News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Are you striving for a curvy body?

Started by Elsa.G, March 05, 2013, 01:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veronica

Quote from: Angela??? on March 06, 2013, 09:52:00 PM
At 6 foot tall and 185 pound (84kg) I am slim for a person of my age.

I would love to have an hourglass figure!! This is my fav female shape.

This I do achive by using my steel bone corsit. But I still want to loss more weight to make my waist smaller.

I'm really hoping mine pulls in my lower ribs, I think I'll cry if it doesn't. I'm pretty sure it has 24 steel bones, being that it's made for waist training and not for "dress" (I think they have half as many).

The only thing I don't know about is if I should 23/6 or 18/7, there are so many conflicting messages on the "corset training" info pages about how long you should wear a training corset for....... I do know I have to start taking yoga though, they say it helps prevent atrophy if you wear it "all the time."

Anyways, does yours pull in your ribs? I know it takes month/years of wearing one to physically "alter" your rib cage for an hourglass when it is off.

<3 Veronica
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

I just wish the curve in the middle would move to the hips and butt.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Veronica

Quote from: Ms. OBrien VT on March 06, 2013, 10:34:10 PM
I just wish the curve in the middle would move to the hips and butt.

Exercise! You can do it!

Squats (and other lower body "butt" work outs) + hit the Elliptical! Burn calories and only target your butt, it will thank you later!

Also try to make a diet of nuts, salad, and yogurt, and (something else I forget, maybe Turkey sandwiches?) small amounts often. Salad tricks your stomach into thinking it's full, yogurt and nuts give you needed "nutrients," also oats too.   

<3 Veronica
  •  

AnarchoChloe

Quote from: Veronica on March 06, 2013, 10:43:33 PM
Exercise! You can do it!

Squats (and other lower body "butt" work outs) + hit the Elliptical! Burn calories and only target your butt, it will thank you later!

^^^^THIS^^^^
When I first decided that transitioning needed to happen, the very first thing that needed to happen was to start to work on the gut I earned from years of drinking heavy beers. I started in January at 197 pounds and clocked myself today at 174. Not too bad for a girl whose only exercise before that point involved raising glass to mouth, but there's still a ways to go. I do an hour on the elliptical every day, no matter what. Low impact exercise of that sort will get your heart pumping but won't build unsightly (to me) muscles. After that I climb stairs for 30 minutes, do an hour of yoga, or do a series of squats and ab exercises for about an hour. So far it's working well, my thighs and butt are gaining mass while my gut shrinks. I'm avoiding anything that works my upper torso, arms, or shoulders because they're too broad for my tastes already (and I'd like to leave some material on my chest for the hormones to work with once I start because, let's face it, boobs are great).

I'd really like a more feminine silhouette, but fear that may be out of reach for me. I'd just like to pass and I'll be thrilled.
"By seeking to free others we find the strength to free ourselves."
  •  

tomthom

Quote from: AnarchoChloe on March 07, 2013, 12:10:43 AM
^^^^THIS^^^^
When I first decided that transitioning needed to happen, the very first thing that needed to happen was to start to work on the gut I earned from years of drinking heavy beers. I started in January at 197 pounds and clocked myself today at 174. Not too bad for a girl whose only exercise before that point involved raising glass to mouth, but there's still a ways to go. I do an hour on the elliptical every day, no matter what. Low impact exercise of that sort will get your heart pumping but won't build unsightly (to me) muscles. After that I climb stairs for 30 minutes, do an hour of yoga, or do a series of squats and ab exercises for about an hour. So far it's working well, my thighs and butt are gaining mass while my gut shrinks. I'm avoiding anything that works my upper torso, arms, or shoulders because they're too broad for my tastes already (and I'd like to leave some material on my chest for the hormones to work with once I start because, let's face it, boobs are great).

I'd really like a more feminine silhouette, but fear that may be out of reach for me. I'd just like to pass and I'll be thrilled.

with that workload you're going to pass for sure. any baseline photos? predicting the changes isn't all that hard when you become familiar with the body.
"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two."
― Hayao Miyazaki
Practicality dominates me. I can be a bit harsh, but I mean well.
  •  

AnarchoChloe

I hate cameras. Really don't enjoy pics of myself in guy mode. Oh god, the body hair is enough to drive me mad. I did take a few shots just so I can remember where I came from when all is said and done. I'll share them at some point, but not tonight.
"By seeking to free others we find the strength to free ourselves."
  •  

tomthom

all in good time then.

also, just as a general statement about bodies, I recomend looking at male and female skeletons. there really is hardly any difference, so at the end of the day just trust in your genetics to guide you.
"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two."
― Hayao Miyazaki
  •  

Jen-Jen

Yes, I am striving for a curvy body.  I want nice waist, curvy hips and thighs, if only the fat in my belly area would go to the needed places!  I am so jealous of Carmen Carrera I so want to have her body.
Don't judge a book by its cover! My lifes been like a country song! True love, amazing grace, severe heartbreak, buckles, boots n spurs! I 've been thrown off the bull a couple times, I keep getting up and dusting myself off! Can't give up on my happily ever after!
  •  

Kelly J. P.

