Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Ultimate Prosthetic

Started by ty.to.the.man, August 14, 2012, 09:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isabelle

Nahhh, I have no interest in making such a business, if I were to produce an stp I'd just do it on the side for the cost of the materials. Once you have the mould, reproductions are pretty simple to make. The real issue I see isn't the price of the materials, it's painting, that's where the cost would come in.
  •  

MaxAloysius

So make us a mould and we'll do the rest? :)

Seriously though, I'm very curious to know how one goes about making something like this for themselves; I'm in desperate need of a new dick that actually looks real. :(
  •  

Isabelle

Sadly, it's not as simple as just making a mould, the process of pouring, painting, seaming and hair punching a prothsetic like the reel magic one is quite an involved one that requires a fair amount of materials and safety knowledge. I've been doing a little research and I think I could produce something very similar to the reelmagic one for about 450usd per appliance but it would need to be run size of at least 20 to make it viable. The skin tone and finish would be irrelevant, I could do them in several differnt skin tones for various ethnicities, have been daydreaming about the manufacture today, I'm thinking could install a flexible rod in the shaft to simulate erectile tissue and fluid fill tubes for heat exchange with the area in contact with the body, that way body heat could be transferred into the shaft, making it feel warm to the touch.
  •  

MaxAloysius

Damn...well thanks anyway Isabelle! :)
  •  

justcause

Thanks anyway? She just said she would do it if 20 people jumped on board.

Well, count me in Isabelle!

The warmth transfer is a great idea! Though I wonder what would happen in cold climates?
Also movable testicles is something it would need
  •  

Lord of the Dance

I'm definitely curious too, Isabelle... but what of an STP, if I may ask? Have you any thoughts as to how an STP would be integrated or would this hypothetical prosthesis be pack 'n' play only? (sorry if this sounds rude or cheeky... not my intention at all! I suck at wording things and tend to come across as sounding a bit pretentious or sarcastic sometimes...)

But seriously, it's incredible. I admire your creativity and resourcefulness. It's people like you that give us hope for the future :)

•  

brayden4

Quote from: emil on October 13, 2012, 06:26:36 PM
anyone received theirs yet?

Nope, I still haven't recieved or heard anything back from the guy. Last he said was "an email isn't going to make me go faster" and that was 2 weeks ago. Over all its been almost 3 months and 2 "gonna be shippment dates" later and still nothing. I sent him a message saying that if and when he makes up another shipment date and if its not actually shipped I'm pulling for a full refund.  That is a lot of money to put down for nothing. I sent him that last week and he still hasn't even replied to it so idk what to do now. Its getting very ridiculous. I think if someone is going to make up a business they need to keep their orders in order. I don't feel his business is going last if he is doing this to every customer he gets.

•  

Isabelle

Lord of the dance, I'm planning this to be an stp first and foremost. The erectile function would be an easy thing to add, the heat exchange idea is just a day dream at the moment. Right now I'm waiting for my boss to get back from a trip so I can discuss this with him, to see if he'd be cool with me doing it. I'm pretty sure he'd be into it but I have to ask cause I can't do it without access to the materials and tools I need. Depending on the outcome of that conversation I'll start a new thread about it. I know what it's like being trans, I have a skill set that could help my trans brothers so I want to see if its possible.
  •  

justcause

Quote from: Isabelle on October 15, 2012, 02:55:49 PM
Lord of the dance, I'm planning this to be an stp first and foremost. The erectile function would be an easy thing to add, the heat exchange idea is just a day dream at the moment. Right now I'm waiting for my boss to get back from a trip so I can discuss this with him, to see if he'd be cool with me doing it. I'm pretty sure he'd be into it but I have to ask cause I can't do it without access to the materials and tools I need. Depending on the outcome of that conversation I'll start a new thread about it. I know what it's like being trans, I have a skill set that could help my trans brothers so I want to see if its possible.

Well, im def. excited and hope this could happen.  The artistry in the example you showed is highly impressive.  As you noted, the only thing out there that looks real enough to spend money on is reelmagik.  But as you know from reading this thread, it's not "it."  The high price coupled with the fact it is not an stp makes it another less than ideal product out on the market.

Currently, I am definitely on board with being 1 digit in the 20 you are looking for.
  •  

justcause

Quote from: brayden4 on October 15, 2012, 11:25:05 AM
Nope, I still haven't recieved or heard anything back from the guy. Last he said was "an email isn't going to make me go faster" and that was 2 weeks ago. Over all its been almost 3 months and 2 "gonna be shippment dates" later and still nothing. I sent him a message saying that if and when he makes up another shipment date and if its not actually shipped I'm pulling for a full refund.  That is a lot of money to put down for nothing. I sent him that last week and he still hasn't even replied to it so idk what to do now. Its getting very ridiculous. I think if someone is going to make up a business they need to keep their orders in order. I don't feel his business is going last if he is doing this to every customer he gets.
He has no idea how to run a business. If you paid via paypal file a claim. CC, do a charge back.
  •  

Isabelle

Justcause, I appreciate the compliment but, the one I showed was just a very quick sculpt in plastilina, I think it took about 2 hours, it wouldn't stand up to close inspection. What I aim to do with this project is produce something that is as believable as possible. Something that you could stand infront of a dr, take it out of your pants and have them not know its an appliance. I've started a thread about it, please come and take part, share your thoughts on what would be ideal.
  •  

brayden4

Quote from: justcause on October 15, 2012, 10:40:52 PM
He has no idea how to run a business. If you paid via paypal file a claim. CC, do a charge back.

