Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Hips and HRT

Started by NotThereYet, May 28, 2012, 02:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotThereYet

Hi there!

Would anybody be able to tell me what HRT has done/is doing for their hips? How fast, if any, do hips grow wider once one is on HRT?

Thanks in advance for your kind resonses! :-)

Andi
  •  

Keaira

I think someone said that, past 20, you wont get any changes to the hips. The bones are fused together.
  •  

eli77

I'll answer here rather than in the other thread:

Quote from: Andi on May 28, 2012, 02:45:20 PM
One thing though: how did your get your curvy hips? ;-)

Many prayers to the demon gods below...

Actually, just genetics. And while the bones won't change past puberty, your fat distribution may. I started pre-HRT at a 26" waist and 35" hips and 128lbs - significantly underweight for my six feet of height. I'm now at a 27" waist and 37" hips and 140lbs - low-but-healthy weight. I've been on HRT for about 17 months. And I was 26 when I started.

So basically I started lucky and got a bit luckier. On the other hand I'm still pretty flat-chested. You can't have everything, right? ;)
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Sarah7 on May 28, 2012, 04:52:39 PM
I'll answer here rather than in the other thread:

Many prayers to the demon gods below...

Actually, just genetics. And while the bones won't change past puberty, your fat distribution may. I started pre-HRT at a 26" waist and 35" hips and 128lbs - significantly underweight for my six feet of height. I'm now at a 27" waist and 37" hips and 140lbs - low-but-healthy weight. I've been on HRT for about 17 months. And I was 26 when I started.

So basically I started lucky and got a bit luckier. On the other hand I'm still pretty flat-chested. You can't have everything, right? ;)

I'm jealous  :icon_mrgreen:
  •  

wendy

Hips were 38 inches prior to hormones and 38 inches seven years later.  My family has small hips.  I still have an athletic build having digested 50 pounds of muscle. 
  •  

=celestica=

Quote from: Keaira on May 28, 2012, 03:04:50 PM
I think someone said that, past 20, you wont get any changes to the hips. The bones are fused together.

Started at 17 1/2, hopefully I'll get some growth.

28 waist and 33 hips so far!
*Latina genetic powers activate*
  •  

Renee D

When I had quit smoking for almost a year, I gained some weight and my hips got up to about 39 inches from 35 inches, but I started back smoking and then got a job where I am pretty active and on my feet, so I lost about twenty pounds and now my hips are down to around 37. I'm lucky enough that I am thin, not real wide shoulders and a good waist. I started hrt at 40 and am now 49. I want to quit smoking again and hopefully I can put some of the weight back on as I am around 134 or so now at 5'10".
  •  

grrl1nside

Well, I am not on HRT yet and I'm kind of an oddity I think. Right now my natural waist is 31" my belly just below the belly button is about 34.5 and my hips are 40. I think I may end up with a rather large behind on hrt... I'm curious to see how much hrt is impacting everyone. All the boys and girls in my family have thicker legs and wide hips. Now, if only I could get rid of that little bit of belly fat and love handles/muffin top. LOL... There is something to be said for loose shirts!
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Aeris on May 28, 2012, 07:36:30 PM
Started at 17 1/2, hopefully I'll get some growth.

28 waist and 33 hips so far!
*Latina genetic powers activate*

For 33 inch hips, your ideal feminine waist would be 23 inches.

33 x 0.7 = 23.1
  •  

=celestica=

Quote from: Jamie D on May 30, 2012, 12:11:29 AM
For 33 inch hips, your ideal feminine waist would be 23 inches.

33 x 0.7 = 23.1

Oh wow.
Body, what the hell man?

I need a corset, gonna break them ribs in.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Aeris on May 30, 2012, 12:18:24 AM

Oh wow.
Body, what the hell man?

Waist cincher
  •  

Butterflyhugs

Quote from: Aeris on May 30, 2012, 12:18:24 AM

Oh wow.
Body, what the hell man?

I attempted to do corset waist training. Got down a few inches, but couldn't stick with it through to my ultimate goal. I like breathing too much  :'(
  •  

Nov413

While my mum has smaller hips, the rest of my family seems to have larger ones.
I just hope that I get lucky, probably won't happen though.
In terms of the whole bone thing, how late can one start and still hope to get any hips?
"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air." - John Adams
  •  

wendy

Quote from: ShiningStar on June 09, 2012, 12:06:20 AM
While my mum has smaller hips, the rest of my family seems to have larger ones.
I just hope that I get lucky, probably won't happen though.
In terms of the whole bone thing, how late can one start and still hope to get any hips?

Bones are set by about 21; however fat distribution is determined by genetics.

I know of one massively muscular genetic male that got fat injections into behind because behind was tiny.

However after a few years of HRT her behind got enormous.  She jokes about it now.

Even if your bones are set your fat distribution may give you "illusion of big hips" from HRT.

