Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Shantel on October 30, 2014, 10:01:09 AM
Believe it because having read many of your posts it is evident. I can't image finding a new apartment in NYC under those circumstances, things here in Seattle are atrociously expensive but not anything like NYC. I have never listened to the word "can't' myself, it's not a part of my vocabulary or internal persona, so as long as you maintain that kind of perspective I think you will prevail over the odds. My very best to you Dee!

Thank you! I actually meant I don't believe in fortune cookies. Actually I'm an hour north of NYC, which makes it all harder, not easier. There's a job at my Sweetie's employer I applied for and am salivating over. It's a wholistic retreat and education center and they need someone for the team that arranges for their classes, contracts and instructors and such. I hope they think I'm as good a fit as I do. Tonight we look at an apartment about 6 blocks from here. Recently renovated and in the middle of everything.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Dee Walker on October 30, 2014, 10:41:12 AM
Thank you! I actually meant I don't believe in fortune cookies. Actually I'm an hour north of NYC, which makes it all harder, not easier. There's a job at my Sweetie's employer I applied for and am salivating over. It's a wholistic retreat and education center and they need someone for the team that arranges for their classes, contracts and instructors and such. I hope they think I'm as good a fit as I do. Tonight we look at an apartment about 6 blocks from here. Recently renovated and in the middle of everything.

Hope you get it, good luck Dee!
  •  

Jill F

My fortune cookie story (and you can't make something this unreal up!)-

A few days before I got married, my wife and I went to the local Chinese restaurant for (at that time) a major treat.  At the end of the meal, we got orange slices and two fortune cookies with our check.  We randomly grabbed our cookies.  Hers wasn't special, but mine said, "YOU AND YOUR WIFE WILL BE HAPPY IN YOUR LIFE TOGETHER."

Now I realize that it didn't matter which one of us got it.

Today I'm unhappy to still feel crappy but at least I think I feel just slightly better than I did a few hours ago.  Maybe another nap?
  •  

Jill F

I got invited to a pre-concert VIP party tomorrow for tomorrow's King Diamond show just now and I probably won't be able to go due to illness. 
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Jill F on October 30, 2014, 03:28:45 PM
I got invited to a pre-concert VIP party tomorrow for tomorrow's King Diamond show just now and I probably won't be able to go due to illness.

Well one sicko to another that really sucks, sniff, cough, sneeze, wheeze! (I'm not winning any spelling bees either!)
  •  

LordKAT

Quote from: Shantel on October 30, 2014, 03:31:25 PM
Well one sicko to another that really sucks, sniff, cough, sneeze, wheeze! (I'm not winning any spelling bees either!)

That's OK. Bees sting. Although they do well at pollinating the flowers to make us sneeze.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: LordKAT on October 30, 2014, 04:13:53 PM
That's OK. Bees sting. Although they do well at pollinating the flowers to make us sneeze.

:icon_bunch: My new operating system on my laptop is constantly respelling things for me so that I have to re-read my posts before sending or I wind up going back to edit. I edited that last one three times and there wasn't much to it.
  •  

Devlyn

Happy: The chicken in the oven smells delicious.
Unhappy: It ain't ready yet and my stomach is performing tricks.
  •  

ImagineKate

Happy: kick ass dia de Los Muertos party at a friend's house today.

Sad: I want to go in girl mode but I'm afraid if I do I will rock the boat way too much...
  •  

V M

Glad we didn't get the predicted snow, but it was another wet and cold rainy day

Looks fairly clear out right now but there is another storm predicted to be on the way

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

immortal gypsy

Busy day at work, I ended up throwing customer service out the window and snapping at pretty much everyone for a few hours. Brain is scattered, gave up on balancing the safe by the time I left. Oh and I have to work tomorrow, and that is supposed to be my day off.

Now for the good. Male fail, male fail and more male fail by the punters, (this is still a shock and surprise for me when it happens). Also worked with my bosses father today he mentioned he might have some of the work polo's and didn't question that I wear the ladies size
Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

Si vis bellum, parra pacem
  •  

ImagineKate

My dad told me that my childhood home is going to be demolished to build a highway.

I'm happy for him but sad that the place will be gone.
  •  

Alaia

Sad: Having to go out in public today sans makeup.
Happy: Being ma'amed anyway :)

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray."

― Rumi
  •  

Marcellow

Wanted to share story for a magazine but I need 6 professional photos of me to insert into the magazine. Shoot, I need a photographer.
  •  

Edge

My boyfriend invited me to hang out with him for a short period of time. When I got there, he played video games for a good chunk of that time. I was happy to see him, but was not happy that he invited me over just so I could watch him play video games. I had other stuff I could have been doing.
I got into a debate with our friend over a topic that neither our friend nor my boyfriend agree with and that my boyfriend thinks is stupid. Now at least they know my stance on it because I usually keep quiet, but I had trouble getting my emotions back down even after knowing that my boyfriend isn't mad at me. (I didn't yell or anything. It just feels uncomfortable.)
I am still paranoid that showing annoyance and having a controversial opinion makes my boyfriend not want to be with me anymore. Even though he made it very clear he's not mad and he does want me around.
Actually, he made it pretty clear he loves me. He didn't say "I love you," but he told me I need "love and cuddles," proceeded to cuddle me, and told me that I make him happy. Me being me, I'm still paranoid.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Edge on November 10, 2014, 04:24:55 PM
My boyfriend invited me to hang out with him for a short period of time. When I got there, he played video games for a good chunk of that time. I was happy to see him, but was not happy that he invited me over just so I could watch him play video games. I had other stuff I could have been doing.
I got into a debate with our friend over a topic that neither our friend nor my boyfriend agree with and that my boyfriend thinks is stupid. Now at least they know my stance on it because I usually keep quiet, but I had trouble getting my emotions back down even after knowing that my boyfriend isn't mad at me. (I didn't yell or anything. It just feels uncomfortable.)
I am still paranoid that showing annoyance and having a controversial opinion makes my boyfriend not want to be with me anymore. Even though he made it very clear he's not mad and he does want me around.
Actually, he made it pretty clear he loves me. He didn't say "I love you," but he told me I need "love and cuddles," proceeded to cuddle me, and told me that I make him happy. Me being me, I'm still paranoid.

I often wonder about that, when a couple go out together and both sit there texting other people, like are we having fun yet? Kinda thoughtless and rude really!
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: Shantel on November 10, 2014, 04:42:32 PM
I often wonder about that, when a couple go out together and both sit there texting other people, like are we having fun yet? Kinda thoughtless and rude really!
Crazy^^___^^ isn't it Shanty. This is one of the things my ex used to do to me. She'd beg me to come over and spend time with her, but once I got there I couldn't keep her off her phone. :-\

Ally ;)
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Jill F

Have to take the 5:30 train downtown with all of the smelly creeps and weirdos... to the Judas Priest concert (and I have VIP backstage/open bar passes!).
  •  

Constance

Our Trans-Forming Ministries group at seminary had a planning session today for next Tuesday's chapel service, which will be a TDoR. The meeting was great, and we got a lot of good work done.

But, there's still a need for the TDoR.  :(

JustASeq

Went to a friends birthday party tonight and met a bunch of his friends for the first time. Everyone seemed nice, however I did get something new, that I am not sure how to take. During a conversation with new folks, it came out that I was trans. One woman there said "I didn't realize you were trans, I just thought you were a lesbian." I explained that I identify as female but was assigned male, and yeah... anyways, kinda just left me wondering about the meaning of her words. What does a lesbian look like anyways?...
-Seq
-Seq
  •