Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: Shantel on September 17, 2013, 07:00:33 PM
We will have to agree to disagree about your looks, but I'm going to be the last word on that and what I said still stands.  :icon_ballbounce:
My dog agrees with me too, you know.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: butterface on September 17, 2013, 07:21:54 PM
My dog agrees with me too, you know.

So? My dog is bigger than your dog, and he says you're mistaken honey!  >:-)
  •  

King Malachite

Unhappy-period is on

Happy- at least I can get it out the way for the month
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

V M

Quote from: Liam Erik on September 20, 2013, 10:54:51 PM
Another one of them two and a half inch wolf spiders appeared on the kitchen floor right next to me.  The cat chased it a bit but wouldn't kill it, and then they both stopped for a standoff.  I took the liberty of whacking it with the flyswatter, which basically exploded it and caused the cat to levitate four feet off the ground.  That was hilarious but I couldn't find most of its parts, which makes me uncomfortable.

Jumpin' cats!!! that is hilarious  :laugh:  One thing I loved about my dog is that he would point out hobo spiders  :)  He'd actually take up the pointer position and do his little "I found something" yip until I came and whacked the spider

I miss him a lot  :'(
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Darkie

Quote from: V M on September 20, 2013, 11:08:59 PM
Jumpin' cats!!! that is hilarious  :laugh:  One thing I loved about my dog is that he would point out hobo spiders  :)  He'd actually take up the pointer position and do his little "I found something" yip until I came and whacked the spider

I miss him a lot  :'(

I think we have hobo spiders but I'm not sure.  Sometimes though I get these bites on my fingers that swell up and are really REALLY painful to touch, but about a week later they go away.  Our porch is infested with spiders though.  Every time I go out onto the porch at night I get terrified I'm gunna be carried away by a spider back to his lair.
Courage is the power that turn dreams into reality.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Darkie on September 21, 2013, 09:53:30 AM
I think we have hobo spiders but I'm not sure.  Sometimes though I get these bites on my fingers that swell up and are really REALLY painful to touch, but about a week later they go away.  Our porch is infested with spiders though.  Every time I go out onto the porch at night I get terrified I'm gunna be carried away by a spider back to his lair.

Muhahahaha gotcha kid!

•  

V M

Hobo spider bites left untreated can be very dangerous, I had one on my forearm that began to become necrotic and swelled with infection

I had to get a shot in the rear and a round of antibiotics, I now have a tube of prescription 'bite cream' for whenever I get a suspicious bite mark

I would recommend spraying your porch with insecticide and putting sticky traps near the doorways 
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Darkie

Well let's hope I don't get bitten then.  Out of the 5 antibiotics one can take, I'm allergic to 3.
  •  

MadeleineG

A gang of my former students mobbed me last night. It was good to see them, but made me nostalgic for the classroom.
  •  

Mariax

I was asked about genderless bathrooms in the US by a coworker. He had read something about it, so I was pleased to discuss it. This made me happy, because I thought it made a great time to talk to someone about the problems we face. It made me unhappy, because I am not out at work, and this might have been a not so sublte hint that everyone knows! Ah well...
  •  

Edge

I will finally :) be getting my student loan within the next ten business days. >:( It is about a month late.
  •  

NathanielM

I used the mens bathroom in a station in brussels, Which is nice but it was the first and probably one of the few times I was standing there wondering if I was safe in that bathroom. And it makes me sad that there are peope who have that feeling almost everytime they have to choose their bathroom :(
  •  

Jessica Merriman

My nails finally looked perfect, yet at a high school football game rednecks were looking at me like the first day of deer season. OOPS, maybe it wasn't me, I think it is deer season here! :)
  •  

V M

Can't really think of much of anything that made me all too happy today, it was pretty much a day full of annoying crap that kinda pissed me off

- V M
  •  

Darkie

Been teaching 6th graders at work all day. It was a blast but I'm pooped.  I'm fighting to stay awake.
  •  

LordKAT

Another trip to the ER, more anti biotics, colostomy bag exploded.  So the good news? I got back in time for PT and feel better than I have in days.
  •  

Mariax

Sad: Clocked moments after leaving home.

Happy:In boy mode;D

Edit: Basically, I left home, someone went by on a bicycle, and said "Woah, that's a dude!" I had to fight back venomous thoughts, but moments later I reframed the situation.
  •  

Red Leicester

I thought a friend of mine was in trouble: Unhappy
But she is good: Happy
Now I am alone with my thoughts: Unhappy again
Having to answer silly challenge questions:  Unhappier
And they don't really prove I am human anyway.  >:(
  •  

Megumi

I was out walking and eating my lunch at the same time and got caught up in a sudden thunder storm. Since I was about 1/2 way through my 2 mile walk and there are no buildings around I took refuge under a nice big tree. As I was leaning up against it to stay dry I had the most lethargic look on my face while I stared up at the sky and got caught up in my thoughts about all of my current problems in life which put me into a unhappy mood. Then suddenly a very large acorn bundle fell out of the tree and hit me square on the top of the head, ouch! I didn't even flinch, I still had the same stupid lethargic look on my face and then this video jumped into my mind and gave me a good laugh to cheer me up.

•  

Shantel

Quote from: Megan on October 03, 2013, 10:30:26 PM
I was out walking and eating my lunch at the same time and got caught up in a sudden thunder storm. Since I was about 1/2 way through my 2 mile walk and there are no buildings around I took refuge under a nice big tree.

Stay away from under trees during thunder and lightening events, good way to get fried hon!
  •