Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Ultimate Prosthetic

Started by ty.to.the.man, August 14, 2012, 09:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenton_07

I'm not sure what to do here guys. I kind of want to file a claim with paypal and get the money back, but what if this thing actually does exist? I'm just sick of having to wait for it. I might just order the peecock in the mean time and then if I don't get the one from this guy I at least have something.
  •  

aleon515

Honestly I don't think the guy is legit. Perhaps he means well in some ways and wants to do things right, but I think he is either unable or not entirely willing. His textish writing is a sign of immaturity on his part. I doubt he understands (or perhaps doesn't care) that businesses are run in a different way. Yes, I guess that Paypal is on his case. I think they probably contact people to see if they will change as it is expensive to cancel an order. The emails are really interesting, imo. He sounds like he is try to worm his way out of the situation. The whole thing of "I'll take a picture of your ready to ship item if you withdraw the hold now." Why not send you the picture *now*. He could get a box and some prototype and set the prototype in the box.

You can give them six weeks. I don't think that much longer is warranted. Yes, he could take longer, but I think he should contact you with delays.
Frankly I'd deal with someone else.

--Jay J
  •  

AdamMLP

Quote from: kenton_07 on November 08, 2012, 05:28:26 PM
I'm not sure what to do here guys. I kind of want to file a claim with paypal and get the money back, but what if this thing actually does exist? I'm just sick of having to wait for it. I might just order the peecock in the mean time and then if I don't get the one from this guy I at least have something.

Could you file a claim just encase he's a scam and then if other people do get theirs -- if anyone dares to try -- get someone else to buy it for you if he does refuse to sell you one in the future?
  •  

transboitn

I'd suggest for you to file a claim immediately. The guy seems sketchy from the e-mail correspondence I had with him and that's why I eventually chose not to place an order. I wouldn't wait to file a claim because after 45 days of placing an order, you lose Paypal protection.
  •  

kenton_07

Quote from: Alex000000 on November 08, 2012, 06:14:52 PM
Could you file a claim just encase he's a scam and then if other people do get theirs -- if anyone dares to try -- get someone else to buy it for you if he does refuse to sell you one in the future?

I did open a dispute but then he emailed me saying he couldn't ship it with an open dispute because it apparently takes the funds out of his account so I took it off because I still have another week. I contacted paypal about it but haven't heard back yet.
  •  

brayden4

well heres something funny about this Ultimate Prosthetic.. So i've been waiting almost 5months now.. and really kept on about it.. still haven't recieved it.. I told him I'm about to take legal action because it has really gotten out of hand.. and he kept saying "oh ill send the shipping confirmation number" told me this about 5times within a week.. well I finally recieved my "confirmation" number but lol turns out.. he filed it electronically telling the post office he had a shipment to place.. come to find out it actually hasn't even been taken to the post office.. but he led me to believe it had.. Im so sick of this.. and I suggest NO ONE order from him.. he has no idea how a business works and people are just going to lose their money.. really DO NOT ORDER from this guy. save yourself the headache and disappointment. I'm not sure if he thinks the longer he drags it out that people won't be able to get their money back but even if the paypal date expires for a refund then it will turn into a MAJOR legal issue and could get charged for Fraud.

•  

kenton_07

wow brayden thats a ridiculous amount of time. i think your post just swayed my decision to be safe rather than sorry. the thing is, he wont contact me through paypal. hopefully i can resolve this anyway
  •  

brayden4

I'm going to call paypal and let them know whats going on maybe they can flag his account or cancel it so people won't get ripped off.. if enough people are filing disputs then paypal will catch on. I have two cousins who are lawyers as well and it would be no problem to file charges against him for fraud.

•  

kenton_07

I had opened a dispute and escalated it to a claim less than 24 hours ago. He must have logged onto paypal and said it was resolved because it says my claim is now closed. I just had to file a claim for unauthorized account adjustments because of this. This is starting to really frustrate me.
  •  

brayden4

wow thats crazy enough is enough. This has to be a scam and it really is ashame because the product did sound good. He doesn't even have a contact number. I might go ahead and see if he will give his number so I can talk to him on the phone about this. also its odd that our money went into a account addressed to Cody Whitfield and this "richie newman" person is the one doing all the messaging maybe this "cody whitfield" is the person we need to get ahold of. If it isnt the same person.

•  

kenton_07

Yeah I meant to say something about that in my last post but was too frustrated to remember. Maybe Richie Newman is just a cover name so that he can't be found but then that wouldn't have been well thought out by him. I believe the product exists somewhere, but maybe he is the only one who has one. It just sucks because I've waited so long already and now I'll have to order from somewhere else and wait again.
  •  

brayden4

atleast if you order from somewhere else you will actually recieve your product in a timely manner. I've done some research on this Cody Whitfield person and found that he does have a facebook and he is the one in the pictures on the website. As for the other guy there are no traces of him to be found. I have saved every single email from this guy from the start so hopefully that will help with paypal doing something about this.

•  

kenton_07

Yeah this hopefully will be resolved. It has just become out of hand. I feel bad for the guy but at the same time, its not my fault.
  •  

aleon515

I didn't think about the number of days for Paypal. I'd place my complaint.
I also wouldn't respond to him emailing you privately at this point. He had his chance.
There are real products out there.

--Jay J
  •  

kenton_07

He just privately emailed me about the dispute I filed saying how we had just spoken yesterday and he was going to send the prosthetic ASAP. I do not plan on responding outside of PayPal any longer. He also stated that if the hold isn't removed by tomorrow, then I will not get the prosthetic and he will refund the money. I'm just not going to respond unless he contacts me through PayPal. If he does refund the money without me removing the dispute, then it will just make everything easier so hopefully he decides to go that route.
  •  

brayden4

He just sent me a similar email. heres the email i got "Ok I am really losing my patience here. I gave you a tracking number...yes a real one. We are using a carrier to pick up our packages. Leave the shipping details to us please. You are not "obviously not getting your product". If this contintues I will cancel your order. I would rather be out 245 dollars than deal with you anymore. Your prosthteic is ready and if you mess with this any more and contact paypal I will cancel and refund your order. If you dont trust me I will give you, your money back I am through with this!"
This is NOT ok. we are the customers and we have every right to keep track of our product and we are the ones who lose our patience not the other way around. and yes he gave me a tracking number but its been a few days now i dont think it should take THAT long to go to a post office and send something out.

•  

kenton_07

What does he expect? I'm sorry that I'm doing this to him but he is leaving us with no choice. No evidence of our prosthetics that we purchased or anything. Until I see some reviews for this product if it does exist, I will be fighting to get my money back and stay far away from his "business"

I also got offended by the attitude that I got from just the way he wrote the email. That is no way to talk to a customer regardless of what industry or service business you are in. He seems to have short fuse for this kind of thing. I can imagine that he is stressed out, but he should've kept his composure and been professional about everything.
  •  

brayden4

I highly agree I did say I will give it until monday to be intransit and will keep checking if it is not in transit by monday then i want a refund. it seems like the paypal thing is freaking him out it almost sounds threating that we should not contact paypal.

•  

kenton_07

I could see why he would do that because he doesn't want to get in trouble with paypal so I see why he is giving me the reason to just opt out. If he were to say this through paypal, then I would respond. But I do not want to continue contact outside of paypal just for the sake of saving the money I spent on the prosthetic. I would like to give him that chance (to ship my product by monday as well), but I have already opened the claim and he will not ship it with an open dispute.
  •  

brayden4

Just imagine if you actually got your product and something was wrong with it or it wasnt exactly what you ordered how long would it take to get back AFTER you sent it back with a problem. Just keep trying to get your money back.

•