Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FTMDiaries

Went out to lunch with m'colleagues to toast someone who is about to get married. The food was great, the drink was great, the company was great... until somebody pulled out their iPhone and started passing it around, showing off a photo of one of my male colleagues dressed as a fairy princess, which was taken at a social event a while ago.

Cue much transphobic joking and laughter amongst my usually awesome colleagues... about how comfortable he looked in a dress, how much the look suited him, how much the colour brought out his eyes, how someone should tell his wife, how he should hand in his man card, etc. etc. etc.

One - just one - of my colleagues had the grace to look a little bit embarrassed that this was happening right in front of me.

Sigh. Even awesome colleagues can be douches sometimes.  ::)

•  

Shantel

Quote from: FTMDiaries on September 03, 2013, 09:38:29 AM
Went out to lunch with m'colleagues to toast someone who is about to get married. The food was great, the drink was great, the company was great... until somebody pulled out their iPhone and started passing it around, showing off a photo of one of my male colleagues dressed as a fairy princess, which was taken at a social event a while ago.

Cue much transphobic joking and laughter amongst my usually awesome colleagues... about how comfortable he looked in a dress, how much the look suited him, how much the colour brought out his eyes, how someone should tell his wife, how he should hand in his man card, etc. etc. etc.

One - just one - of my colleagues had the grace to look a little bit embarrassed that this was happening right in front of me.

Sigh. Even awesome colleagues can be douches sometimes.  ::)

Unfortunately that is all learned behavior that comes down from parents. I am guilty of once making a disparaging remark concerning a certain person's sexual preference and about cops in front of my kids when they were young when I was having an explosive anger moment about something. The kids picked up on it and so it was passed on to yet another generation. I regret that, but once you let an arrow fly it's out their doing it's destructive work.

So FTM there you were sitting in the midst of someone's adult children who were acting very immature and feeding off one another's learned nastiness. It's going to take a long time and a lot of careful introspection and self control by parents whose kids will one day be adults before this problem goes away.
  •  

MadeleineG

•  

King Malachite

Unhappy- Saw some bug moving along the floor but couldn't find my glasses in time to identify the creature.  By the time I found my glasses it was gone.  I got scared thinking it was a spider as something told me it was.

Happy- When I turned my tv off while getting ready for bed I saw that same creature crawling on the wall and my suspicions about the identification of the creature was confirmed, therefore, I moved into neutralize the threat.  This has made me happy now.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

FTMDiaries

Quote from: Shantel on September 03, 2013, 10:05:35 AM
So FTM there you were sitting in the midst of someone's adult children who were acting very immature and feeding off one another's learned nastiness. It's going to take a long time and a lot of careful introspection and self control by parents whose kids will one day be adults before this problem goes away.

Agreed. And I know they didn't mean anything by it. It's just that this is the kind of casual, everyday transphobia that makes all our lives so bloody difficult.   ::)

•  

FTMDiaries

A DJ on a local radio station referred to British MtF celebrity Lauren Harries as 'that man-lady'.

I phoned in to complain... and the DJ rang me back on my mobile to apologise personally. Profusely.

•  

Shantel

Quote from: FTMDiaries on September 05, 2013, 04:36:58 AM
A DJ on a local radio station referred to British MtF celebrity Lauren Harries as 'that man-lady'.

I phoned in to complain... and the DJ rang me back on my mobile to apologise personally. Profusely.

Way to go, zero tolerance for nasty stuff!
  •  

FTMDiaries

Quote from: Shantel on September 05, 2013, 05:44:02 PM
Way to go, zero tolerance for nasty stuff!

Thanks Auntie Shan! :)

I hate confrontation... but I can't let a comment like his slide. Especially in a city with thousands of trans* residents, many of whom face daily bullying & threats due to this sort of thing being promoted in the media as an acceptable way to talk about a woman who transitioned many years ago. A woman who was once attacked in her own home by a gang of transphobes.

•  

AdamMLP

•  

Makalii

I had my first time passing today from close up! :D I was at comic con and I was all dressed up as a genie and this man with a camera walked up and asked me what I was dressed up as. (I was in too much of a hurry to shave so I just wore black tights and a black close fitting shirt underneath my red genie costume) when I responded, he said "woah, you're a guy. I totally did not see that coming.) I told him I was trans and he said he could tell. So on the bad side, my voice definitely gave me away, and the man didn't seem to understand that being trans meant I in fact wasn't a guy, but on the good side,
For the first time close up and for more than just a quick glance I was passing!!!!! :D!!!!
- Circus Girl
- MtF
- Pre-HRT (for now)
- Call me Maka  ;)

For how could I ever ask someone to love me as a woman for my body, if I can't even love my body as a woman for myself?
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Makalii on September 06, 2013, 11:14:56 PM
I had my first time passing today from close up! :D I was at comic con and I was all dressed up as a genie and this man with a camera walked up and asked me what I was dressed up as. (I was in too much of a hurry to shave so I just wore black tights and a black close fitting shirt underneath my red genie costume) when I responded, he said "woah, you're a guy. I totally did not see that coming.) I told him I was trans and he said he could tell. So on the bad side, my voice definitely gave me away, and the man didn't seem to understand that being trans meant I in fact wasn't a guy, but on the good side,
For the first time close up and for more than just a quick glance I was passing!!!!! :D!!!!

Pretty cool experience even for a genie!  ;D
  •  

Edge

I had a really cool dream... that I can barely remember...
  •  

King Malachite

Happy- School is cancelled today so I can sleep in

Unhappy- My driving teacher has strep throat.  That's why.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Malachite on September 09, 2013, 10:53:26 AM
Happy- School is cancelled today so I can sleep in

Unhappy- My driving teacher has strep throat.  That's why.

Just as well, you don't wanna get that!
  •  

JillSter

I haven't had any alcohol or cigarettes in a month, but I'm drinking tonight.

I feel good. But I know I'll hate myself tomorrow.

F**k you future me. We're drinking tonight!

But we're not smoking! :icon_drunk:
  •  

JillSter

Quote from: Jillian on September 09, 2013, 08:59:05 PM
I haven't had any alcohol or cigarettes in a month, but I'm drinking tonight.

I feel good. But I know I'll hate myself tomorrow.

F**k you future me. We're drinking tonight!

But we're not smoking! :icon_drunk:

Yep. I called it.

>:(
  •  

Darkie

I lost my job today but when my SO left for work I immediately changed into my boy clothes.  I feel so much calmer right now and managed to get in a little cat nap.
Courage is the power that turn dreams into reality.
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

I have a job interview tomorrow at Value Village (aka Savers).  Not sure I want to go back to work right now.  That will probably help in the interview since I won't have as much anxiety about getting hired.  Happy because I like Value Village and it will give me money to spend there.  Unhappy because it means I'm going to be working my ass off with school and work for the next month and a half.
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

big kim

My replacement bank card for the one I lost arrived early.My wages didn't show up on time (again)
  •  

janis

Hi,

Last week I was going to a flea market, and I asked the man what time
   does the market open he said 9.00 mam, I said what, he said sorry miss.
      That made me feel really good.

Janis

•