Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FTMDiaries

My biceps are aching. But it's self-inflicted pain, because last night I blasted the living daylights out of them with a pair of dumbbells after the kids had gone to bed.

•  

Shantel

Quote from: FTMDiaries on September 11, 2013, 09:06:13 AM
My biceps are aching. But it's self-inflicted pain, because last night I blasted the living daylights out of them with a pair of dumbbells after the kids had gone to bed.

Check out the article entitled "Bashing Binaries" posted in Arts and Entertainment by Learnedhand. Heather Cassils has a totally resculpted physique through hard work and determination.
  •  

Night Haven

My AP Psych class is stellar, AP Lang isn't too bad, and AP Bio is one of my favorite subjects~

However, they're all on the same day. With Latin. *Drowns in homework*
-Fight for the changes you want to see made; become the changes you want to see in the world.-

-The world is worse enough as it is; let us be and let be. Let's stop spreading hate and start spreading acceptance...-
  •  

Darkie

Quote from: Night Haven on September 11, 2013, 07:49:45 PM
My AP Psych class is stellar, AP Lang isn't too bad, and AP Bio is one of my favorite subjects~

However, they're all on the same day. With Latin. *Drowns in homework*

Yikes, Latin?  And I thought ASL was hard. ;.;
Courage is the power that turn dreams into reality.
  •  

Night Haven

Quote from: Darkie on September 11, 2013, 09:25:36 PM
Yikes, Latin?  And I thought ASL was hard. ;.;

I've actually been wanting to learn ASL... Might actually switch over if I can; don't think I'm going to be able to handle Latin this year, and I've gotten all my language credits already.  :P

It's not too bad, just a lot of memorization. Our old teacher was great, but unfortunately for us she moved (but awesome for her - moved and got married, so stellar~), and our new one is starting us off with Caesar... And no review. None at all, though we weren't assigned any summer work. *Sigh* It's probably because our class is merged to upper level Latin, though - 3, 4, and AP.

*Sigh* Definitely going to have to see about a schedule change - everything else is pretty decent, and I don't want to mess that up, so hopefully there'll be something available...
-Fight for the changes you want to see made; become the changes you want to see in the world.-

-The world is worse enough as it is; let us be and let be. Let's stop spreading hate and start spreading acceptance...-
  •  

Darkie

Quote from: Night Haven on September 12, 2013, 07:43:28 PM

I've actually been wanting to learn ASL... Might actually switch over if I can; don't think I'm going to be able to handle Latin this year, and I've gotten all my language credits already.  :P

It's not too bad, just a lot of memorization. Our old teacher was great, but unfortunately for us she moved (but awesome for her - moved and got married, so stellar~), and our new one is starting us off with Caesar... And no review. None at all, though we weren't assigned any summer work. *Sigh* It's probably because our class is merged to upper level Latin, though - 3, 4, and AP.

*Sigh* Definitely going to have to see about a schedule change - everything else is pretty decent, and I don't want to mess that up, so hopefully there'll be something available...

I'd be happy to teach you as I learn! That way if you can't switch until next semester you will be ahead a little!  We can have skype tutor lessons! If you don't mind the fact that I look like a girl. ;.;

On a side note, finally broke out my piano (clavanova) and started playing again! Bad thing is I'm so short and I have it on our dining room table that I'm having to sit on a phone book just to reach the keys. DX
  •  

V M

Having a minor surgery performed near my left ear, the thingy removed appears to be benign (noncancerous) 
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Devlyn

Yay for benign growths! Hugs, Devlyn

Happy/unhappy: Some people will fall for anything.   :D   >:(
  •  

suzifrommd

Went to a dinner party given by the parents of one of my daughter's friends. Had a great time. Definitely was gendered correctly by everyone there.

Then, while I was in the bathroom, my wife outed me.

"I thought everyone already knew," she said later.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Darkie

Went to a Deaf coffee chat and I had fun, but being a beginning student, my brain hurts from watching so intently.
  •  

NathanielM

Still dreaming about the elf fantasy fair but getting upset that I can't be who I really want to be because of this stupid body.  :(
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: NathanielM on September 16, 2013, 02:55:42 PM
Still dreaming about the elf fantasy fair but getting upset that I can't be who I really want to be because of this stupid body.  :(

Elfs don't fuss about their bodies do they Nathaniel? C'mon cheer up kid!
  •  

Renee

Got my hair trimmed and colored over the weekend and today, not a soul complimented me on it. The bastards!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: j on September 16, 2013, 03:09:50 PM
Got my hair trimmed and colored over the weekend and today, not a soul complimented me on it. The bastards!

I know you look gorgeous, so quit carping and put a photo up!
  •  

Renee

Quote from: Shantel on September 16, 2013, 03:11:18 PM
I know you look gorgeous, so quit carping and put a photo up!
Far from gorgeous really. And I'm not sure when I will put another photo up.

But I did just think of another name to use for a bit...
  •  

Shodan

My nipples are really, really sore. It means the Spiro is doing it's job and my natural E is starting to do things but.... owwww.

•  

Natkat

happy because I got an education
unhappy because its not going as well as I hoped.
  •  

AdamMLP

Happy because I dragged myself out and survived circuit training this week (manning up and wearing a sports bra instead of a binder was definitely worth it).

Unhappy because I fell over in the warm up and landed on the dodgy part of my dodgy hand.  That area's already taken enough abuse over the years, but at least I know it's not broken.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: butterface on September 16, 2013, 03:44:19 PM
Far from gorgeous really. And I'm not sure when I will put another photo up.

But I did just think of another name to use for a bit...

We will have to agree to disagree about your looks, but I'm going to be the last word on that and what I said still stands.  :icon_ballbounce:
  •