Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordKAT

Go ahead Ladies. Refuse to eat chocolate, the food of the gods. It leaves more for me. That only makes sense since KAT is dog spelled backwards.
  •  

Jill F

Quote from: LordKAT on June 25, 2014, 01:26:22 AM
Go ahead Ladies. Refuse to eat chocolate, the food of the gods. It leaves more for me. That only makes sense since KAT is dog spelled backwards.

Bad kitty, step away from my chocolate.  Mr. Gud Spellar, yu.
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: LordKAT on June 25, 2014, 01:26:22 AM
Lmao, Kat you crack me up. Just stay away from my refrigerator door, lol!, he, he, he, he. Just cause I cut down on it doesn't mean I want it to go away.

Ally :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

immortal gypsy

Growing pains thanks to a visit from the boob fairy, grr. Growing pains thanks to a visit from the boob fairy,  yippee skippie
Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

Si vis bellum, parra pacem
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Unhappy: referred to a therapist by my GP for anxiety. I assumed that she had read in the referral that I'm trans, but she hadn't. I outed myself to her thinking she knew, she didn't, so I outed myself for nothing and now that's going to be a thing she focusses on when I'm actually so over the transgender thing it's not even funny. I wanted to go in as a guy that needed help with his anxiety, not someone who needed help transitioning.

Happy: when I told her I was trans she went "um, ok, I'm confused...you...want to be a woman? Have you had surgeries?"

She then suggested I go to trans support groups and "get used to the idea of being outed." No thanks! I just started a new job where I am accepted 100% as male. Not "we'll use male pronouns and your male name because we respect you despite you being born a girl", I mean I was seen as a guy, period, no questions asked, no special medical conditions disclosed. Took me 2 years of HRT to get here and 5 years of torment, humiliation, and prostration. Not about to go back.
  •  

Allyda

I had high hope for the therapist I went to see on the 11th of this month. I was treated like a normal woman by the office staff and everything went great until I actually met the therapist I was to be seeing. First, he was a man when I specifically requested I see a woman, second, he was an ass**** of the first order. It really felt good when I told him that to his face too. When I told the lady who was checking me out I wasn't coming back and that he was an ass, she and two other women there laughed as well as she said to me: "We hear that a lot about him." Which I in turn told her as I grabbed my purse: "And you'll continue to hear it as long as he's on staff here."

What made me happy today was my Endo's office called and I was told they'd help me find a trans friendly therapist.

Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Sydney_NYC

I was excited to see a letter containing my new social security card, but then was upset when saw that they misspelled my new name!! They weird part is, in the office the woman was so nice and she read the spelling back to be correctly, plus I had type the form. I know it was an honest mistake, but still frustrating. I will have to go back on Monday or Tuesday.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

Shantel

Quote from: Sydney_NYC on June 28, 2014, 10:15:25 AM
I was excited to see a letter containing my new social security card, but then was upset when saw that they misspelled my new name!! They weird part is, in the office the woman was so nice and she read the spelling back to be correctly, plus I had type the form. I know it was an honest mistake, but still frustrating. I will have to go back on Monday or Tuesday.

How typically government huh Sydney? Snafu comes to mind here.
  •  

Adam (birkin)

I have a few days this month where I will work at one job from 9 am to 4 pm, then at my second job from 9 pm - 7:30 am the next day. I'm happy because KA-CHING but I'm sad because I'm going to be eff to the ucked physically.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: birkin on June 28, 2014, 02:28:45 PM
I have a few days this month where I will work at one job from 9 am to 4 pm, then at my second job from 9 pm - 7:30 am the next day. I'm happy because KA-CHING but I'm sad because I'm going to be eff to the ucked physically.

Been good reading your posts, you'll probably have to forgo posting and squeeze in some food, sleep, shower and don't forget to brush your teeth kid! Gotta hand it to you for being aggressively proactive about your transitional plans.  :eusa_clap:
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Thanks Auntie Shan. ;D Haha well we'll see how I feel after a month of this. It's only been the first week and I am exhausted, but that's because I haven't established a routine yet so I've lost sleep. I figure I can be OK as long as I get my sleeping patterns very regimented and keep them that way, and have a set schedule for things like laundry, errands, appointments, etc.

I imagine I will lose weight at this job too because there are many people there who have diabetes so I don't want to eat junk food meals in front of them.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: birkin on June 28, 2014, 02:59:06 PM

I imagine I will lose weight at this job too because there are many people there who have diabetes so I don't want to eat junk food meals in front of them.

Always a good plan, you don't want to have it either.
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Yeah. A lot of the guys I work with are on diets, most of them aren't big guys like me but they've been diagnosed with high cholesterol (like me). And then the clients have a lot of diabetes so...it works out.
  •  

Allyda

I was all set to launch my boat today and enjoy some time on the water in a very happy mood -until I heard the thunder rolling in the background which cancelled my boating plans until tomorrow.

Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Umiko

i had gotten the green light from my psychiatrist. i'm unhappy because i cant stay away from you all lol
  •  

Eris

I finally received a letter from the NHS informing me that I had an appointment for genetic storage. :)
Sadly it's two months away so I won't be able to begin HRT until September :(
I refuse to live in fear! Come hell or high water I will not back down! I will live my life!
But you have no life.
Ha. Even that won't stop me.

I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.

•  

Lauren5

I'm very bad with liquid eyeliner.
Or so I think, it seemed to work.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Sheala

on my way in to work this evening two kids where arguing next to me as to weather i was a girl or a boy...... they finaly decided to ask and i said a girl, they bought it but the little girl said i looked like a boy.....  :-\
---Content is not being happy with what you want, but being happy with what you have.---

---2014, New Year, New Me---

---screw being the black sheep, be the rainbow sheep its more fun---

•  

Felix

I've gotten really fixated on French lately. I like languages, but always personally found that one aesthetically distasteful in the way it flows. Plus (where I live) it is strongly associated with snobbery when talking about food or drink, and some other things.

But there's this musician who got interviewed on a radio show that focuses on the experience of racial minorities. I looked him up, and his songs are catchy and accessible pop techno, in French. I have enough english and spanish and italian to be able to understand some song titles and phrases here and there, and the more I listen the more I figure out. The links from him lead to other french speakers, and I start hearing patterns and parsing individual words better.

But gosh. I have no plans to live anywhere else, and my sporadic obsessions with other languages don't make my life better apart from the direct pleasure of it. I feel like I need to find more pro-social ways to spend my time.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Sheala on July 04, 2014, 10:06:40 PM
on my way in to work this evening two kids where arguing next to me as to weather i was a girl or a boy...... they finaly decided to ask and i said a girl, they bought it but the little girl said i looked like a boy.....  :-\

Send them to an optician, they need their eyes tested!! :laugh:
  •