Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordKAT

Quote from: Cindy on December 07, 2013, 02:29:01 AM
Hugs my friend! I didn't work at being perfect, I was just born that way :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yep, yep. What better friend to have than a perfect one. Or purrfectly furry one.
  •  

Kristal

Quote from: Cindy on December 07, 2013, 01:22:10 AM
My sister in law (Nancy) trying to publicly humiliate me by saying to a couple I was talking to at a wake 'you know this is my brother in law'

Their reply 'Nancy you are so wrong, unlike you, she is a beautiful woman'

Yeah! Screw you, Nancy! That was a sick burn, yo.
I'm not here to decorate your world.
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Quote from: kabit on December 06, 2013, 11:08:04 PM
Me and another guy who rarely go out with the group (I live far away and have kids, though) were called a "rarity" by someone... ("You're both rarities" or something like that)

Happy: Being called a rarity, when I know I'm more of a twilight/fluttershy mix.

Sad: Realizing that wasn't what he was talking about, but that I should have said what I was thinking anyway ;)

Sadder: Realizing that I am indeed a pegasister, aren't I?? :P lol

Why does that make you sad?
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: Orange Creamsicle on December 07, 2013, 09:32:02 AM
Why does that make you sad?

The "sadder?" I was kidding. I am resisting ;) I assume my membership card is in the mail?

It really did make me a little sad that he wasn't talking about MLP.
~ Tarah ~

•  

Shantel

Quote from: Cindy on December 07, 2013, 02:11:35 AM

To be honest I think she is jealous of me. Without wanting to sound like a 'tool' myself, I am quite attractive, I'm intelligent, I have a good job, I'm respected and I have many friends. She has none of these.

She is indeed jealous. She sees you wearing the mantle that she feels she deserves being cis, she sees you as an interloper on what is by birth rightfully her turf and a resentful, envious and vindictive spirit has gripped her. Your best weapon is to be kind, loving and continue to exude your sweetness to her in front of everyone, it will either serve to disarm her completely or expose her before all in the event she continues to try and humiliate you.
  •  

Ms Grace

Quote from: Cindy on December 07, 2013, 01:22:10 AM
My sister in law (Nancy) trying to publicly humiliate me by saying to a couple I was talking to at a wake 'you know this is my brother in law'
That was pretty low...something I could imagine my own sister in law saying. Loved the response from that couple you were talking to. Did the sis in law slink away when they burned her with that reply?
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Xhianil

most SRS surgeons require you to be either 20 or have a guardian with you, (assorted cursing)

other then that I'm able to get it.
  •  

V M

I switched off my regular road tires for my studded snow tires on my bicycle and that seemed to help as the plow crews don't seem to be doing quite as good a job at clearing the roads this year

I need to make sure to remember to take my rescue inhaler with me, on the way home I started having an asthma attack and had trouble breathing

Luckily a young couple happened along and helped, they wanted to call the EMTs but I convinced them to just get me home

Obviously I am here and not laying in the snow a few blocks from my place so it's all good

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Ms Grace on December 07, 2013, 09:57:46 PM
That was pretty low...something I could imagine my own sister in law saying. Loved the response from that couple you were talking to. Did the sis in law slink away when they burned her with that reply?

I realised, after much reflection, that I was a complete threat to her femininity. I was also the carer for her mother, who was delighted to be with her daughter in law. For Nancy it was the final blow. I was accepted as me, I was talking to interesting people and she was being ignored.

She was the one insulted by her own lack of love.

I rose above it and she has nowhere to go but to accept her self inflicted humiliation.

I feel sad for her.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: V M on December 07, 2013, 11:35:27 PM
I switched off my regular road tires for my studded snow tires on my bicycle and that seemed to help as the plow crews don't seem to be doing quite as good a job at clearing the roads this year

I need to make sure to remember to take my rescue inhaler with me, on the way home I started having an asthma attack and had trouble breathing

Luckily a young couple happened along and helped, they wanted to call the EMTs but I convinced them to just get me home

Obviously I am here and not laying in the snow a few blocks from my place so it's all good

Hugs

Happy #1 - I am glad to hear you are not in a snow bank somewhere.   :)

Happy #2 - I started Finasteride today.  It is a tiny step back toward HRT.   :D

Unhappy - I needed to start Finasteride.   :-\
  •  

Kristal

Quote from: Xhianil on December 07, 2013, 10:50:47 PM
most SRS surgeons require you to be either 20 or have a guardian with you, (assorted cursing)

other then that I'm able to get it.

They also want you to have money!

Gatekeeping bastards...
I'm not here to decorate your world.
  •  

Xhianil

Quote from: Kristal on December 08, 2013, 01:14:11 AM
They also want you to have money!

Gatekeeping bastards...

Thats possable to amass fast, aging isn't.

Agreed agreed agreed.
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: JRD on December 08, 2013, 05:23:54 AM
Wait til you get way older, then that age just piles up faster than anything.

Yeaah... I was confused by this fast money! I've never heard of that sort of scheme actually working (not without high risk or high cost, anyhow)
~ Tarah ~

•  

Shantel

I didn't realize that they had such things for bicycles!

Hugs

Glad you're OK, thanks goodness for good samaritans huh?  Real cold air and exertion will do it to me too, it's an exercise induced asthma attack, not funny either!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: big head horsey-face on December 08, 2013, 05:23:54 AM
Wait til you get way older, then that age just piles up faster than anything.

Yup, seems like maybe 20 years ago I was in high school, no wait a minute that can't be so because I just missed my 50th reunion last year..... >:(

Remember when we used to measure time by how far off our birthday or Christmas was and it seemed like forever? Now they seem to whip by at warp speed! Oh well..... :eusa_boohoo:
  •  

MadeleineG

I'm home now.

Happy: being back with my family
Unhappy: I went from +40 to -40 (Fahrenheit)
  •  

Kittenswithmittens

Happy: My lovely mum called me and invited me for dinner.

Unhappy: I had already eaten. We misunderstood each other yesterday, so they have been preparing an amazing meal for us (stepfather, mum and me), and I ate like an hour ago and I'm so full I feel uncomfortable. I kind of want to just throw it all up but then I'd also feel crap because I know I shouldn't do that. Gaaah. Feeling so bad because other people are so good..
"She had blue skin, and so did he. He kept it hid, and so did she. They searched for blue their whole life through, then passed right by - and never knew."
  •  

Shaina

Quote from: Shantel on December 08, 2013, 09:41:10 AM
Yup, seems like maybe 20 years ago I was in high school, no wait a minute that can't be so because I just missed my 50th reunion last year... >:(

Remember when we used to measure time by how far off our birthday or Christmas was and it seemed like forever? Now they seem to whip by at warp speed! Oh well..... :eusa_boohoo:

You're as young as you feel Mom!  ;D
I was a child and she was a child   
    In this kingdom by the sea:   
But we loved with a love that was more than love—
    I and my Annabel Lee
  •  

Edge

I am really enthused about music and stuff. Unfortunately, I'm trying (and failing) to concentrate on studying for my exams this week.
Still having mixed feelings about how I feel about a guy. On one hand, I feel happy. On the other, I have no chance. I'm also afraid that talking about this makes me come across as "too girly."
I found some awesome pants! Except they're the last ones available and I'm afraid they'll be gone by the time I can get them.
  •