Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyStrums

Having my hair removal cream come through and going to town on my legs.
:)

Then getting dysphoric about having hairy toes :/
  •  

LordKAT

Work; I have a love/hate relationship with my job.
  •  

Umiko

finally accepted myself, but that pesky letter is still eluding me -.-
  •  

FTMDiaries

Had a nice, longish chat with my brother (he of the online dating profile) and it was good to get into a discussion with him about old times... but it's obvious from his choice of words and his temperament that he's in a bit of a dark place at the moment.

The past year has been a nightmare for him and I'd love to be able to offer him some support, but that's hard to do when we're not even on the same continent.

•  

big kim

Happy The monkeys stolen from Blackpool zoo have been found
Unhappy the baby monkey is still missing
  •  

Lauren5

Walked a mile and a half with a 24 pack of soda back from the store, without having to stop and set it down. It's good to know that I still have some muscle mass, I was thinking what little I had before HRT would just go into oblivion, but it seems to have stayed.
On that count, it made my back hurt quite a bit. I also found out this apartment complex has a pool. Something I can't use for a good year or so.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

V M

First appointment with a new psych. Not sure how I feel about that, but he does seem to be a nice sort
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

@Diana

happy that i just talked to my parents on the phone but super sad/unhappy that my mom fall on her bike, got so many bruises and she cant lift her arm today :'( i wish i was there to help her
  •  

FTMDiaries

Had a brilliant passing moment whilst getting on a coach with some colleagues. The driver instantly read me as male; most people do these days, to be honest. And it feels wonderful that they do.

What made me unhappy was what he said: we were getting our bags loaded on the coach, and a female colleague in front of me had her small suitcase loaded on before mine. However, when I followed with my much smaller rucksack, the driver commented: "See? That's how a man packs. Women have to take the kitchen sink, but a man can put everything he needs in a small rucksack!".

Of course, my female colleague was so used to that sort of chauvinistic nonsense that she didn't say anything in response. And to be honest, I had no idea what to say either.  :-\

•  

Shantel

Quote from: FTMDiaries on May 09, 2014, 08:38:49 AM
Had a brilliant passing moment whilst getting on a coach with some colleagues. The driver instantly read me as male; most people do these days, to be honest. And it feels wonderful that they do.

What made me unhappy was what he said: we were getting our bags loaded on the coach, and a female colleague in front of me had her small suitcase loaded on before mine. However, when I followed with my much smaller rucksack, the driver commented: "See? That's how a man packs. Women have to take the kitchen sink, but a man can put everything he needs in a small rucksack!".

Of course, my female colleague was so used to that sort of chauvinistic nonsense that she didn't say anything in response. And to be honest, I had no idea what to say either.  :-\

Interesting observations and perspective from someone now living on the opposite side of the gender fence!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: @Diana on May 08, 2014, 09:21:28 PM
happy that i just talked to my parents on the phone but super sad/unhappy that my mom fall on her bike, got so many bruises and she cant lift her arm today :'( i wish i was there to help her

Aging parents are worrisome, we sometimes suffer anxiety for them as they once did for us.
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Quote from: Shantel on May 09, 2014, 09:27:42 AM
Aging parents are worrisome, we sometimes suffer anxiety for them as they once did for us.

I guess it's only fair.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: birkin on May 09, 2014, 11:10:30 AM
I guess it's only fair.

Yeah until you have to change their diapers and wipe their butts!  :D ;D :laugh:
  •  

@Diana

yes Auntie Shan .. and I dont mind doing those to my parents .. I am very happy to help them in anyways i can ..
  •  

King Malachite

Happy:  My mom brought a cheesecake.  Apparantly there was a sale on them for $3.99.

Unhappy:  My mom brought a cheesecake....
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

apriljo

Happy: Another round of laser today takes me one step closer.
Unhappy: She turned the settings way up and laser hurts.
  •  

@Diana

•  

LordKAT

Quote from: @Diana on May 11, 2014, 09:46:37 PM
got offered a job  >:-) .. BUT it's night shift  :angel:

Personally, that would be double happy. Is the pay worth it?
  •  

@Diana

Quote from: LordKAT on May 11, 2014, 09:50:55 PM
Personally, that would be double happy. Is the pay worth it?

yes the pay is pretty good .. its a casual job working in kitchen :police:
  •  

Umiko

figured out i actually spot a little every time my cramps and bloating show up, what makes me unhappy is the fact its so sudden and i'm afraid its some medical problem o:
  •