I'm pretty thin, hovering around 45kg/100lbs at 162.6cm/5'4". I don't really have much in the way of boobs, and my face looks vaguely vampirish/undead, so I certainly wish for a more curvy body.

Getting to a healthy weight is a challenge, though - at least, for me. I get sick in the mornings if I eat, and I don't have much of an appetite in general... and when I do eat, I get full really fast. Weight gain shakes are helpful, but there are no miracles. If I want to gain weight, I will probably have to go beyond my stomach's comfort zone... and I might have to lose a few meals in order to find out just how much I can eat in a single day.

It would be nice to put on 20-30lbs. Am I putting forward the appropriate effort? No. I guess I don't think it's worth all the trouble and expense.
  •  

Jennygirl

I would happily be a moderate pear shape "curvy by my definition" w/ skinny top and small boobs. To me, that shape screams femininity and I have always wanted it.... since I was about 13 when I started padding my hips.

Now though, the padding feels wrong. I am totally uninterested. I guess I am much more comfortable with my body the way it is, and I don't like to pretend or hide anything about it externally... obviously except for one particular area haha ;)

Down the line I may end up checking out hip augmentation if the HRT doesn't give me what I want or if I feel like I want it (who knows who cares right now). After starting HRT I haven't honestly even thought about padding my hips at all... I tried it once for an outfit and ended up feeling horrible about myself. Back to the back of the drawer go the pads... Maybe never to be used again. I don't need them anymore- I love what is happening elsewhere with my body and I want to present the real me.

I have to say though, when a GG talks about how skinny my hips are in jealousy, it drives my dysphoria wild. I joke about it usually by saying "wanna trade?". And seriously no amount of comments like "skinny hips are more feminine" make any difference to me at all. OK ending my rant!
  •  

muuu

•  

Michelle G

I have always been thankful of my natural curves in my hips and waist, it was tough hiding in boy mode at the beach or pool though, I would get teased often for being built like a girl...that made me sad and happy at the same time as I just couldn't tell anyone what was up with me back then.
   I have other features that are more consistent with females than males, I just can't wait to get HRT  going to try and amplify those parts :)

Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

Sabrina

I wouldn't mind having some curves, maybe a slightly bigger butt / hip region, smaller waist, and proportional boobs for my chest (38). I guess I will have to wait and see what fate deals me.
- Sabrina

•  

Tessa James

And with a roll of the dice the deal becomes real!  I would love to have a full curvy figure but am tall at 5'11" so feel fine with getting more girly in any way! I also want to stay very active no matter the body habitus.  Keep dancing!
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

tomthom

well that's a bit ridiculous :P
but yes. exceptions are the only constant it seems.
― Hayao Miyazaki
  •  

lizagirl

I am striving to get back my curvy figure that I had in my teens and twenties plus a little extra curves on my hips and bust where it should be.
  •  

tomthom

honestly those result pics are kind of... gross. It just doesn't look aesthetically pleasing anymore. in fact with both of these http://www.drchugay.com/images/stories/2010procedures/hip_augmentation_front.jpg http://www.drchugay.com/images/stories/2010procedures/hip_augmentation_back.jpg it looks a lot better in the before.

It's just my opinion, but overexxageration of the featres isn't going to aid in beauty unless you're aiming for a ghetto booty.
― Hayao Miyazaki
  •  

AusBelle

Quote from: Jennygirl on March 15, 2013, 11:26:19 PM
I've decided, I'm totally getting hips next year.

http://www.drchugay.com/body-contouring/thigh/hip-augmentation-surgery

You are joking?

Honestly the best way to go is proper exercise/workouts and eating correctly.  Not to mention enough time on HRT.
  •  

MaidofOrleans

Those before and afters just look the same with a more skimpy undergarment on and a slightly different angle.

I call bs
"For transpeople, using the right pronoun is NOT simply a 'political correctness' issue. It's core to the entire struggle transpeople go through. Using the wrong pronoun means 'I don't recognize you as who you are.' It means 'I think you're confused, delusional, or mentally I'll.'. It means 'you're not important enough for me to acknowledge your struggle.'"
  •