I paid with a debit card. I'm giving him til thur. again to reply to me and tell me whats going on then I guess the only choice I have is to contact the bank. This really sucks too because I wanted this for my disphoria, and I know this guy knows how disphoria can be him being a transguy also and still it seems like he couldn't care less about his business which I thought he started to help people with the same problem. At first he was wanting all these orders to pay for his top surgery and now that he got it, its like well he got what he wanted so thats all that mattered. I can understand if he ended up having a lot of orders come in but he should go by them in order of purchase and get the first ones sent out first and work his way, if it wasn't fake to begin with. Im hoping its not, I really believed it wasn't but by the way hes going about this I'm starting to wonder.

•  

Codyboy1989

I would definitely ask for a refund or contact the bank to have the payment reversed...it seems ridiculous that he hasn't even gotten back to you in that long.  I know the wait is really long, but why not just go for the reelmajik?  They have gotten fantastic reviews, their customer service is great, and they always ship their products...even if it takes a little longer.  Sure, they cost more, but you get what you pay for...I'd personally rather pay a little more and know I am getting a great product than pay a little less and get a mediocre product.  Just my preference I guess.  I've purchased some of the less expensive packers and prosthetics, and the majority of them were terrible.  They looked bad, felt bad, and didn't last long.  My reelmajik has held up great and looks so real...I've never seen anything like it.  That guy promised great things and look what we've seen so far...nothing impressive, in fact, nothing at all.  I'd stick with an established company...my only hope is for an STP from them!  Heard rumors, but nothing solid yet.  Keeping fingers crossed.
  •  

AdamMLP

What makes me feel uncomfortable most with this situation is the fact that he was so vigilant before at responding to this thread by adding stuff to the website, and now, nothing, not even direct emails.  Something definitely doesn't seem right to me.  The only logical, legit, explanation to me is that he's had some complication with his surgery, but even then I would have thought he would tell you, unless he's to proud to admit it or something.
  •  

justcause

Quote from: brayden4 on October 16, 2012, 10:39:44 AM
I paid with a debit card.
Ah, never do that online.  It's harder to get your money back with a debit.

You have security with paypal or a credit card.

Quote from: Codyboy1989 on October 16, 2012, 05:01:32 PM
I'd stick with an established company...my only hope is for an STP from them!  Heard rumors, but nothing solid yet.  Keeping fingers crossed.
Well yea, only it takes 6 months to get.  And he said no stp planned.  But if he did change his mind would one be stuck with the non stop version after waiting for half a freakin year?

Also, RM prices are ridiculous (yea its the best, but its not affordable for the average person).. If he were to release STP version I would be scared to see the price.
  •  

aleon515

This is an irresponsible kid, who has no business trying to run a business because he can't do it. There is more to it than finding a product (which he might have). You gotta fill orders and so on. He can't even advertise appropriately. He may be an ok guy, not meaning to act irresponsibly but he is. I don't think anyone would get their product. I'd go on and find someone else and try and work getting your money back.

--Jay J
  •  

brayden4

He messaged back today and said that he is sorry for the long wait and knows we must be getting anxious but he figured out a way to make them even better and wanted to add that to my product before he shipped out and that is why it was taking longer. He said I should be receiving it next week. I hope it really is coming because now I'm really excited again. But I'm guessing that's why it's taking longer for other people on here who have bought it to receive it also and do a review because he is adding it to them (which is good. it makes the quality better)

•  

aleon515

Frankly I wouldn't hold my breath, otoh, he may yet surprise us. I am of the opinion he reads Susans'. If this is so, you need to get your act together kid.

--Jay J
  •  

brayden4

Quote from: aleon515 on October 17, 2012, 06:54:29 PM
Frankly I wouldn't hold my breath, otoh, he may yet surprise us. I am of the opinion he reads Susans'. If this is so, you need to get your act together kid.

--Jay J

I'm not holding my breath but I can't help but be a little excited at the thought that I might actually get it soon. I'm just hoping I don't get let down again but I'm an optimist, just trying not too excited too soon just encase

•  

AJarrah

Quote from: Snowman77 on September 29, 2012, 12:12:59 PM

Is the funnel really that bad for the Urimate?

Sorry for the late reply, haven't had internet.
Yes, it was pretty awful. It basically requires you to hold it underneath you, and my main focus is being able to use it at a urinal at work. Which I can do perfectly fine with it now that I have the medicine spoon back in it. I'm working on my own little prototype that's worked well for me, but I want to "perfect" it some more. Either way, the funnel doesn't work well if you want it to work like a bio-male's does. That's always been my main concern. I'm legally male, and everyone at work knows me as male, so I can't really be that weird guy that sits to pee.
Semper Fidelis

•