Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: Shantel on September 17, 2013, 07:00:33 PM
We will have to agree to disagree about your looks, but I'm going to be the last word on that and what I said still stands.  :icon_ballbounce:
My dog agrees with me too, you know.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: butterface on September 17, 2013, 07:21:54 PM
My dog agrees with me too, you know.

So? My dog is bigger than your dog, and he says you're mistaken honey!  >:-)
  •  

King Malachite

Unhappy-period is on

Happy- at least I can get it out the way for the month
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

V M

Quote from: Liam Erik on September 20, 2013, 10:54:51 PM
Another one of them two and a half inch wolf spiders appeared on the kitchen floor right next to me.  The cat chased it a bit but wouldn't kill it, and then they both stopped for a standoff.  I took the liberty of whacking it with the flyswatter, which basically exploded it and caused the cat to levitate four feet off the ground.  That was hilarious but I couldn't find most of its parts, which makes me uncomfortable.

Jumpin' cats!!! that is hilarious  :laugh:  One thing I loved about my dog is that he would point out hobo spiders  :)  He'd actually take up the pointer position and do his little "I found something" yip until I came and whacked the spider

I miss him a lot  :'(
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Darkie

Quote from: V M on September 20, 2013, 11:08:59 PM
Jumpin' cats!!! that is hilarious  :laugh:  One thing I loved about my dog is that he would point out hobo spiders  :)  He'd actually take up the pointer position and do his little "I found something" yip until I came and whacked the spider

I miss him a lot  :'(

I think we have hobo spiders but I'm not sure.  Sometimes though I get these bites on my fingers that swell up and are really REALLY painful to touch, but about a week later they go away.  Our porch is infested with spiders though.  Every time I go out onto the porch at night I get terrified I'm gunna be carried away by a spider back to his lair.
Courage is the power that turn dreams into reality.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Darkie on September 21, 2013, 09:53:30 AM
I think we have hobo spiders but I'm not sure.  Sometimes though I get these bites on my fingers that swell up and are really REALLY painful to touch, but about a week later they go away.  Our porch is infested with spiders though.  Every time I go out onto the porch at night I get terrified I'm gunna be carried away by a spider back to his lair.

Muhahahaha gotcha kid!

•  

V M

Hobo spider bites left untreated can be very dangerous, I had one on my forearm that began to become necrotic and swelled with infection

I had to get a shot in the rear and a round of antibiotics, I now have a tube of prescription 'bite cream' for whenever I get a suspicious bite mark

I would recommend spraying your porch with insecticide and putting sticky traps near the doorways 
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Darkie

Well let's hope I don't get bitten then.  Out of the 5 antibiotics one can take, I'm allergic to 3.
  •  

MadeleineG

A gang of my former students mobbed me last night. It was good to see them, but made me nostalgic for the classroom.
  •  

Mariax

I was asked about genderless bathrooms in the US by a coworker. He had read something about it, so I was pleased to discuss it. This made me happy, because I thought it made a great time to talk to someone about the problems we face. It made me unhappy, because I am not out at work, and this might have been a not so sublte hint that everyone knows! Ah well...
  •  

Edge

I will finally :) be getting my student loan within the next ten business days. >:( It is about a month late.
  •  

NathanielM

I used the mens bathroom in a station in brussels, Which is nice but it was the first and probably one of the few times I was standing there wondering if I was safe in that bathroom. And it makes me sad that there are peope who have that feeling almost everytime they have to choose their bathroom :(
  •  

Jessica Merriman

My nails finally looked perfect, yet at a high school football game rednecks were looking at me like the first day of deer season. OOPS, maybe it wasn't me, I think it is deer season here! :)
  •  

V M

Can't really think of much of anything that made me all too happy today, it was pretty much a day full of annoying crap that kinda pissed me off

- V M
  •  

Darkie

Been teaching 6th graders at work all day. It was a blast but I'm pooped.  I'm fighting to stay awake.
  •  

LordKAT

Another trip to the ER, more anti biotics, colostomy bag exploded.  So the good news? I got back in time for PT and feel better than I have in days.
  •  

Mariax

Sad: Clocked moments after leaving home.

Happy:In boy mode;D

Edit: Basically, I left home, someone went by on a bicycle, and said "Woah, that's a dude!" I had to fight back venomous thoughts, but moments later I reframed the situation.
  •  

Red Leicester

I thought a friend of mine was in trouble: Unhappy
But she is good: Happy
Now I am alone with my thoughts: Unhappy again
Having to answer silly challenge questions:  Unhappier
And they don't really prove I am human anyway.  >:(
  •  

Megumi

I was out walking and eating my lunch at the same time and got caught up in a sudden thunder storm. Since I was about 1/2 way through my 2 mile walk and there are no buildings around I took refuge under a nice big tree. As I was leaning up against it to stay dry I had the most lethargic look on my face while I stared up at the sky and got caught up in my thoughts about all of my current problems in life which put me into a unhappy mood. Then suddenly a very large acorn bundle fell out of the tree and hit me square on the top of the head, ouch! I didn't even flinch, I still had the same stupid lethargic look on my face and then this video jumped into my mind and gave me a good laugh to cheer me up.

•  

Shantel

Quote from: Megan on October 03, 2013, 10:30:26 PM
I was out walking and eating my lunch at the same time and got caught up in a sudden thunder storm. Since I was about 1/2 way through my 2 mile walk and there are no buildings around I took refuge under a nice big tree.

Stay away from under trees during thunder and lightening events, good way to get fried hon!
  •