Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyStrums

Having my hair removal cream come through and going to town on my legs.
:)

Then getting dysphoric about having hairy toes :/
  •  

LordKAT

Work; I have a love/hate relationship with my job.
  •  

Umiko

finally accepted myself, but that pesky letter is still eluding me -.-
  •  

FTMDiaries

Had a nice, longish chat with my brother (he of the online dating profile) and it was good to get into a discussion with him about old times... but it's obvious from his choice of words and his temperament that he's in a bit of a dark place at the moment.

The past year has been a nightmare for him and I'd love to be able to offer him some support, but that's hard to do when we're not even on the same continent.

•  

big kim

Happy The monkeys stolen from Blackpool zoo have been found
Unhappy the baby monkey is still missing
  •  

Lauren5

Walked a mile and a half with a 24 pack of soda back from the store, without having to stop and set it down. It's good to know that I still have some muscle mass, I was thinking what little I had before HRT would just go into oblivion, but it seems to have stayed.
On that count, it made my back hurt quite a bit. I also found out this apartment complex has a pool. Something I can't use for a good year or so.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

V M

First appointment with a new psych. Not sure how I feel about that, but he does seem to be a nice sort
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

@Diana

happy that i just talked to my parents on the phone but super sad/unhappy that my mom fall on her bike, got so many bruises and she cant lift her arm today :'( i wish i was there to help her
  •  

FTMDiaries

Had a brilliant passing moment whilst getting on a coach with some colleagues. The driver instantly read me as male; most people do these days, to be honest. And it feels wonderful that they do.

What made me unhappy was what he said: we were getting our bags loaded on the coach, and a female colleague in front of me had her small suitcase loaded on before mine. However, when I followed with my much smaller rucksack, the driver commented: "See? That's how a man packs. Women have to take the kitchen sink, but a man can put everything he needs in a small rucksack!".

Of course, my female colleague was so used to that sort of chauvinistic nonsense that she didn't say anything in response. And to be honest, I had no idea what to say either.  :-\

•  

Shantel

Quote from: FTMDiaries on May 09, 2014, 08:38:49 AM
Had a brilliant passing moment whilst getting on a coach with some colleagues. The driver instantly read me as male; most people do these days, to be honest. And it feels wonderful that they do.

What made me unhappy was what he said: we were getting our bags loaded on the coach, and a female colleague in front of me had her small suitcase loaded on before mine. However, when I followed with my much smaller rucksack, the driver commented: "See? That's how a man packs. Women have to take the kitchen sink, but a man can put everything he needs in a small rucksack!".

Of course, my female colleague was so used to that sort of chauvinistic nonsense that she didn't say anything in response. And to be honest, I had no idea what to say either.  :-\

Interesting observations and perspective from someone now living on the opposite side of the gender fence!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: @Diana on May 08, 2014, 09:21:28 PM
happy that i just talked to my parents on the phone but super sad/unhappy that my mom fall on her bike, got so many bruises and she cant lift her arm today :'( i wish i was there to help her

Aging parents are worrisome, we sometimes suffer anxiety for them as they once did for us.
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Quote from: Shantel on May 09, 2014, 09:27:42 AM
Aging parents are worrisome, we sometimes suffer anxiety for them as they once did for us.

I guess it's only fair.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: birkin on May 09, 2014, 11:10:30 AM
I guess it's only fair.

Yeah until you have to change their diapers and wipe their butts!  :D ;D :laugh:
  •  

@Diana

yes Auntie Shan .. and I dont mind doing those to my parents .. I am very happy to help them in anyways i can ..
  •  

King Malachite

Happy:  My mom brought a cheesecake.  Apparantly there was a sale on them for $3.99.

Unhappy:  My mom brought a cheesecake....
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

apriljo

Happy: Another round of laser today takes me one step closer.
Unhappy: She turned the settings way up and laser hurts.
  •  

@Diana

•  

LordKAT

Quote from: @Diana on May 11, 2014, 09:46:37 PM
got offered a job  >:-) .. BUT it's night shift  :angel:

Personally, that would be double happy. Is the pay worth it?
  •  

@Diana

Quote from: LordKAT on May 11, 2014, 09:50:55 PM
Personally, that would be double happy. Is the pay worth it?

yes the pay is pretty good .. its a casual job working in kitchen :police:
  •  

Umiko

figured out i actually spot a little every time my cramps and bloating show up, what makes me unhappy is the fact its so sudden and i'm afraid its some medical problem o:
  •