Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Yeson voice feminization surgery

Started by Jennygirl, April 22, 2013, 06:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennygirl

Thank you!! As I won't be able to talk for 7 days, I'm sure I'll be updating here with how I feel. And then after 7 days I can finally hear it for the first time. I have a feeling it will be one of the truest tests of patience so far in my life.

I'm prepared to experience some hoarseness at first. I know I will have to be patient to really hear the result. But I also feel like it will probably be quite a bit different immediately (when I am allowed to talk), too :)
  •  

kira21 ♡♡♡

MANDY GG

•  

Jennygirl

Hi there!! It's 4:30pm in Tokyo :)

We are waiting to board for out last connection to Seoul. From the airport it's a 1.5hr train ride to the hotel- I think we will get in around 11 or 12p.

My consultation/examination is at 11a tomorrow morning or 7pm monday pacific standard time so I'll know more of the specific details about recovery and what to expect.

I haven't been nervous whatsoever. I have a really good feeling about this!
  •  

Heather

Quote from: Jennygirl on May 13, 2013, 02:46:48 AM

We are waiting to board for out last connection to Seoul. From the airport it's a 1.5hr train ride to the hotel- I think we will get in around 11 or 12p.

My consultation/examination is at 11a tomorrow morning or 7pm monday pacific standard time so I'll know more of the specific details about recovery and what to expect.

Good luck Jenny!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Jennygirl on May 13, 2013, 02:46:48 AM

Hang in there sweetie, we'll all be thinking of you. Can't wait to find out how it went, want to hear your new voice some day.
  •  

Jennygirl

Thanks shantel!!

I'm waiting in the lobby for the rest of my voice examination. They already had a look at my vocal chords earlier this morning, and I have a mild tremor so I might have to take some medication to fix it. It's minor so I don't think I will need a Botox injection. I am extremely impressed with Dr Kim and his staff. I am not nervous at all, I mean- not one bit!

This next consult is the part where we decide how much of the vocal food to tie off (how high my voice will end up)! Very excited.

Other than that I've been out and about in Seoul just a few times. I gotta say the women here know how to DRESS. I am suuuper impressed with the styles I'm seeing. What a fabulous city!!! The rail system is incredible, too- besides all the weird looks a taller than average American looking female attracts ;) I'm getting stared up and down wherever I go. But it just kinda cracks me up.
  •  

barbie

Jenny,

I hope the surgery will go well and enjoy Seoul.

I hurried to be in Seoul on Saturday for my business.
Yes. Girls there have fashion sense like other crowded cities.

The top news here has been about sexual misconduct by the presidential spokesman during his stay in DC, USA.  I begin being tired of it.

You may visit fashion stores in Dongdaemoon, old town. Also visit buddhism temples on Friday. On that day, they offer free lunch to everyone. It is perfect for veggies, and delicious.

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Rowan Rue

Oooh, I want to see photos of Seoul street fashion please!

My personal blog is [url=http
  •  

barbie

In Gangnam area, there is one buddhism temple:

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

kira21 ♡♡♡

barbie

There are several palaces in the old town of Seoul. My favorite one is Changdeokgung Palace:

It takes about 30 mins to walk from Myeongdong.

I once took some photos here:

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Shantel

Great videos Barbie, thanks for sharing them with us!
  •  

Jennygirl

Surgery complete! The hardest part is behind me. Now it's time for the waiting game

The staff here is nothing short of incredible. Every moment I have been here has been peaceful, respectful, and reassuring in every way. I am just so super impressed to say the least.

This morning waking up from surgery was a little rough, I had some phlegm deep in my throat that I wasn't allowed to clear out. I kept thinking I would suffocate on it. Then after about an hour and a half of waiting through that, I was allowed to drink some water which cleared the problem instantaneously.. WHEW!

Now I am still in the waiting room, eating my first meal- some vegetably pastey stuff that tastes pretty darn good.

I probably won't be able to hear any changes in my voice until at least 1 month post op if not 2- so patience will definitely need to be had! I have a good feeling that it's going to turn out well. My goal is to be the best little patient and follow all of their directions to a T :D
  •  

Heather

Quote from: Jennygirl on May 15, 2013, 12:29:58 AM
Surgery complete! The hardest part is behind me. Now it's time for the waiting game

The staff here is nothing short of incredible. Every moment I have been here has been peaceful, respectful, and reassuring in every way. I am just so super impressed to say the least.

This morning waking up from surgery was a little rough, I had some phlegm deep in my throat that I wasn't allowed to clear out. I kept thinking I would suffocate on it. Then after about an hour and a half of waiting through that, I was allowed to drink some water which cleared the problem instantaneously.. WHEW!

Now I am still in the waiting room, eating my first meal- some vegetably pastey stuff that tastes pretty darn good.

I probably won't be able to hear any changes in my voice until at least 1 month post op if not 2- so patience will definitely need to be had! I have a good feeling that it's going to turn out well. My goal is to be the best little patient and follow all of their directions to a T :D
Hey Jenny I'm glad your surgery went well and I'm sure your voice is going to be as beautiful as you are.
  •  

Jennygirl

Aww heather! That is so sweet of you to say!! :D thank you!!!

I'm just gonna keep updating here!

Also apparently there are two more from the US getting their VFS here in May and another from australia.
  •  

Kate_H

Glad to hear it went well - you must be jumping up and down in your head waiting to hear the results... and yet having to wait quite some time on top of recovery!

I can't wait to hear from you how you feel about it once you've recovered.  Like I said, I think this is definitely on the cards for me as soon as I can arrange it!

Kx
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Jennygirl on May 15, 2013, 12:29:58 AM

Good thinking Jenny, glad it went well for you dear! I remember the gal that went to Dr. Thomas, she went out the door and lit up a smoke right away. What a dumb ass! She messed her voice up right at that moment and it cracks at times because of it. So yes, it is smart to follow the doc's instructions perfectly.
  •  

MANDY GG

Thank you for shareing your experien jenny . I"m glad all went well for you
  •  

Jennygirl

Well I'm not through the thick of it yet. These first 7 days of recovery are crucial to the outcome. I am concentrating so hard on not coughing.

I have been carrying water around Seoul with me because occasionally I'll get hit with a blast of who knows what and it makes me wanna cough!! If I do cough it could undo the main suture holding the tied portion of the vocal folds together. It needs 7 days to have a full heal.

Today I did have a moment where I forgot I couldn't talk.. My friend who is a designer was walking in front of me, and we were passing a design company who had misspelled the word "portfolio" on their sign out front :P they had spelled it "portpolio" lol... Anyway I tried to say "hey!" to my friend ahead of me and then a hoarse sound came out.. I was startled by it! It was definitely higher than I was expecting. It was kind of exciting to be shocked, but I realized I have to be even more careful. If I would actually try to yell something it would almost for sure screw something up being only 60 or so hours post-op.

Either way, I kinda like not talking. It's rather relaxing. I've been typing to my friend a lot on the iPhone and becoming much more familiar with hand gestures. Today it started to hit me that I will never hear my old voice ever again... And I could do nothing but smile from the inside out :D
  •