Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shantel

Quote from: Apple Sprout on August 09, 2013, 02:12:37 AM
unhappy: Yesterday I forgot my frontal hairpiece at work and i almost had to use the wig again

Happy: I got to use my cap until I could recover the hairpiece

The cap works, you're cute!
  •  

ZoeM

A coworker made some very 'I'm a guy who's kinda attracted to you and very embarrassed about it' overtures at me. Stuff of the "I'm sorry I acted strangely yesterday and I think you noticed even though you didn't" variety.
Don't lose who you are along the path to who you want to be.

•  

Shantel

Quote from: Joules on August 09, 2013, 10:31:05 AM
LOL Zoe.  That makes perfect sense in a kinda-sorta way, but not really/yes really.  I feel twinges of passion for some of the MTFs in my support group, I feel like a traitor there sometimes.

Don't feel that way, attractions are normal!
  •  

ZoeM

Quote from: Shantel on August 09, 2013, 10:56:29 AM
Don't feel that way, attractions are normal!
The gals you're attracted to prob'ly wouldn't mind, either - if you actually say something.

•  

Shantel

Quote from: ZoeM on August 09, 2013, 11:08:50 AM
The gals you're attracted to prob'ly wouldn't mind, either - if you actually say something.

Oh and by the way Zoe, did I ever tell you that I think you're cute?  ;D :D :laugh:
  •  

ZoeM

•  

Heather

Quote from: ZoeM on August 09, 2013, 10:21:27 AM
A coworker made some very 'I'm a guy who's kinda attracted to you and very embarrassed about it' overtures at me. Stuff of the "I'm sorry I acted strangely yesterday and I think you noticed even though you didn't" variety.
Hey at least you know you look good Zoe! When a man knows your trans and still has a bit of a crush on you that is a positive sign.  :D
  •  

Makalii

A boy walked up to me.

"Can I ask you a question?"
"Yes?"
"Why are you dressed like a girl?"

It was kind of nice that someone at least noticed I looked different... But I was too surprised at the question to offer an intelligent answer... and of course now I'm wishing I could go back to that moment now that I have a better response...
- Circus Girl
- MtF
- Pre-HRT (for now)
- Call me Maka  ;)

For how could I ever ask someone to love me as a woman for my body, if I can't even love my body as a woman for myself?
  •  

V M

An individual at my apt.s who caused me a lot of grief with my immediate family and was a constant source of irritation and harassment for several years passed away this morning

I am torn between feeling sad for anyone to pass away and celebrating that I will never have to be bothered by this jerk (Bluto) again
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Crusty Old Fart on August 10, 2013, 07:13:12 PM
An individual at my apt.s who caused me a lot of grief with my immediate family and was a constant source of irritation and harassment for several years passed away this morning

I am torn between feeling sad for anyone to pass away and celebrating that I will never have to be bothered by this jerk (Bluto) again

I was in a similar situation. I went to the wake, paid my respects to the living, did a quick loop around the funeral home and left. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Crusty Old Fart on August 10, 2013, 07:13:12 PM

One crusty old fart to another, I can completely relate to your sentiments, although I like Devlyn's approach by taking the high road and paying respects to the living who also had to put up with him all those years. Who knose, they may be experiencing a sense of relief as well.
  •  

V M

Does this mean I shouldn't pass out party favors?

Sorry, I'm terrible, but this person was rather cruel

To feel any grief at all would be like grieving over an Al-Qaeda member imo
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Crusty Old Fart on August 10, 2013, 09:33:21 PM
Does this mean I shouldn't pass out party favors?

Sorry, I'm terrible, but this person was rather cruel

To feel any grief at all would be like grieving over an Al-Qaeda member imo

Obviously no-one can have had your experience and so you are certainly entitled to shun the entire party without feeling any guilt over it. Glad it's over and past history for you now. (Hugs)
  •  

V M

Quote from: Shantel on August 10, 2013, 08:33:48 PM
One crusty old fart to another, I can completely relate to your sentiments, although I like Devlyn's approach by taking the high road and paying respects to the living who also had to put up with him all those years. Who knose, they may be experiencing a sense of relief as well.

I reread this and it makes sense, there are several people who were bothered by this guy also and we did chat a bit and most seem to feel about the same

An odd combined sense of sadness and relief

I'm actually not sure if there are any services scheduled for him or not, that will probably take a few days

- V M
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Crusty Old Fart on August 11, 2013, 08:39:57 AM
I reread this and it makes sense, there are several people who were bothered by this guy also and we did chat a bit and most seem to feel about the same

An odd combined sense of sadness and relief

I'm actually not sure if there are any services scheduled for him or not, that will probably take a few days

It always makes one wonder how and why anyone would want to spend their lives tormenting others with their poisonous attitudes. What perks are possibly in it for them to make it worth becoming such a turd in everyone's soup and wind up being so universally unloved?
  •  

V M

Quote from: Shantel on August 11, 2013, 08:59:37 AM
It always makes one wonder how and why anyone would want to spend their lives tormenting others with their poisonous attitudes. What perks are possibly in it for them to make it worth becoming such a turd in everyone's soup and wind up being so universally unloved?

It is difficult to understand, but I think it starts early like in high school or maybe even earlier

That's what he reminded me of, a high school bully

Possibly their home life was a bad influence

- V M
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Joules on August 11, 2013, 09:32:02 AM
It's about control.

What a sad commentary on one's life that they would give up their soul and tarnish any memory of themselves in exchange for the dubious thrill of controlling others.
  •  

Shantel

A neighbor two blocks away had a party with a loud PA system, band and a DJ. The base boom, boom,boom shook my windows, loud yelling and screaming went on until 11:30PM. I looked out as I was preparing to call the police and noticed everyone else's lights on as well and a police cruiser slowly driving by. Someone beat me to it, the noise ceased just before I was forced to run amok!  >:-)
  •  

V M

Quote from: Joules on August 11, 2013, 09:32:02 AM
It's about control.

Nice to have you back VM, now where's that avatar we all love?

NVM, lol.  Great choice btw, as always....

Thank you  8)

Quote from: Shantel on August 11, 2013, 09:50:49 AM
What a sad commentary on one's life that they would give up their soul and tarnish any memory of themselves in exchange for the dubious thrill of controlling others.

Self control is a virtue, feeling the need to control or take power over others is a sign of insecurity and weakness imo

- V M
  •  

big kim

Had a great time at my nephew's wedding except I was the only veggie there and everything had meat in it.
  •