Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FTMDiaries

My biceps are aching. But it's self-inflicted pain, because last night I blasted the living daylights out of them with a pair of dumbbells after the kids had gone to bed.

•  

Shantel

Quote from: FTMDiaries on September 11, 2013, 09:06:13 AM
My biceps are aching. But it's self-inflicted pain, because last night I blasted the living daylights out of them with a pair of dumbbells after the kids had gone to bed.

Check out the article entitled "Bashing Binaries" posted in Arts and Entertainment by Learnedhand. Heather Cassils has a totally resculpted physique through hard work and determination.
  •  

Night Haven

My AP Psych class is stellar, AP Lang isn't too bad, and AP Bio is one of my favorite subjects~

However, they're all on the same day. With Latin. *Drowns in homework*
-Fight for the changes you want to see made; become the changes you want to see in the world.-

-The world is worse enough as it is; let us be and let be. Let's stop spreading hate and start spreading acceptance...-
  •  

Darkie

Quote from: Night Haven on September 11, 2013, 07:49:45 PM
My AP Psych class is stellar, AP Lang isn't too bad, and AP Bio is one of my favorite subjects~

However, they're all on the same day. With Latin. *Drowns in homework*

Yikes, Latin?  And I thought ASL was hard. ;.;
Courage is the power that turn dreams into reality.
  •  

Night Haven

Quote from: Darkie on September 11, 2013, 09:25:36 PM
Yikes, Latin?  And I thought ASL was hard. ;.;

I've actually been wanting to learn ASL... Might actually switch over if I can; don't think I'm going to be able to handle Latin this year, and I've gotten all my language credits already.  :P

It's not too bad, just a lot of memorization. Our old teacher was great, but unfortunately for us she moved (but awesome for her - moved and got married, so stellar~), and our new one is starting us off with Caesar... And no review. None at all, though we weren't assigned any summer work. *Sigh* It's probably because our class is merged to upper level Latin, though - 3, 4, and AP.

*Sigh* Definitely going to have to see about a schedule change - everything else is pretty decent, and I don't want to mess that up, so hopefully there'll be something available...
-Fight for the changes you want to see made; become the changes you want to see in the world.-

-The world is worse enough as it is; let us be and let be. Let's stop spreading hate and start spreading acceptance...-
  •  

Darkie

Quote from: Night Haven on September 12, 2013, 07:43:28 PM

I've actually been wanting to learn ASL... Might actually switch over if I can; don't think I'm going to be able to handle Latin this year, and I've gotten all my language credits already.  :P

It's not too bad, just a lot of memorization. Our old teacher was great, but unfortunately for us she moved (but awesome for her - moved and got married, so stellar~), and our new one is starting us off with Caesar... And no review. None at all, though we weren't assigned any summer work. *Sigh* It's probably because our class is merged to upper level Latin, though - 3, 4, and AP.

*Sigh* Definitely going to have to see about a schedule change - everything else is pretty decent, and I don't want to mess that up, so hopefully there'll be something available...

I'd be happy to teach you as I learn! That way if you can't switch until next semester you will be ahead a little!  We can have skype tutor lessons! If you don't mind the fact that I look like a girl. ;.;

On a side note, finally broke out my piano (clavanova) and started playing again! Bad thing is I'm so short and I have it on our dining room table that I'm having to sit on a phone book just to reach the keys. DX
  •  

V M

Having a minor surgery performed near my left ear, the thingy removed appears to be benign (noncancerous) 
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Devlyn

Yay for benign growths! Hugs, Devlyn

Happy/unhappy: Some people will fall for anything.   :D   >:(
  •  

suzifrommd

Went to a dinner party given by the parents of one of my daughter's friends. Had a great time. Definitely was gendered correctly by everyone there.

Then, while I was in the bathroom, my wife outed me.

"I thought everyone already knew," she said later.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Darkie

Went to a Deaf coffee chat and I had fun, but being a beginning student, my brain hurts from watching so intently.
  •  

NathanielM

Still dreaming about the elf fantasy fair but getting upset that I can't be who I really want to be because of this stupid body.  :(
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: NathanielM on September 16, 2013, 02:55:42 PM
Still dreaming about the elf fantasy fair but getting upset that I can't be who I really want to be because of this stupid body.  :(

Elfs don't fuss about their bodies do they Nathaniel? C'mon cheer up kid!
  •  

Renee

Got my hair trimmed and colored over the weekend and today, not a soul complimented me on it. The bastards!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: j on September 16, 2013, 03:09:50 PM
Got my hair trimmed and colored over the weekend and today, not a soul complimented me on it. The bastards!

I know you look gorgeous, so quit carping and put a photo up!
  •  

Renee

Quote from: Shantel on September 16, 2013, 03:11:18 PM
I know you look gorgeous, so quit carping and put a photo up!
Far from gorgeous really. And I'm not sure when I will put another photo up.

But I did just think of another name to use for a bit...
  •  

Shodan

My nipples are really, really sore. It means the Spiro is doing it's job and my natural E is starting to do things but.... owwww.

•  

Natkat

happy because I got an education
unhappy because its not going as well as I hoped.
  •  

AdamMLP

Happy because I dragged myself out and survived circuit training this week (manning up and wearing a sports bra instead of a binder was definitely worth it).

Unhappy because I fell over in the warm up and landed on the dodgy part of my dodgy hand.  That area's already taken enough abuse over the years, but at least I know it's not broken.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: butterface on September 16, 2013, 03:44:19 PM
Far from gorgeous really. And I'm not sure when I will put another photo up.

But I did just think of another name to use for a bit...

We will have to agree to disagree about your looks, but I'm going to be the last word on that and what I said still stands.  :icon_ballbounce:
  •