2012, 11:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alainaluvsu

I don't go out often, but when I do, I like going to straight clubs more than gay clubs (I get more looks at the straight clubs than gay clubs). However, my DL picture was taken before I started HRT and before I transitioned (which I'm only part time in transitioning. I look quite a bit different now for 1, but for 2, the obvious worry is they'll see a girl in front of them but ... a guy on the ID. Has anybody had to get around that before? My license isn't due for renewal for another 3.5 years. Maybe I should just get an ID card?

What's everyones experience in this?
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

•  

Jeneva

Can you just ask for a replacement license?  I know in TN there is a set process to allow for a new license to be issued (with the same date).
Blessed Be!

Jeneva Caroline Samples
  •  

Alainaluvsu

I'm not sure. Louisiana *I think* doesn't allow it unless you change name, addresses, gender, etc.

I was thinking about it, and I may ask for an ID card instead.

•  

Stephe

Quote from: Alainaluvsu on March 26, 2012, 07:12:03 AM
I'm not sure. Louisiana *I think* doesn't allow it unless you change name, addresses, gender, etc.

Just tell them you lost it. There isn't anything illegal about losing one :)
  •  

JenJen2011

Quote from: Stephe on March 26, 2012, 07:45:44 AM
Just tell them you lost it. There isn't anything illegal about losing one :)

+1

If not, then just say f"ck it and use your current ID like I did when I first started transition.
"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

Alainaluvsu

Well the thing is... I'm not presenting full time. I may need that male ID if I get pulled over or go somewhere presenting male.

•  

Stephe

Quote from: Alainaluvsu on March 26, 2012, 08:07:45 AM
Well the thing is... I'm not presenting full time. I may need that male ID if I get pulled over or go somewhere presenting male.

It's why you tell them you lost it... You will end up with 2. If there is a problem with having 2 of them for some reason (I'm not up on all the current ID's and how they are recorded/bar codes etc), just go get a state ID card with a different picture on it. I would not use your present drivers license as "id" when you go to get it tho, they might not like you having a different picture on one than the other..
  •  

Jeneva

Quote from: Stephe on March 26, 2012, 01:42:17 PM
It's why you tell them you lost it... You will end up with 2. If there is a problem with having 2 of them for some reason (I'm not up on all the current ID's and how they are recorded/bar codes etc), just go get a state ID card with a different picture on it. I would not use your present drivers license as "id" when you go to get it tho, they might not like you having a different picture on one than the other..
Be careful with this.  You will likely have to sign something saying it is lost and lying on a govt form isn't really a good idea.  I know I had to present my old license when my name changed and they punched a hole in it. 
Blessed Be!

Jeneva Caroline Samples
  •  

Alainaluvsu

Quote from: Stephe on March 26, 2012, 01:42:17 PM

Good idea... I was gonna do this! Til Jeneva shot it down :(

•  

Bird

Can't you change the ID picture to something a bit neutral?
  •  

Jeneva

Quote from: Alainaluvsu on March 26, 2012, 04:49:54 PM
Good idea... I was gonna do this! Til Jeneva shot it down :(
http://www.dmv.org/la-louisiana/replace-license.php

You can get a replacement.  It is up to you if you want to try and keep your old one.
Blessed Be!

Jeneva Caroline Samples
  •  

Alainaluvsu

•  

Tammy M

Just get a new ID card with your updated picture on it.  I haven't gotten a new one since I began transitioning but I will this summer at the time of my birthday even though the licence is not up for renewal.  I called the NCDMV that issues my licence and asked them if I could come in and have an updated ID with a new picture as my appearance has changed.  They said it would be fine to match the government photo ID with a picture that reflects how you look noweven if its in your "guy mode" you probably look different now.
http://tammyworld2012.blogspot.com/

tammy.matthews.7@facebook.com

•  

Rabbit

Heehee, I had this problem at the airport the last time I had to fly.

The guy was checking my ID and ticket... looked at me... then said just a minute as he called over another TSI person. I was just grinning the entire time going "Is there a problem? What, is it the longer hair that is throwing you?"

•  

Jamie D

Quote from: Alainaluvsu on March 25, 2012, 11:30:31 PM
I don't go out often, but when I do, I like going to straight clubs more than gay clubs (I get more looks at the straight clubs than gay clubs). However, my DL picture was taken before I started HRT and before I transitioned (which I'm only part time in transitioning. I look quite a bit different now for 1, but for 2, the obvious worry is they'll see a girl in front of them but ... a guy on the ID. Has anybody had to get around that before? My license isn't due for renewal for another 3.5 years. Maybe I should just get an ID card?

What's everyones experience in this?

•  

Cindy

Jamie D,

I thought the TIS would try to question you.
' Now doll, what does a Grecian earn'

Sorry plastered.

I was just marbling at my pun.

I'd better frieze right there.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Cindy James on April 10, 2012, 03:52:00 AM
Jamie D,

I thought the TIS would try to question you.
' Now doll, what does a Grecian earn'

Sorry plastered.

I was just marbling at my pun.

I'd better frieze right there.

That one knocked the air right out of me. ::)

Plastered??
Marbling??
Frieze??

Have you been drinking?
  •  

Cindy

Your avatar,
I got carried away with the comments of what would happen if you showed your avatar as ID.

:embarrassed:
  •  

Cadence Jean

I like the idea of "losing" your license, and switching between depending on how you are presenting.  I didn't think to do that, it's a great idea - though I never ran into any issues using girl pic'ed license in guy mode or vice versa prior.  I really don't see how you can lose with this one - they'll never know that you didn't legitimately lose your boy pic license.
to make more better goodness

I have returned to recording on TransByDef!  Watch us at: https://www.youtube.com/TransByDef
  •  

JessicaH

You can also ask for an ID that is not a drivers license and just dress as fem/andro as possible for the photo. Or just do the same for the DL.  If you give your old DL  to a cop and he says anything, just say you found after getting a replacement and didn't think anything of it. Just be careful since louisiana cops (especially city or parish) can be a real pain in the ass. I know some cool ones down in Cameron area but they may not be so cool if they didnt know me or remember the thousands that I've paid them..     
  •