My hip bones are at 38".  Women in my family are apple shaped and strong.  I remain apple shaped and strong.  My muscle mass has been dramatically reduced but fat distribution remains that of my genetics. 
  •  

Nov413

Quote from: wendy on June 09, 2012, 11:04:00 AM
Bones are set by about 21; however fat distribution is determined by genetics.

I know of one massively muscular genetic male that got fat injections into behind because behind was tiny.

However after a few years of HRT her behind got enormous.  She jokes about it now.

Even if your bones are set your fat distribution may give you "illusion of big hips" from HRT.

My hip bones are at 38".  Women in my family are apple shaped and strong.  I remain apple shaped and strong.  My muscle mass has been dramatically reduced but fat distribution remains that of my genetics.

Ok, thanks!
Which means that I have little room still.
"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air." - John Adams
  •  

wendy

Quote from: ShiningStar on June 12, 2012, 01:34:48 AM
Ok, thanks!
Which means that I have little room still.

Hmm.

My weight has increased dramatically and hips have grown from 38 to 40 inches.

My breasts are getting bigger too.

I need to try to lose some weight but I do love to eat.

My guess are hips will go back to 38 inches when I lose twenty pounds.

I have gone back to corseting at night.  It helps compress stomach which suppresses appetite.
Corseting during day is superior as most are awake 16 hours and will eat during waking hours.

Here's how you get hips:
1.  Genetics.  This one is just luck.
2. Hormones.  If you start as teenager you may get some skeletal changes in hips otherwise just fat (re)distribution.
3. Surgically move your fat which is highly successful but expensive and has some surgical risks.
4.  Get implants which is risky.
5. Corset to get smaller waist which gives illusion of bigger hips. (True corseting is not about being "too tight".  It is about long periods of training.)

Finally you can eat large amounts of chocolate and get "big" which increases hips but is solution I did not want to increase hips.

Bon appetit. 
  •  

Nicolette

Over a month period, my hips' circumference has increased from 38" to 39" solely due to butt exercises. But they haven't increased much in width. My butt sticks out more from behind. I'm hoping it will eventually have an impact in width. More hip abduction exercise may help there. My waist is 29". I'm more concerned about balancing hips against shoulders.

I really hate where the fat goes when I put on weight. So that option is out for me. Unless I go for fat transfer.
  •  

A

I started HRT at 20 (and 360 days). At ~4 months in, despite my weight not having changed a lot (I'm trying to lose some though) and in the absence of specific exercises... All considering that on touch, little to no fat redistribution seems to have happened...

My hips have widened a bit. I can't say how much - I didn't take a measurement before - but their circumference is now 93.5 cm = 36.8 in.

There's a visual difference and, above all, my clothes fit differently. My previously perfectly fitting jeans are actually a little tight on the hips and it hurts a little sometimes. There are also many pairs of shorts that don't fit anymore in the waist/hips area, despite me having bought them at pretty much this very weight.

I can just hope that 1. I'm not imagining this and 2. it continues.
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

Nov413

Quote from: Felicitá on June 12, 2012, 11:20:17 AM
Over a month period, my hips' circumference has increased from 38" to 39" solely due to butt exercises. But they haven't increased much in width. My butt sticks out more from behind. I'm hoping it will eventually have an impact in width. More hip abduction exercise may help there. My waist is 29". I'm more concerned about balancing hips against shoulders.

What kind of exercises have you been doing?

Quote from: A on June 12, 2012, 01:12:21 PM
I started HRT at 20 (and 360 days). At ~4 months in, despite my weight not having changed a lot (I'm trying to lose some though) and in the absence of specific exercises... All considering that on touch, little to no fat redistribution seems to have happened...

My hips have widened a bit. I can't say how much - I didn't take a measurement before - but their circumference is now 93.5 cm = 36.8 in.

There's a visual difference and, above all, my clothes fit differently. My previously perfectly fitting jeans are actually a little tight on the hips and it hurts a little sometimes. There are also many pairs of shorts that don't fit anymore in the waist/hips area, despite me having bought them at pretty much this very weight.

I can just hope that 1. I'm not imagining this and 2. it continues.

Oh, wow. That's really good.
  •  

Nicolette

What exercises? I'm trying to hit everything at the moment. It's a bit experimental.

Barbell squats
Barbell hip thrusts
Cable hip abduction
Hamstring curls
Butt blaster
Situps

May try barbell lunges and side lunges soon.

I refuse to do any workouts to my upper body, so squats with dumbbells are out. Anything with dumbbells are out.

I don't want to lose the layer of feminine fat I do have as I need that to soften the muscle. I'm keeping away from the defined muscle look. So the goal is to increase the circumference of my bum and upper thighs whilst maintaining as little muscle as possible in the upper body. If I get another inch increase in butt size then I'll believe it's really working and not some water retention issue.  :laugh:
  •