Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xhianil

+today i ate extra food for a class event.

-i feel too dead inside to enjoy it...
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Megumi on November 24, 2013, 11:08:01 PM
Went shopping with my parents. Mom bought me some makeup & supplies, to her surprise I stayed in the isle the entire time making suggestions as to what we should get and what I already have. I kind of wondered if she wanted to do this just to test the possibility that I'd run off while she got me the makeup and supplies. I actually enjoyed shopping with her as this was the first real time I've ever actually interacted with her while shopping. Next time we'll have to do some clothes shopping. I'm getting a little giddy at the prospect of clothes shopping with my mom :D

So excited for you hon! You can be assured that there are plenty of us here thinking 'If only I could have had that experience with such accepting parents at that young age!'

Quote from: Megumi on November 24, 2013, 11:08:01 PMThe sad part was me being in man mode bleh as we were at the store where my dad works so I didn't want to create any strife for him working there.

Smart and considerate though! No sense in creating problems for dad knowing that it would bite you in the a$$ on the home front later.
  •  

Megumi

Quote from: Shantel on November 25, 2013, 09:52:06 AM
So excited for you hon! You can be assured that there are plenty of us here thinking 'If only I could have had that experience with such accepting parents at that young age!'

Smart and considerate though! No sense in creating problems for dad knowing that it would bite you in the a$$ on the home front later.
I do have to admit that it does surprise me that they are much more accepting now. I want to say it has to be my steadfast resolve that this is all real and that what I'm doing is right for me that is helping them cope with the reality and just talking to them about my feelings has made a huge difference.

Yeah I really didn't want to cause any problems for dad. Hopefully next time we can go out of town to go clothes shopping with me being me!

•  

NathanielM

Unhappy: clearly my social anxiety hasn't dissapeared, it's was hiding and waiting for revenge. I drove myself crazy knowing I wouldn't have the guts to go back to my supportgroup. The mere idea of having to walk in there, not knowing so many people... brr
Happy: Dealing with problems is apparently my new gift. After 3 hours of overthinking I sent a message to someone I sort of know that spends a lot of time in the supportgroup, so I'd have someone to meet up with. And have arranged to go back thursday! Now I can't even be nervous because I'm too shocked at what i did :p
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: NathanielM on November 25, 2013, 02:38:24 PM
Unhappy: clearly my social anxiety hasn't dissapeared, it's was hiding and waiting for revenge. I drove myself crazy knowing I wouldn't have the guts to go back to my supportgroup. The mere idea of having to walk in there, not knowing so many people... brr
Happy: Dealing with problems is apparently my new gift. After 3 hours of overthinking I sent a message to someone I sort of know that spends a lot of time in the supportgroup, so I'd have someone to meet up with. And have arranged to go back thursday! Now I can't even be nervous because I'm too shocked at what i did :p

It's a step in the right direction, keep putting one foot ahead of the other!  :eusa_clap:
  •  

KabitTarah

Happy: Gave blood for the first time!

Unhappy: Passed Out! Hard! (Need to drink more)

Happy: Wendy's Hamburger, fries, frosty

Unhappy: Probably the very last time I can give blood -- at least for a very long time. If I pass out on a mild diuretic and too much coffee... I probably don't stand a chance on Spiro!!?? (They don't seem to exclude trans*, though... so that's happy).
~ Tarah ~

•  

Shantel

Quote from: kabit on November 29, 2013, 08:08:03 PM

Unhappy: Probably the very last time I can give blood -- at least for a very long time. If I pass out on a mild diuretic and too much coffee... I probably don't stand a chance on Spiro!!?? (They don't seem to exclude trans*, though... so that's happy).

Hahaha good for you Kabit! Don't feel bad hon, I've see 6' burly Marines faint when they got shots. Something about needles being more terrifying than bullets and grenade fragments. Guess it's because they could see the needle coming.  :D ;D
  •  

Shaina

Quote from: Shantel on November 29, 2013, 08:08:52 PM
Hehe yeah, love you kid! Just adopted Malachite, you are brother and sister now so you'd better behave!  :D ;D

^This!

I'm so pleased Shantel adopted me!  ;D

I don't wanna be related to Malachite though... >:(
I was a child and she was a child   
    In this kingdom by the sea:   
But we loved with a love that was more than love—
    I and my Annabel Lee
  •  

V M

Quote from: Shantel on November 29, 2013, 08:12:54 PM
Hahaha good for you Kabit! Don't feel bad hon, I've see 6' burly Marines faint when they got shots. Something about needles being more terrifying than bullets and grenade fragments. Guess it's because they could see the needle coming.  :D ;D

So true  :laugh:  When I was in San Diego I knew an individual who started out in the Marines and then became a Corpsman and would go out with either Marine Corps units and/or SEAL teams

Imagine a field medic with an aversion to needles and such  :laugh:  But according to him it was okay as long as the needle wasn't intended for him

Of course he managed to rack up a fine collection of scares like everybody else but luckily was able to keep all appendages intact (The right leg just above the knee along with the left foot a little above the ankle were questionable for awhile)

Eventually he got over the needle thing and was like "Oh, another one? Go ahead and poke me, knock yourself out"

But he sure took the hard road to get there  :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

KabitTarah

I'm not a huge fan... but I'm ok with needles (giving myself an E shot? Well...... we'll see ;))

I was able to sit up off the table... stand... walk to the food table and eat a cookie. Then I had to sit down... and the next thing I knew I was on the floor, feet raised, with ice packs all over me.

I guess just drinking coffee all day isn't so good for giving blood. ;D

I'm sure it didn't help seeing me passing out, but my wife - who got hers taken right after me - was on the table, raised her arm, and passed out.

Luckily tons of her family were there for the event... some of them took the kids (who were a little shaken, but ok ;))... and then her brother drove us home -- I bought him Wendy's.
~ Tarah ~

•  

Cindy

Bad. My wife finally asked if she could ever live at home again and if her injuries are progressive. I told her the truth, it was time and she accepted. I tried to cry alone.

Good. She looked at my new female passport and my old male one and I said the female one looked real. She then said I knew I was a female since the day we met.

Bad. Tissues were running out.

Good. None
  •  

Kristal

Quote from: Shantel on November 29, 2013, 08:12:54 PM

Oh gods, I hate needles! I know what you're thinking, "Kristal, you're the Tattooed Trans Girl, how could you possibly be afraid of needles?" BECAUSE SHUT UP. No seriously, I've never looked at the artist work while getting a tattoo.
I'm not here to decorate your world.
  •  

Constance

Quote from: Cindy on November 30, 2013, 06:47:18 AM
Bad. My wife finally asked if she could ever live at home again and if her injuries are progressive. I told her the truth, it was time and she accepted. I tried to cry alone.

Good. She looked at my new female passport and my old male one and I said the female one looked real. She then said I knew I was a female since the day we met.

Good. None

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Constance

Quote from: kabit on November 29, 2013, 08:08:03 PM

They used to let me give blood while on progesterone, estrogen and sprio. It was the finasteride that finally meant I could no longer donate. But once I stop needing that one, I can donate again.

KabitTarah

Good. None

Quote from: Constance on November 30, 2013, 10:31:09 AM
They used to let me give blood while on progesterone, estrogen and sprio. It was the finasteride that finally meant I could no longer donate. But once I stop needing that one, I can donate again.

Yeah... that one surprised me, then I remembered it causes birth defects and it makes a lot of sense. Pregnant ladies aren't even allowed to look at it ;D
~ Tarah ~

•  

Shantel

Good. None

Bless her sweet heart and yours too Cindy! ((Hugs))
  •  

MadeleineG

Quote from: RJR on November 30, 2013, 08:24:19 PM
Happy:  Finally got some new pics of me to try on www.pictriev.com

Unhappy: 5 months on HRT and I still score 99% masculine...

Edit:  I feel really bad!

For what it's worth, I uploaded a picture to that website, too. Results? It says I'm 99% masculine and bear a striking resemblance to Salman Rushdie and Henry Kissinger.  :-\
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Twice in the last two days I have been asked about periods. The ultrasound person asked if I had cycles and honestly, it took me by surprise and I was like "um, no" as if it should have been obvious. :P And then my mom asked me today "so, you never have periods at all...?" and was jealous. I'm happy because they are so alien to me now. But unhappy because ew, cut these things out of me please.
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: caleb. on November 30, 2013, 10:50:50 PM
Twice in the last two days I have been asked about periods. The ultrasound person asked if I had cycles and honestly, it took me by surprise and I was like "um, no" as if it should have been obvious. :P And then my mom asked me today "so, you never have periods at all...?" and was jealous. I'm happy because they are so alien to me now. But unhappy because ew, cut these things out of me please.

I can just picture them thinking... "so wait... all I have to do is go on T and the periods stop??"
~ Tarah ~

•  

AdamMLP

I got a load of music off my friend, which is about time because I've over listened all of the music on my iPod to the point where I actually feel sick listening to some of it.  The only problem is he's never named the stuff properly, so I've got about 2 gb of music to work out the names and artists of.
  •